+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just downloaded iPhoneBrowser 1.4.0.0

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Well Im a novice when it comes to hacking and alternate programs except for installer.app. Anyway, I just got iPhoneBrowser because I saw the amazing themes people on this site
    Thanks

Default Just downloaded iPhoneBrowser 1.4.0.0
    Well Im a novice when it comes to hacking and alternate programs except for installer.app. Anyway, I just got iPhoneBrowser because I saw the amazing themes people on this site have made that havent been posted on installer.app which would make it much easier. Anyway, I have it downloaded. Im guessing I should unzip it, but then what? Where do I copy the the stuff? What do I copy? Thanks

Thanks

You install it onto your computer. It is an application.

Reako

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    You install it onto your computer. It is an application.

Reako
    Ok?

Im aware of that, but how do you put custom themes into it? Where, and what files?

Thanks

What themes are you talking about? If you are referring to Summerboard, all you need to do is search the word Summerboard and read a little. Easy enough?

Reako

P.S. If I were you, I would start in var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes... Just right click, create a new folder (name it the title of the theme), and then drop the contents in there. Place the Wallpaper image (Make sure it is named "Wallpaper"), place the dock image into there (make sure it is named Dock), and then place the Icons folder containing all the icon images into that Directory. You're done. (Make sure the icon image names are named to match the text shown on the homescreen). Just a FYI, other applications need files placed into other directories. Next time do a quick search for Summerboard and the answer will come up. I was feeling generous this time.
    Last edited by Reako; 10-25-2007 at 11:27 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

ajl917 (10-26-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    What themes are you talking about? If you are referring to Summerboard, all you need to do is search the word Summerboard and read a little. Easy enough?

Reako

P.S. If I were you, I would start in var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes... Just right click, create a new folder (name it the title of the theme), and then drop the contents in there. Place the Wallpaper image (Make sure it is named "Wallpaper"), place the dock image into there (make sure it is named Dock), and then place the Icons folder containing all the icon images into that Directory. You're done. (Make sure the icon image names are named to match the text shown on the homescreen). Just a FYI, other applications need files placed into other directories. Next time do a quick search for Summerboard and the answer will come up. I was feeling generous this time.
    Ok Thanks, but what about other themes because I know I downloaded some that werent specific towards summerboard...
    Last edited by ajl917; 10-26-2007 at 04:30 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Check the guide section on this site. It shows where you can put all the icons and stuff for each application.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akim125 View Post
    Check the guide section on this site. It shows where you can put all the icons and stuff for each application.
    Sweet, found it thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm at a loss. I got Iphonebrowser to run on my 1.1.1 jailbroken phone with jailbreakme.com, but the file structure is totally different from ibrickr. I can't find an app directory or any of the others I remeber seeing before. Any ideas of where to insert an apper file I made online? Thanks for any help!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bnlstr View Post
    I'm at a loss. I got Iphonebrowser to run on my 1.1.1 jailbroken phone with jailbreakme.com, but the file structure is totally different from ibrickr. I can't find an app directory or any of the others I remeber seeing before. Any ideas of where to insert an apper file I made online? Thanks for any help!!
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11945