Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Template for icons/labels

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Template for icons/labels
    Ok guys...I spent the better part of two hours creating this. Basically, I wanted to know exactly WHERE the icons showed up and where the labels showed up. I wanted to do this so I could include a transparency so the text labels could show for the icons, as well as allowing better icon placement.

Well, here are the templates. You have one for each of the icons you would replace: MobileTimer, Calculator, MobileNotes, and Preferences. I hope this makes theming easier for you guys.

This was made entirely in the gimp, but it's just regular png images with transparencies. So, you should be able to use it with whatever programs you edit images with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -calculator.png   -mobilenotes.png   -mobiletimer.png   -preferences.png  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tannhaus For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (07-28-2007), Kyle Matthews (07-26-2007)

digitalkid56
    Lemme give u a hint.. there is a CENTER for each icon.. no matter how big u make the icon, it'll center itself over the center point. Original icon size is 60X60, somewhere around 80X80 it'll start covering text..

You can generate any size icons, but the lower row will always overlap the higher row.. although the 60X60 square will launch the app in that location no matter what image is block it, you just won't see a depression when u push it.. I hope that helps u get a better understanding on how it works..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Gaaaahhh so if I change the icon size, it'll change where the text is?

digitalkid56
    No.. text will stay.. in the same spot.. The areas that you mapped out are correct as far as the button activation area, and where text is displayed.. but if you're designing icons.. you don't have to conform to the 60X60

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*whew* ok..thanks

My main concern was the text area...and the general location of the icons. Even though my previous theme worked, I was pretty far off from the locations of the stock icons....but my main concern was the text areas.