Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Attempting to make my own..

Default Attempting to make my own..
    hey every1 im thinkin about tryin to make a theme.. and i know the sizes and everything are on here somewhere.. but i was wonderin when i make it... am i gonna have to know codes and all that or what?? i want to attemtp this but i dont know much about coding and all that so i was hopin i wouldnt need to konw that..

any help on this?
    Last edited by XUSCBallx; 11-07-2007 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nope, just photoshop and the knowledge of how to package it. Make sure the images are .png. Thats a start.

Reako

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

XUSCBallx (11-07-2007)

thx.. im glad some1 finally responded to this.. umm the packaging.. how will i know what to do on this??

Ummm depending on what kind of Theme you are making. For instance, a Summerboard theme. It would need to be dropped into Summerboard directory.

File location: var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes

You name the folder "Theme name" <---The actual name of the theme

Inside that folder you need the "Wallpaper" and "Dock" images. Search for specific sizes, there are limitations by pixels.

And also you will need a subfolder named "Icons". Within this foldet you will have all of your icons. They must be named to match the homescreen labels.

Reako