Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Create Themes??

Exclamation How To Create Themes??
    Hey guys... new here.. juss wanted to make themes for iphone... need to know how?? is there any software for creating except web based... like nokia has carbide.ui theme creator and sony ericsson has Sony Ericsson Theme Creator.. i wud like to know iphone theme creator.. any1 plz tell.. wud appreciate it.. thanks....

Yeah.. you basically just have to use photoshop... and make the icons..
    The link below shows you most dimensions for images on the iPhone/.
    Customize Image Dimensions
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:

rickroben (08-17-2008)

any guide.. to learn making themes for iphone.. i meant the whole procedure ???? i understand the use of photoshop.. but i want a guide on template.. and whr to download the template.. i have only found dock template.. plz.. help. i dont know how to change icons.. but in photoshop i have used a template for creating nokia themes. successfully changed icon with default but dun know wut to do next.. i need a perfect guide.. from start of making theme till the end...any1 wud help????
    Last edited by PaKi619; 10-27-2007 at 05:01 AM.

It would be wonderful if someone could tell us??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Heres what you need to do...

Download a complete theme that has all the elements you want in yours ( there avaliable in this sites download section. ) unrar em and start editing them. Once you have replaced any and all images well then your done load it into your iphone / itouch and your done! =P

Hope this helps a bit!
    Thanks,
    Kukag

1- Read guides. There are some in this forum. Read this one too: Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard

2- Download Complete iphone 3.0 UI theme. So you'll see how images are named and what's their size / location. You can find it on this forum.

3- Download iDesigner. It is a tool to help you creating a basic theme.

4- Search on YouTube for everything you don't know how to do in photoshop. There will be a video tutorial.

5- When you want to know how things are done, see how others did. This way you'll learn how to make everything, including widgets.

5- Use search button to look for your answers, if you can't find it, ask politely and people will help you out.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Late_Nights For This Useful Post:

Dareeude (07-10-2010), LennyTheDub (09-04-2010), mediendoc (11-01-2009), Wobzy (02-11-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm do you mind linking to the Complete iphone 3.0 UI theme I cant find it anywhere I did a search over the full forum and the download section and didn't find anything. Thanks!
    Kukag

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Just open Cydia and search in the complete theme section, download it on your phone, ssh it to your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukag View Post
    Hmm do you mind linking to the Complete iphone 3.0 UI theme I cant find it anywhere I did a search over the full forum and the download section and didn't find anything. Thanks!
    Kukag
    COMPLETE Stock iPhone Theme 3.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would do that but theres one problem..

I don't get my itouch till friday/saturday cause i just bought a brand new 8gb 2g offline. So I wanted to start creating my own theme for it when it gets here. I know how to jailbreak and everything and actually I'm a gfx designer So I know how t ocreate the themes now I just don't have access to the resources, so would you mind uploading it here or on mediafire or somewhere for me please? Err actually better yet for everyone here.

Thanks!
    Kukag

Edit : NVM Thanks a bunch Late_Nights, really appreciate the link, Downloading now, will be sure to post up my theme as soon as possible!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

One thing I have not seen mentioned is this, you will need something to extract Themes/or theme stuff after downloading of them or during the download. You will need something like Winrar and you can get it by going to Google and typing this in (free download of Winrar by Cnet) because they virus check everything on their site. So use that for extracting everything and also you will need something like what I use (WinSCP), which you will use to connect your iPod Touch/iPhone to your computer to transfer anything you make for a Theme. When you plug your iPod touch/iPhone into your computer and login into WinSCP, your computer info. will be on the left of the screen and your iPod info. on the right side. So do as mentioned and download full complete themes and look into all of them and learn how they are named/and what size certain aspects of the themes have to be.

Default Ipod icon in iphone v3.01
    Hi, I try to custom change all 19 original icons from the Applications folder. I was able to changed 18 of them, except Ipod icon, /Applications.xxxxxx/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png is missing! There are others like,

icon-AudioPlayer.png
    icon-MediaPlayer.png
    Icon-Small-AudioPlayer.png
    Icon-Small-MediaPlayer.png
    Icon-Small-VideoPlayer.png
    icon-VideoPlayer.png

I not sure could it be one of the above. Please help. Thank you

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Hayas, what firmware do you have? If you trying to merge the Video/iPod icons, it is easy on all firmwares from 2.2.1-3.0. Using MobileMusicPlayer Flip, works on all of them and you don't have to go to var/stash/nothing to get them! Even if you just Google it (MobileMusicPlayer Flip) for 2.2.1 or 3.0, it will tell you what to do and just download S.O.S iPhone and you will find it in there under Sources in Cydia. I had it working on my 2.2.1 firmware and now on my 3.0, and I use the Delnoch themes that I modded. I may have miss read your post, if so please ignore

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post
    Hayas, what firmware do you have? If you trying to merge the Video/iPod icons, it is easy on all firmwares from 2.2.1-3.0. Using MobileMusicPlayer Flip, works on all of them and you don't have to go to var/stash/nothing to get them! Even if you just Google it (MobileMusicPlayer Flip) for 2.2.1 or 3.0, it will tell you what to do and just download S.O.S iPhone and you will find it in there under Sources in Cydia. I had it working on my 2.2.1 firmware and now on my 3.0, and I use the Delnoch themes that I modded. I may have miss read your post, if so please ignore

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    I really like those 2 pictures, may i ask where you got it from please?

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

When I started theming Hack that Phone - International site featuring Mac modding tutorials. was amazing help...they give easy to follow instructions on everything about theming and it's all in one place....their theming instructions are in order too...so if you do what they say every step but put in your own graphics your theme will be pretty good...they don't go into REAL deep stuff but they mention all the basics and then some....If I was you I would follow it like the Bible.......only ya know not holy.....and much easier to understand........but don't worship it....that would be kinda weird.......ok im done.....
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Hey, love your homescreen(s). How did you replace the icons with text???!!?? Could you please post both your theme(s).

Muchos gracias in advance

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ in case he doesn't respond, there are two ways to change icons to text, the first is to make icons a 60 by 60 image of just transparency, and then use the text that is already on the Springboard, but I prefer the second way which is to hide the springboard words, and make an icon which has the text you want in the font and color you want and in the position you want, and I think this is the method Crow chose as well
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

ive just downloaded idesgner and there are NO tutorials of how to create =/ edit anything but wallpaper, lockscreen and sliders. which i have done. call me lazy but i want to create/import everything using idesigner and not keep creating folders. any help would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast