+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My thoughts on modmyi.com

is a discussion within the

Site Suggestions | Feedback

forums, a part of the

Chit Chat

section;
I'll shock you all right away: Modmyi.com = useless Im speaking mainly on the mentality of 90%+ members on here regarding piracy etc and the way they approach it What
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default My thoughts on modmyi.com
    I'll shock you all right away:

Modmyi.com = useless

Im speaking mainly on the mentality of 90%+ members on here regarding piracy etc and the way they approach it

What i do with my own time is indeed my own business, as is the case with other so called 'piraters', so why should we be judged and subjected to derogatory abuse such as:
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    ********* is the problem. I hope everyone with ********** on their iPhone's have problems.... crash, restore, then more problems......

pay for your apps
    I have been a member of many forums and never have a came across such a useless site as modmyi.com.
    This forum is NOT about helping the jailbreak community with new and innovative tweaks etc, it is purely and simply a means to generate money.
    I see this forum for what it is now...a self righteous, pretentious, judgemental space for people to try and make money...mainly from poorly created themes.
    I submitted a package to the Repo...one that modified vibrations for sms and mail tones...this was rejected, reason: it already exists...at the time NO it did not, 1/2 weeks later....vibrafications was released on the modmyi.com repo...
    Im not throwing accusations about here...just an...observation shall we say.
    I have never been compelled to write such a message on a forum before, but i feel the complete uselessness and audacity of some members on here had to be bought to light.
    It shouldnt be called Modmyi.com, it should be Thememyi.com
    modmyi.com members = -1

Im sure there will be haters telling me to leave and go to ther forums and i would not be in the lease bit surprised if this thread is removed and my account closed...which incidentally would not at all be an issue, i just felt i had to express my feelings towards a site that calls itself a jailbreak/modding community.
    The truth of the reality is that it is more of a theming forum than anything else...which is not the issue, its the way people are treated and judged whenever anything other than the 'straight and narrow' is used, mentioned or even thought of!

My piece is said.

Good day

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

I'm not sure why you quoted me? the user that posted before me had a warez problem. We don't allow any kind of warez help.

Good Day too you

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So why come here and talk about piracy when it is clearly not condoned? There are other forums that cater to this. Piracy is illegal and there is nothing wrong with a forum distancing itself from it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Thanks for the valuable feedback. We strive on constructive criticism and will take your suggestions to heart. Have a pleasant day.

Thanks
    i am not talking about piracy, merely the attitude this forum has towards it.
    No, there is nothing wring with being P.C and distancing from the illigalities of piracy but judge not lest ye be judged first.
    It is the way members judge so called pirates, as bad thieving people...not the case in reality.
    I wonder how many member on this forum have downloaded music/movies/tv shows via torrents etc, i.e. ILLEGALLY and hence STOLE from the artists..

@Broomhead
    I quote you as it was the way in which you would wish for someone to have problems, because of his choice of device usage...incredibly judgmental and frankly childish...and a moderator to....WOW!

Thanks

SB said it best, Thanks. I will work on these personal flaws you've pointed out.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 03-09-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typo-grammar

Thanks
    SB said it best, Thanks. I will work on these personal flaws you've pointed out.
    Case and point

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

MMi is very helpful. There are a lot of people who end up happy because we helped them.

If you don't get what you want, that's when you start saying it's useless. Sorry we can't give you what you want. There is no "attitude" regarding piracy. We are following rules and regulations, so in turn that's informing members that it isn't allowed for discussion. Perhaps you would direct yourself to another forum that will suit your needs, instead of complaining about it on MMi?

I don't like HHGregg because their prices are ridiculous for the brands or the lack thereof, but I don't go in there to tell the staff how their store sucks. I just go to Best Buy and get what I need there. Maybe you'd like to go that direction and find somewhere else that's more suitable to your preferences.

Thanks

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (03-09-2011), rasputin007 (03-09-2011)

Thanks

I think that's a wonderful response you had there Broom.

Thanks

Thank you iAnnie

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Thanks!
    This shows that "unacceptable" help requests can be dealt with in a polite way.
    Now there still is some room for improvement, like pointing to a more specific location where help can be found, that is refused at MMi, rather then the obvious "google for it" advice.
    You and I know that a certain "not-heavenly-full-iphone" site is the place to get such help, but it might be that the "******" filter disallows such mentioning.
    I can understand the need for a certain degree of censorship to comply with US laws, nothing wrong there, but too much censorship severly impacts on freedom. A concept that even Col. Gaddafi has not understood yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,050 Times in 6,933 Posts

We are not allowed to mention the sites where you can go for help with that.

