View Poll Results: Would you like to see a Windows Mobile interface for the iPhone/iPod Touch?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would love to see a Windows Mobile Interface!!!!!!!

43 34.13%
  • That'd be pretty cool!!!

25 19.84%
  • I'd use it for certain purposes here and there.

6 4.76%
  • I would use it sometimes

7 5.56%
  • I wouldn't use it very often.

17 13.49%
  • I'm content with how Apple has made the iPhone/iPod Touch interface(I'm fine with the default look).

50 39.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows Mobile Look on iPhone?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by mcdj Dumb poll. 99% geared towards people who would want a Windows interface. Where are the "Hell no!" "Are you crazy?" and "Puhleeze" options? Those were the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
    Dumb poll. 99% geared towards people who would want a Windows interface. Where are the "Hell no!" "Are you crazy?" and "Puhleeze" options?
    Those were the options I was looking for! As much as I agree with your analogy of the iPod Touch as being the retarded little cousin to the iPhone WHY would you want a windows interface or theme on an iPhone, why not just buy a smartphone with windows mobile on it.

Unless they came out with something similar to Bootcamp for the iPhone.

I would never ever use it though, IMO
    -Nicole

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Windows mobile is cool, but as we have all said, it doesnt compete with the iphones sexy

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    The only reason it sold so fast was because all the sheep went and bought the phone that is only about 5 years behind all others in basic functions. Congrats on acting like the potential of the iphone is greater, but only because it has five years of things to catch up on. You can only improve if you are behind. I guess most people on here think it's a be all end all phone but it's not. The reason I stayed away from all Apple products is because all community acts like the Mac and Apple are so great. I can't stand overbearing or pompous asswipes that act like their shite doesn't smell. So much Windows bashing goes on they can't even see the drawbacks that Apple products have. My remote control for my TV has a removable battery for Christ sake, why can't a damn thing Apple makes have the same?

BTW, I love my phone. It's the first Apple product I was truly impressed with and really liked. Even so it's way behind the market. Thankfully we have forums like this to make it better! After having this amazing phone, I'll never be able to go back to a regular phone again. I'm spoiled. Though I love it immensely, it has some serious flaws, but I won't gripe about them. I'll just love the little bastard for what it is!
    Greatest post ever. Sooo true! I love my iPhone don't get me wrong, but a MAC cant touch my Alienware, and the iPhone is subpar compared to what my Tilt can do with it's nice custom ROM that I cooked for it. It's just thicker in width, and that's the ONLY reason I take my iPhone out with me at times. MACs are NOT the best, and our iPhones lack basic functions. What moron (eh hm, Steve jobs) thought it was a good idea to NOT include MMS? I know, the blind Apple sheep will say emailing it is better. Really? Uh wrong. It's NOT as easy or better than MMS by any means. I've used tons of different phones, and MMS is basic. Jobs is a moron for even releasing our iPhone without it IMHO! Until the iPhone "catches up" it still is less than a WM phone. I know, everyone has thier opinion. Whatever. I love the custom ROM I have on my Tilt, and my jailbroken iPhone. Since I use both my opinion has a lot of HANDS ON backing. Agree or not, I don't care. Tilt>iPhowned

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The iPhone is a decent weekend toy. It's funny to hear how much better the iPhone is over WM. Yet using wm is a treat compared to the crashing the iphone does. It's the first phone I've had that could use the battery up without doing anything with it. I love how I have the Internet crashing in my pocket. I love how the UI feels incomplete. I love the fact Apple knows what apps I need better than me.
    The only good thing about the iPhone (for me) is screen size & music. The crappy part is having to use iTunes. Just waiting for the Touch HD. Wm on the iPhone would be great. Android would be nice as well. Only if all hardware worked.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    To be-able to use Intelliscreen is the ONLY reason I jailbroke my 3g..... I love it and I'm never going to be without it again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thumbs up to get Windows Mobile on iphone

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Greatest post ever. Sooo true! I love my iPhone don't get me wrong, but a MAC cant touch my Alienware, and the iPhone is subpar compared to what my Tilt can do with it's nice custom ROM that I cooked for it. It's just thicker in width, and that's the ONLY reason I take my iPhone out with me at times. MACs are NOT the best, and our iPhones lack basic functions. What moron (eh hm, Steve jobs) thought it was a good idea to NOT include MMS? I know, the blind Apple sheep will say emailing it is better. Really? Uh wrong. It's NOT as easy or better than MMS by any means. I've used tons of different phones, and MMS is basic. Jobs is a moron for even releasing our iPhone without it IMHO! Until the iPhone "catches up" it still is less than a WM phone. I know, everyone has thier opinion. Whatever. I love the custom ROM I have on my Tilt, and my jailbroken iPhone. Since I use both my opinion has a lot of HANDS ON backing. Agree or not, I don't care. Tilt>iPhowned
    I think it is ironic that you paid out the butt for an Alienware computer when you can get the exact same specs in another model for half the price. They are overpriced and their tech support is the worst in the industry.

