+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My thoughts on modmyi.com

is a discussion within the

Site Suggestions | Feedback

forums, a part of the

Chit Chat

section;
If new/all members would read the rules that have been set up by the site owners and their lawyers, we wouldn't have to answer these types of questions. MMi does
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

If new/all members would read the rules that have been set up by the site owners and their lawyers, we wouldn't have to answer these types of questions.
    MMi does not support warez, cracked apps or custom (not Apple) firmware. Bottom line.
    There are plenty of sites I have heard that do, we don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    That is odd that that site gets starred out. I do know Cody very rarely checks his PMs so that isn't the best way to get ahold of him.
    I just tested and it isn't getting starred out. If you click the link I wrote, it's for that site and it directs just fine. The one he is linking is a specific thread link. Don't know why it is getting redirected to MMi forums page, but it isn't started out for the main page.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    If new/all members would read the rules that have been set up by the site owners and their lawyers, we wouldn't have to answer these types of questions.
    MMi does not support warez, cracked apps or custom (not Apple) firmware. Bottom line.
    Yes, we established that, but hardly anyone takes the time to read forum rules.

As x98car pointed out, MMi host paid apps and then pointing help seeking people to sites that deal with cracked apps is counterproductive. My fault as I did not considered the fact about paid apps as I started to complain about the lack of help. Sorry!

Linking to MMUS home page works, but if I wanted a particular thread to support my argument, it would not work, which I assumed has been blocked, based on experience with M3 in the past.

Usually I contact Kyle as I know him better then Cody, but thought that Kyle would be quite busy setting up and running his charity, so I thought as Cody is also Admin and I know him from older times at M3, he could help me. That's why I send him a PM.

btw It is nice to see that you spend time to solve problems.

Thanks

If it's a very large issue that the link isn't directing, would you like us to notify Kyle or Cody and see what could be done?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

I think that link issue is a bug with the site. It isn't just that one that I have seen that happen where it links back to the forum main page here. One of the moderators brought this up with a different site in staff section and Cody did see it I believe.

Thanks

Yes, you make a good point. I too occasionally run into this but not often.

Thanks

Now that issue is raised and known, it is upto MMi to find that bug.
    I am sure Kyle and/or Cody will find out about this at one point.

EDIT:
    Regarding the MMUS repo. There is no rush, there are only about 10 themes or so and most of those are at Maximus iPhoneModding repo anyway.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 03-09-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks

Dear valued member: I am sorry that you feel this way towards MMi. We here at MMi try to create a balance of information to cater everyones needs being that they follow forum rules. I understand your frustration towards the rejection of your theme. But to actually justify that piracy is ok to talk about is cleary your mistake. Imagine your theme being pirated. You will definitely then feel that our forum would be the ideal place to be the home of future projects due to our strict rules on piracy. Once again, sorry that you feel that way an I hope theirs something I can do to change your opinion be it follows forum rules and guidelines. Enjoy your stay here at MMi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

The link back to a VBulletin forum causes a redirect to default MMi forum. Think it may be an issue with linking to VB forums. I brought it up in staff last week when posting something I saw on another VB forum. If you edit the post the link says everything and has the correct URL but to everyone else it is an Internal linkback. So the owners are aware because he saw it in staff.

Now the users just not reading the User agreement when signing up then getting mad when we close something is not our fault. That is why it is always good to read anything that you must sign or agree to along the way. Many times there are hidden clauses, even in Apple's iTunes agreements.

Thanks

Thanks Cer0, that helps me understand the problem with the links to certain forums.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Only in America would a public forum employ lawyers...fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Dear valued member: I am sorry that you feel this way towards MMi. We here at MMi try to create a balance of information to cater everyones needs being that they follow forum rules. I understand your frustration towards the rejection of your theme. But to actually justify that piracy is ok to talk about is cleary your mistake. Imagine your theme being pirated. You will definitely then feel that our forum would be the ideal place to be the home of future projects due to our strict rules on piracy. Once again, sorry that you feel that way an I hope theirs something I can do to change your opinion be it follows forum rules and guidelines. Enjoy your stay here at MMi
    LoL - the difference is mate, i would not charge for themes or mods or tweaks as i believe the jailbreak community is about sharing and improving our devices, as do most other forums and communities, not making money from half arsed attempts at 'themes' and the plagarism of others ideas!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

If you know the history of MMi then you would know why the owners have lawyers for the site. Main points were name changes due to Apple putting force on the website name, twice.

