+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding New Images To Customize How?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Ok I have the newest version of customize and i have gone and downloaded some charging battery images off here. I open up iphonebrowser and copy the folder into the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Adding New Images To Customize How?
    Ok I have the newest version of customize and i have gone and downloaded some charging battery images off here. I open up iphonebrowser and copy the folder into the customize folder area where the other folders are for it. I can see the new image in customize on the phone and can select it but it just does not change over for some reason. What am i doing wrong or is this not how to do it?

Jason

Thanks

tired of posting with children
    Last edited by skihound; 01-24-2008 at 03:01 AM.
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

Thanks

Hmmm yeah, they're png files and numbered properly. I dont get that Customize sees them but just wont implement them when selected. Strange.

Jason

I figured it out....if you rename the folder and the filenames the same it works perfect. so for instance...if the folder is called "Blue" then each png needs to be named Blue-# and it works perfect. weird.

Jason
    Last edited by Jayman11; 11-14-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

This would be a very good wiki topic IMO. A lot of people request custom this and that, and most dont know how to use them unless replacing the defaults, so this could really help a lot of people...

Thanks

Definately....it was frustrating the heck out of me until i really sat back and looked at what was different. Now you dont have to change the default ones at all. Just install customize and get access to the system and you can add them to customize and select them.

Jason

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i still can't get them to work, any help guys.
    Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slimmike View Post
    i still can't get them to work, any help guys.
    Cheers
    What kind of image are you looking to add? Battery, slider?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any doesn't matter what it just won't change.
    I've gone thruw most of the options.

Thanks

Ok, go to private/var/root/Library/Customize/

Try going to main slider, then make a new folder among the others named Custom, then you can add any image you want. Are you sure that dosent work? After you do it, reboot your phone...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also have the same problem, running 1.1.1, Summerboard with the Neorox Leopard theme and Customize.

I have added folders to the "carrierimages" folder. The images show up when running "Customize" and I can select them but nothing ever changes. The only thing I can change is the "Dock" and only by turning off the "themed dock" in summerboard.

I even tried labelling the folders and file as suggested by Jayman11 above, that didn't work either.

For some reason or another I can't get anything else to change. Any suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

I was having this same problem earlier and I have found the solution in my case. Like with most things not fully functioning on the iphone the problem was the permissions. In your customize.app folder make sure all of the files other than the image files in every folder are set to 0755 (that means all of the plists and executables and such). My problem was that I had to put all of my apps in my phone manually and because of this I had to set all permissions manually but I missed the plists under /applications/customize.app/settings. Hope this works for yall too.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the one thing that doesnt work for me is signal bars. Its almost like its treating each of the files as its own image as opposed to a group of 12 that go together... any tips?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinchris View Post
    the one thing that doesnt work for me is signal bars. Its almost like its treating each of the files as its own image as opposed to a group of 12 that go together... any tips?
    Signal bars work for me on Customize when I use this format. Just rename them accordingly. A great example to use is the Orange (Customize-ready) Signal bars that can be found on the Downloads page. Link is here.

After downloading, just take a look at the folder name OrangeBars and you will see that the filenames of the images inside range from orange.png to orange-11.png.

So let's say for example that you want to group together a bunch of red signal bar images. The folder name would be "RedBars" and then just rename the files inside accordingly from red.png all the way up to red-11.png. Then SSH the entire RedBars folder into your Customize folder (I'm assuming you already know how to do that)

Hope I made that clear LOL

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mzkaye729 For This Useful Post:

starchest (12-21-2007)

Thanks
    I need help adding sounds to customize. I want to change the new mail sound. Do I have to convert the audio file into AAC OR CAF? Thanks

-Ben

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bouzo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinchris View Post
    I am having this exact problem. How can I get a SET of signal bars to be grouped on one line in Customize the same way the backup images are portrayed. Anyone? As for the suggestion mentioned to the above quote, I am reading that as a method to group "like" images, (all the zero bars, all the one bars, and so on). I want to organize mine in a group set as they are downloaded from the download section.

help would be greatly appreciated