The MMS VS Email is a moot point. How exactly is it easier to send a MMS? I have never sent one so please explain. There are 3 steps to send a photo in email. Take the photo,select send in email, send the email.

Thanks

well I would not use this wm GUI! But I agree 2 iPhones & 2 MacBooks later that apple r S**T!!!! Wm is not great but apple take libs

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys I have table in my living room and I want to make it look like a toaster. Anyone done this?

Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak? wanted.dead.or.alive's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

actually it has been done by a 15 year old boy from norway
    check it out
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On9nPh5aE-M]YouTube - Windows Mobile on iPhone (boot camp for iPhone)[/ame]

he says its in beta testing and plans to release in feb (which would be tight as hell)

I would personally like the option to run bootcamp and choose from windows mobile or macosmobile..reason being there are so many more applications on windows mobile phones. I could finally be able to edit word documents, copy and paste, send mms, and watch my slingbox all on this phone with a beautiful display and awesome touch screen interface. And I always have the option to go back and boot up into the standard iphone where i can play awesome games and view my media, browse the web in a more elegant way
    There are pros and cons to both but why not have the option to do anything in the palm of your hands
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

Thanks

It's good to see that I'm not the only iPhone owner who hates Apple for touting their overpriced, "modern" hardware as "sexy". One person posted in another thread that they're 13 years old and saved up ALL OF THEIR MONEY in order to buy a mac, when for the exact same price you can buy a top of the line gaming pc, with specs that would far surpass the mac and would even be able to run OSX on it should you choose your hardware correctly.

All in all it'd be nice to see a Wm interface, not because I'm a windows fanboy, but just because I'd like to see where the theming scene can go, we already have an Android interface and it's not half bad, you don't have to hate on Wm just because you're too busy eating up every word that Steve Jobs spills out of that lying mouth of his.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danvicente View Post
    actually it has been done by a 15 year old boy from norway
    check it out
    YouTube - Windows Mobile on iPhone (boot camp for iPhone)

he says its in beta testing and plans to release in feb (which would be tight as hell)

I would personally like the option to run bootcamp and choose from windows mobile or macosmobile..reason being there are so many more applications on windows mobile phones. I could finally be able to edit word documents, copy and paste, send mms, and watch my slingbox all on this phone with a beautiful display and awesome touch screen interface. And I always have the option to go back and boot up into the standard iphone where i can play awesome games and view my media, browse the web in a more elegant way
    There are pros and cons to both but why not have the option to do anything in the palm of your hands
    that was reported fake

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if ppl really want the windows mobile look go get a windows mobile phone and give your iphone to someone who wants one . . .

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Windows mobile on an iPhone! Thats like buying a MacBookPro and then saying "I'm going to load it with windows XP", or a chevrolet and then making it look like a ford. INSANE! Just buy you a blackberry and be done with it!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks

blackberries have their own os, they dont have windows mobile
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

i'd use it windows kicks serious butt man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingbronw View Post
    if ppl really want the windows mobile look go get a windows mobile phone and give your iphone to someone who wants one . . .
    +1.

Why I got rid of the 8525 in the first place. And it took a lot to give it up. Now I don't remember exactly why I held it in as high regard as I did. Hmmm...

Livin the iPhone Life NeoNightmareX's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jobs View Post
    Thats like asking "how would you feel with a windows interface for mac"

lol goodish idea but ehh no
    I completely agree. A Windows Mobile look on the iPhone is like buying a Mac, then using a Windows OS over Boot Camp the entire time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thers nothing wrong with wanting it on your phone its no different than when someone complains about copy and paste which originates from what Windows Mobile so think about what ur saying ..how many people want winows mobile word document on there iphone......exactly so lay off the people who want wm os on there iphone .....