+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to transfer theme from computer to iphone

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
please tell me how to transfer theme from computer to iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default how to transfer theme from computer to iphone
    please tell me how to transfer theme from computer to iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

depends on what kind of theme

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

sftp or iSare

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    since i was new to all this and just figured it out. here's my simple beginners guide to getting your themes from computer to iphone.

1. jailbreakme.com (go here and install it from your iphone). a new icon will be on your iphone called installer. this app lets you install all kinds of other apps.

2. install SummerBoard from installer. (then you can install themes directly from your phone without having to go through any of the trouble listed below). go back into installer and you'll see a category for Themes (SummerBoard). Install away!

3. Now if you still want to move them from your computer to your iphone, see below.

4. install BSD subsystem (from list of apps available from Installer)

5. install OpenSSH. once installed and having access to your wifi get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address.

6. SSH into your phone. ssh -l root 10.x.x.x (use your ip address). if using a mac just use the Terminal app to ssh. if windows, i don't know find a terminal type app to command line to use ssh.

7. Use password "dottie" or "alpine" when asked after ssh'ing into your phone.

8. get a SFTP program to transfer files to your iphone from your computer. server will be your IP address of your iphone, user = root, password = dottie or alpine.

9. Summerboard themes are in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

Hope this helps a little. I know i've probably missed some details, but if you just read these forums all the info is here. that's where i got it and how i'm now getting into my iphone from my wifi (ssh or sftp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brianmedia For This Useful Post:

finn45202 (05-19-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianmedia View Post
    since i was new to all this and just figured it out. here's my simple beginners guide to getting your themes from computer to iphone.

1. jailbreakme.com (go here and install it from your iphone). a new icon will be on your iphone called installer. this app lets you install all kinds of other apps.

2. install SummerBoard from installer. (then you can install themes directly from your phone without having to go through any of the trouble listed below). go back into installer and you'll see a category for Themes (SummerBoard). Install away!

3. Now if you still want to move them from your computer to your iphone, see below.

5. install OpenSSH. once installed and having access to your wifi get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address.

6. SSH into your phone. ssh -l root 10.x.x.x (use your ip address). if using a mac just use the Terminal app to ssh. if windows, i don't know find a terminal type app to command line to use ssh.

8. get a SFTP program to transfer files to your iphone from your computer. server will be your IP address of your iphone, user = root, password = dottie or alpine.

9. Summerboard themes are in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

Hope this helps a little. I know i've probably missed some details, but if you just read these forums all the info is here. that's where i got it and how i'm now getting into my iphone from my wifi (ssh or sftp)
    Would step 9 work the same way if I use ibrickr program?
    Thanks

Thanks

Yes, the directory where Summerboard themes are will never change, the only thing that changes in the File Browser you use.

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am running windows are these the same steps I need to take or different steps????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi
    I was looking to do the same. I have the summerboard application from installer and I downloaded few themes from there as well. However I found more themes while browsing the web, which I do not think are under the summerboard themes in installer.

These are on my computer, what I am wondering is, if its possible to get these on the phone without having to go on the internet from my phone. Say if I connect the phone to the computer, is there a way to do it like this.
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    step 9 isn't working for me... the summerboard isn't showing up in library when i connect it...
    any help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drockk23 View Post
    step 9 isn't working for me... the summerboard isn't showing up in library when i connect it...
    any help
    go into var, then mobile, then library and summerboard should be there. hope this helps dude

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the themes don't work in my iphone because they're zipped, how do you fix this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    bump can someone help with this

14. The Following User Says Thank You to punmc For This Useful Post:

hongteck.L (05-16-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

How to SFTP Winterboard themes

1. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

2. install winterboard
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (MAC FuGu--Wiki Guide / PC WinSCP--Wiki Guide)

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Winterboard themes go in /Library/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

andyhitcham95 (08-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    BMW iPhone Theme | JackRebel.com will the above steps work for this theme, the file doesnt match any of the 2 above file types, but its saying its an iPhone theme, any ideas?

Thanks

that is the biggest bump i have ever seen.
    what format is it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everybody ..
    Please , help me if u can. . I want to change my iphone theme . .but I cant.. here up, you wrote how to jailbreak. . . jealbreakme.com. but I cant download it to my iphone . . please help me..how can I do it ?
    I have iPhone 3gs 3.1.3. Firmware 05.12.01

Quote Originally Posted by brianmedia View Post

Hi..
    Please , help me if u can. . I want to change my iphone theme . .but I cant.. here up, you wrote how to jailbreak. . . jealbreakme.com. but I cant download it to my iphone . . please help me..how can I do it ?
    I have iPhone 3gs 3.1.3. Firmware 05.12.01
    Last edited by Nika511; 06-20-2010 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It worked, so its all good, thanks for steps posted out, very good instructions, worked like a charm, thanks again.

Thanks

wow..people dont even realize that it is a huge bump...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ip4 can't find folder
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman205 View Post
    go into var, then mobile, then library and summerboard should be there. hope this helps dude
    hey man, I'm having this same problem. i'm working with an iphone4, openssh is installed, i tried using cyberduck and fugu and neither have a folder that Summerboard, Winterboard or really anything besides the standard folders. any ideas?