Thanks

Unfortunately, your request for us to direct you with more specific directions rather than saying "Google it" is constituted as condoning piracy, which the entire point is we do not condone it.

I'm sorry this request cannot be met, I'm also sorry that the best we can tell you to do to abide by our rules and regulations of declining help on piracy is to tell you to "Google it." We are respectfully and kindly notifying members from now on that we cannot help with piracy, as members should respectfully and kindly acknowledge this matter and look elsewhere on their own.

I imagine you would not go to the police station and ask them what the best way to steal a car is. I just want to point out this is not censorship, we don't recognize stealing which is illegal in any aspect of life, we just don't discuss it but we are not stopping you from doing it elsewhere. Just not here on our site.

Thanks

Yes, I understand the rules regarding warez and piracy that are set for MMi and other MM forums only too well, as Cody might recall years ago the fallout between M3 and a german forum that had RSD (Motorola software, generally considered warez) in their downloadbase. Fully leagal in Germany to do so, forbidden in US, hence not links allowed to german forum, which upset the german forum ......etc.
    However even links to other forums that do NOT host warez, because they also fall under the same US law as MMi, are blacked out at MMi, that's what I meant with too much censorship.
    I do not suggest that you post links to those sites that host warez and/or deal with piracy, but what is the harm in just a name to use in Google?
    You made MMi's point of view clear regarding warez and piracy, but does mentioning one name to google make you condoning piracy? I don't think so, all it does is give somebody a very big start on their quest to find help. Apart from that it still leaves the impression that MMi is a friendly and helpful place in the person that was looking for help. As it is at the moment that person will not come back, but then MMi might not care at all about the rest of the world, as long as their members are just one big happy family in their own world.

Thanks

Please give me an example of a repo or forum that does not host warez that is ***** out on MMi.

We wont mention even on name for you to Google because 1) yes it is still condoning piracy no matter how little or less and 2) is it that hard to Google "get cracked apps on iPhone" and do some reading? I'm not saying this to condone piracy, I'm saying is it that hard to do a search like that?

Just because you only stole a stick if lipstick from a store and not a digital camera doesn't make it ok to steal it because it isn't worth as much. Just because it is one little thing. That's why i don't agree to tell you what one little word to Google for.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

jaykain (03-09-2011)

Thanks

How is giving the name of the pirate sites not considered condoning Warez? Of course it is.

The simple fact of the matter is that this site has rules, and we must abide and in our case, enforce them.

No warez
    No links to warez
    Period

I'm not even sure we should tell them to google for it. A simple we dont allow warez should suffice. This is a community built around supporting the developers of iPhone apps, jailbroken or otherwise. If we host paid apps in cydia on the MMi repo and then go on our forums and tell people the names of the sites they can go to get them for free that would kind of cause a problem now wouldn't it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    .... If we host paid apps in cydia on the MMi repo and then go on our forums and tell people the names of the sites they can go to get them for free that would kind of cause a problem now wouldn't it.
    True, you got a point there I did not thought off.
    OK, I accept that.

@i.Annie
    [ame="http://www.mmus.us/forum/showthread.php?p=142377#post142377"]This[/ame] is the link I posted in the "My personal feedback" thread, just blow this one here. Normally it should point to w-w-w.mmus.us/forum/showthread.php?p=142377#post142377, but properly does not, also the addmisson of the MMUS repo was "lost?", twice, and even a PM to Cody never resulted in a reply.
    Please feel free to browse MMUS and the repo and tell me if you found anything that is against MMi rules.

Thanks

I can't say anything against that, but that isn't justifying anything for helping with piracy. There are plenty of repos or url's we allow here that aren't **** out bc they are ok.

www.podzombie.com/repo
    cydia.pushfix.info
    repo.benm.at

Just to name a couple.

Dont know why Mobile Modding.us is blocked out, and that's something we can address for you, there might be another underlying issue, I don't know, but helping in any form of piracy is not ok here. Your main point really was our attitude towards it and I can say sometimes we get frustrated bc it pops up all the time. But we follow our rules here. We can certainly work on our attitudes, but that doesn't mean we have to point anybody in any direction to finding and using warez.

Edit: just clicked on the MMUS link and it worked. So don't know what's up with that?

[ame=http://www.mmus.us/forum/showthread.php?p=142377#post142377]Time & Date javascript - Mobile Modding.us[/ame]

That specific link, don't think that's a piracy filter. It's not directing correctly but that also happens to some threads even here on MMi for me.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 03-09-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That is odd that that site gets starred out. I do know Cody very rarely checks his PMs so that isn't the best way to get ahold of him.