+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: where is the spinning wheel located?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
does anybody know what folder the spinning wheel is located? thanks!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone49er's Avatar
    Thanks

Default where is the spinning wheel located?
    does anybody know what folder the spinning wheel is located? thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think its in the other.artwork file
    Trying is the first step to failure

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deck For This Useful Post:

iphone49er (04-17-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea the spinning wheels are in the other.artwork file... but you can just like the apple when the phone boots they don't change... well actually the ones that are in the status bar change but when ever they are changes there seems like there is a lot of static or something in them... well that is just my personal experience... i have been trying to change them for sometime... but maybe with pawnage you can change it eventually

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mknapper1 For This Useful Post:

iphone49er (04-17-2008)

Thanks

I'm on 1.1.4 and using iPhoneBrowser, i've opened up almost every folder, and i cant find a "other" or other.artwork file. is it in a subfolder?

actually i think i just found it under /Applications/maps.app
    Last edited by iphone49er; 04-17-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The Other.artwork file is located in:

System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework

Note: You have to unpack the artwork file to see the hundreds of PNGs located within.

Reako

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

iphone49er (04-17-2008), JuanKi (10-22-2008)

Thanks

oh i see... how can i unpack the file? also, could i just edit the images and re-pack it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Make a folder somewhere on your computer named "artwork". Inside that folder create another folder named "pngs". Download iphoneshop-0.72, should find it here.... Link
    After you download the file place it in your "artwork" folder as well

Ok, now browse to your "System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework" folder on your phone using whatever program you get into the iPhone from your computer. Save the other.artwork file in your artwork folder.

I use a Windows PC, so this is where it may start differing from you if you use Apple.

Click on "start", "Run" and type "cmd". Hit OK. This should bring up the black command prompt screen.

In command prompt type "cd (then the listing where your artwork folder is located)" without the ""
    (For example mine would be cd CUsers\Doomi\Desktop\iPhonestuff\artwork)
    and press enter. The directory listing on Command Prompt should change to your artwork folder.

Now copy and paste the following line into your command prompt screen

java -jar iPhoneShop-0.72.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork export pngs

Your command prompt should now scroll through a bunch of lines, and when it stops you should now have a bunch of .png files in your "pngs" folder.

When you have edited the files to your liking, save them and make sure they are all still located in your pngs file with everything else. Now, back in your command prompt, make sure your still pointing at the artwork file, and copy and paste this in and press enter:

java -jar iPhoneShop-0.72.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork import pngs

Your command prompt should do a lot of scrolling again, and when it is finished you should have a new Other.artwork file located in your "pngs" folder. Replace the same file on your iPhone with this new one and you should be good to go.

If you are on a Mac you might want to take a look at this link as the steps are the same, just the command prompt is different. Mac

Hopefully this works for you.
    Last edited by doomi; 04-17-2008 at 05:08 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doomi For This Useful Post:

demisuisse (04-17-2008), soundisgood (07-31-2008), Wongster360 (07-25-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Doomi,

First of all i am newbie here so excuse me if i write something wrong, i have try and work perfectly for me with my Iphone 1.14 unblock jailbreak with Ilirberty i use Iphone broswer 1.5.2, i already change the file : Other-ver113_2.png going by: var\private\mobile\library\ the name file is LockBackground.jpg i guess is the same ..

my question is how to change the black pattern i found the dock file : SBDockBG2.png in the springboard but i didn't found the black pattern and i would like to make my i phone light i didn't want to install summerboard or other stuff like this ,

Any idea where found this file and how to change it ??

Thank in advance

Yann
    Last edited by demisuisse; 04-17-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@demisuisse

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you wanting to replace the dock at the bottom of your homescreens? I am slightly confused as to what black pattern you are talking about.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@doomi i mean the blackbaground (pattern) , i already change my Dock i don't know how to change the big one back on the icon.

Thank for you're reply

Cheer

Green Apple
    Thanks

So, you are wanting to change the wallpaper on your homescreen?

If that is what you are wanting to do, unfortunately as far as I know right now you need Summerboard installed. I can try to find that file when I get home from work and see if it is accessable without Summerboard.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to doomi For This Useful Post:

demisuisse (04-18-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@doomi, i also read this and try, but i think is also possible to extarct the homescreen from some where, by the way do you know where the slide button are i remenber i have see during my investigation but i forgot where ( iam getting old) )))

Thanks

ok so you mean to tell me that in order to change the spinning wheel icon, you have to change the Other.artwork file? cuz I used to have a glowing apple and now it changed back to spinning wheel so I'm trying to get it back to the glowing apple.

Quote Originally Posted by doomi View Post
    Make a folder somewhere on your computer named "artwork". Inside that folder create another folder named "pngs". Download iphoneshop-0.72, should find it here.... Link
    After you download the file place it in your "artwork" folder as well

Ok, now browse to your "System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework" folder on your phone using whatever program you get into the iPhone from your computer. Save the other.artwork file in your artwork folder.

I use a Windows PC, so this is where it may start differing from you if you use Apple.

Click on "start", "Run" and type "cmd". Hit OK. This should bring up the black command prompt screen.

In command prompt type "cd (then the listing where your artwork folder is located)" without the ""
    (For example mine would be cd C:UsersDoomiDesktopiPhonestuffartwork)
    and press enter. The directory listing on Command Prompt should change to your artwork folder.

Now copy and paste the following line into your command prompt screen

java -jar iPhoneShop-0.72.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork export pngs

Your command prompt should now scroll through a bunch of lines, and when it stops you should now have a bunch of .png files in your "pngs" folder.

When you have edited the files to your liking, save them and make sure they are all still located in your pngs file with everything else. Now, back in your command prompt, make sure your still pointing at the artwork file, and copy and paste this in and press enter:

java -jar iPhoneShop-0.72.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork import pngs

Your command prompt should do a lot of scrolling again, and when it is finished you should have a new Other.artwork file located in your "pngs" folder. Replace the same file on your iPhone with this new one and you should be good to go.

If you are on a Mac you might want to take a look at this link as the steps are the same, just the command prompt is different. Mac

Hopefully this works for you.
    ok i get to step to paste java -jar iPhoneShop-0.72.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork export pngs
    but it says 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    What to do plz?
    Last edited by laz305; 07-25-2008 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wongster360's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like you need to install Java on your machine. You can find the download here