Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Background modding options/techniques

Default Background modding options/techniques
    Could someone explain some of the different techniques/options there are when skinning the home screen?

I understand the one full image cutup.

I don't understand having the background image with the icon holes cutout/alpha channels. (couldn't the png's go on top of the bkg)

And what is the demoapp, is this a dummy icon that the bkg is attached to?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I have not found any real descriptions of the different options or the pro's and cons of each.

Thanx guys

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

The current lead option is Loring's .psd template. I believe it is in one of his skin downloads, but we actually need to get it stickied in the downloads as its own download.

Hey Loring, when you see this, can you pop that up there? I don't think I have it...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Kembond (07-27-2007)

Ok, ya. I've seen you guys talk about Lorings template in another thread but I have not been able to find it.

That would be great!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    The current lead option is Loring's .psd template. I believe it is in one of his skin downloads, but we actually need to get it stickied in the downloads as its own download.

Hey Loring, when you see this, can you pop that up there? I don't think I have it...

When i get home from work Ill post my template up. The one Loring posted with his one skin is actually quite wrong, the icons dont line up, there is a black line between row 1 & 2, and there is a space between last row and the dock.

I should have mine posted by the end of the day

6. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

Kembond (07-27-2007)

MirrorminD that rocks, most appreciated.

Look forward to it.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Good good, thanks Mirror.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

what im working on actually is a dummy application which will add another icon to the display order which is used only for background purposes, and will be softed so the icon is the bottom most layer. that would be the "proper way" and possibly when i get into it deeper after the devkit is released i can make an interactive way to browse bg images stored on the device and change it without having to upload a new image every time. but for now my idea seems to work i just have to finish it. if anyone else wants to use this method im using to develope a hack free way of having homescreen bg images go ahead haha. saves me the trouble :P

drunknbass, I like that idea. How do you go about adding the dummy app. <- or is that whole other thread?

If there is anything you can share I would be more that happy to help, see what I can figure out.

subscribing to this thread... i want to know what demoapp too... and i still cant line up my images too...

well im waiting for the new iphoneinterface version and the dev kit to be released so i can edit some parts of springboard app.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to drunknbass For This Useful Post:

Kembond (07-28-2007)

Sounds good, drunknbass. Look forward to see what you come up with.