+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A Proposal for Standards. Theme creators and junkies PLEASE READ and COMMENT!!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Well I noticed that through Installer.app we can instal PERL to our iPhones. If Perl is actually functioning through the iphone couldn't someone modifiy this script to run from the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default port for iphone?
    Well I noticed that through Installer.app we can instal PERL to our iPhones. If Perl is actually functioning through the iphone couldn't someone modifiy this script to run from the iphone itself and work as a theme switcher?

We could make a iPhoneBundles directory somewhere on the iphone. SSH some themes over and then have a nice quick theme swapper that works with the standard theme format.

Then maybe someone could make a GUI app for it too.

What does everyone think?
    BluewoodBoarder!

8g iPhone, 2 GHz Core Duo (black) MacBook w/ 2gigs of ram..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Ah good call. I'll check with some dev's... unless someone seeing this has an idea?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

vzv
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timblade View Post
    Great News! I got it working 100% under Windows!!

CDocuments and Settings\Tim\Desktop\ipb>installipb.pl bach
    installipb.pl Version: 0.2.1
    Created By: Tim Blade <[email protected]>

iPhoneInterface: C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneInterface.exe
    Bundles Directory: C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles
    Target Bundle: bach.ipb
    iPhone OS Version: 1.0
    Target Variant: Default
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/Calculator.app - /Applications/Calculator.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/Maps.app - /Applications/Maps.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileCal.app - /Applications/MobileCal.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileMail.app - /Applications/MobileMail.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app - /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileNotes.app - /Applications/MobileNotes.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobilePhone.app - /Applications/MobilePhone.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileSafari.app - /Applications/MobileSafari.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app - /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app - /Applications/MobileSlideShow.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileSMS.app - /Applications/MobileSMS.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/MobileTimer.app - /Applications/MobileTimer.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/Preferences.app - /Applications/Preferences.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/Stocks.app - /Applications/Stocks.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/Weather.app - /Applications/Weather.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/Applications/YouTube.app - /Applications/YouTube.app
    C:/Documents and Settings/Tim/Desktop/ipb/iPhoneBundles/bach.ipb/1.0/Default/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app - /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    sorry, I don't really get how to install a new theme into an iPhone by using the installipb v0.2.1. Anyone can help me with that and show me how it works step by step? Thanks!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

really want to install Apple mirrored, will it replace my default theme? isnt there a chance to install it through customize?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So what ever happened to this thread? I noticed it was running real well, then sorta died down.

I would personally LOVE an uncomplicated standard in which to create my themes. I've gone from Summerboard to Customize (when it was alive...) to Winterboard to now just placing the images directly into the phone, such as the .artwork files.

Kinda glad this thread was awoken from the grave...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good work

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234