+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to change the battery icons?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Whats up everyone. I have been looking all around and i cant seem to find where the guide is that shows how to change the color of the battery icons.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default how to change the battery icons?
    Whats up everyone. I have been looking all around and i cant seem to find where the guide is that shows how to change the color of the battery icons. If someone could point this out to me i would appreciate it. I was also looking to turn my battery icon from green to blue so if someone could post that, it would be awsome as well.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

2sl0w (09-22-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have been looking also..But i still dont know how to install...Need some help..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can someone provide instructions for windows

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Yeah... All of us did look there and found a thread about how cool these icons are without instructions. =0(
    I want to change the menu bar battery icons. I have Squid installed on my phone, and I've set the permissions of HeadsetBatteryBG_* to Read/Write/Execute, but they still don't show up. What am I missing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default battery bar changing on jailbroken 1.1.3 (PC)
    i used "customize" off of the installer.app. you download the icon set if you haven't already, and you have to use your winSCP login etc to get into the file directory of your iphone.

find your "library" folder under "root" and there should be a "customize" folder (if u installed customize, remember) and there will be a "BatteryImages" folder. there will be a folder inside labeled "Backup" which the original battery bar. dont mess with it if you want to keep it. make a new folder in batteryimages and label it whatever, copy and paste the new battery images into those, and close out of winscp. if u go to ur iphone and into "customize", battery images, etc etc you will find the new battery bar.

main point: use winSCP lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think he means the "header battery icon", you can use customize for that, or winCSP, overwrite "DefaultBattery_charged", "DefaultBattery_Insides", and "DefaultBattery_Charging" ...

There is a blue header battery icon surrounding in MMi, use search!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol whoops...oh well, winSCP the header battery icon then use customize lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Battery Icons
    Quote Originally Posted by phil325 View Post
    i used "customize" off of the installer.app. you download the icon set if you haven't already, and you have to use your winSCP login etc to get into the file directory of your iphone.

find your "library" folder under "root" and there should be a "customize" folder (if u installed customize, remember) and there will be a "BatteryImages" folder. there will be a folder inside labeled "Backup" which the original battery bar. dont mess with it if you want to keep it. make a new folder in batteryimages and label it whatever, copy and paste the new battery images into those, and close out of winscp. if u go to ur iphone and into "customize", battery images, etc etc you will find the new battery bar.

main point: use winSCP lol
    When you download the custom battery Icons and they already have folders to them can you just drag them into the library where the backup is at? If so once I open customize (iphone) and look for the icons, there are as many files in there as the folder (10 battery icons) instead of just one, is that right or did I forget to do something? Notice the default has only one so shouldnt the one I dragged using winscp be the same?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea you just drag the unzipped folder into the same directory as the backup and select it on customize in the iphone. the multiple icons are normal

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do you get the nitrous battery icon on my ipod help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This does not work with the new customize 2.1.1. Also it's possible to do it without customize?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well for the record , On ITouch 4, I took the chance and threw my icon's in after finding through iFunBox search,
    the area //System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/HeadsetBatteryBG_13.png . had it, Backupped the default's there 1st. About 34 .png's and it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zlik View Post
    Well for the record , On ITouch 4, I took the chance and threw my icon's in after finding through iFunBox search,
    the area //System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/HeadsetBatteryBG_13.png . had it, Backupped the default's there 1st. About 34 .png's and it works.
    Anyone able to verify this with the iPhone 4? I tried to do this exact same thing but it didn't work.

Any other tips to get the above to work? I replaced the stock images with replacement images, respringed, and no luck. The old ones are still in place, which makes me think that i didn't replace the correct images, but i've traversed quite a bit of the directory structure and i can't find any other files named HeadsetBatteryBG or anything similar.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Last edited by guptill_78; 03-26-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added link to youtube