Thanks
    this place makes me laugh, way to serious.
    Ive never been part of a forum where i have to consciously think about what i type, for fear of offending someone or being accused of all kinds of atrocities!!
    Some people on this forum seriously need to relax!
    Not worth it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valiceemo View Post
    this place makes me laugh, way to serious.
    Ive never been part of a forum where i have to consciously think about what i type, for fear of offending someone or being accused of all kinds of atrocities!!
    Some people on this forum seriously need to relax!
    Not worth it
    Actually I could think of many forums where they are just as strict. Sony forums, engadget, Psx-scene just to name a few. Yes they community has changed and commercialized since but it's an inevitable process. While you might give tweaks and theme for free, other people want to charge for their creativity. I'm definitely sure you have done something for a fee in your life. So to be a hypocrite and say I do things free is clearly an understatement. U give services for a fee...u have a job , same thing...some people make it their job to and charge u for irealsms.
    And while our thousands of members enjoy it here an think it worth it, your entitled to your opinion and also entitled to leave if u desire. No one here is forcing you to stay. It's a waste of your time if you feel this place is useless and still post.
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-10-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks
    Actually I could think of many forums where they are just as strict. Sony forums, engadget, Psx-scene just to name a few. Yes they community has changed and commercialized since but it's an inevitable process. While you might give tweaks and theme for free, other people want to charge for their creativity. I'm definitely sure you have done something for a fee in your life. So to be a hypocrite and say I do things free is clearly an understatement. U give services for a fee...u have a job , same thing...some people make it their job to and charge u for irealsms.
    And while our thousands of members enjoy it here an think it worth it, your entitled to your opinion and also entitled to leave if u desire. No one here is forcing you to stay. It's a waste of your time if you feel this place is useless and still post.
    LOL, yep OK.
    you make no sense mi amigo.
    there is a HUGE difference between providing a service, i.e. my job for which i get paid, and helping others.
    Perhaps that is the difference in cultures, certain people are out to make money in anyway they can, others are not.
    I have no issues with developers charging money for apps, and of course it is a business, but the prices some people charge...is there any wonder that they get 'pirated'?
    I fully understand the time, effort and energy that goes into developing apps, but for people to slap a $5 price tag on themes and tweaks etc just because they can, and then release shoddy work is, in my opinion what is destryoying the jailbreaking world, it should (and i believe) used to be abouit improving the idevices, but now it is about $ $ $ and leans towards themes, most of which are pretty poor and do nothing more than slow the devoce down (and i speak from experience) (and yes i know there are some great themes out there too)
    Perhaps i am just old fashioned, and dont wanna waste time and money on making my already great look device look "cool" or "different" and have to pay for the privelidge?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    In today's society it's all about me me me and not taking responsibility for ones actions. So I think it's important to point out that Broom has taken responsibility for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    SB said it best, Thanks. I will work on these personal flaws you've pointed out.
    And he is doing something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    We all make mistakes and no one is perfect. Broom, As a member of Modmyi I just want to say, "thank you" for stepping up.

Thanks

Regarding money, there are some apps and themes that are worth the money as a lot of work and thought has gone into those, but there are also a lot of crap apps and themes which are not even worth the time to install them. But how do you know if the app or theme is worth the money?
    Buy it, check it out and get a refund if you don't like it, hardly!
    Install a cracked version, check it out, you like it, buy it or as it becomes more common now install a trail version, check it out, you like it buy it, you don't like it, uninstall it.
    Regarding money and MMi, I have to say it could be much worth. Sure server cost etc needs to be paid, hence ads on forum, but membership is free, unlike some forums where you have to subscribe/donate to have a pop-up-ad free screen or buy a rang to be able to get a higher download quota etc. You do not have this at MMi.
    I personally see whatever I create as OpenSource, free for everyone to use, distribute and modify, simply because it is a hobby I enjoy. Apart from that I always have been a sloppy skinner/themer, just have not got the graphical talent, but skin/theme development is my stronger side. I always hope that somebody might pick up on the idea of my work and improves it to create something much better. But that's just me, other people have a different attitude to their work. Thankfully we are all different in taste, attitude and opinions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinker07 View Post
    In today's society it's all about me me me and not taking responsibility for ones actions. So I think it's important to point out that Broom has taken responsibility for his actions.

And he is doing something about it
    You dont see his response as sarcastic and derogatory?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Regarding money, there are some apps and themes that are worth the money as a lot of work and thought has gone into those, but there are also a lot of crap apps and themes which are not even worth the time to install them. But how do you know if the app or theme is worth the money?
    Buy it, check it out and get a refund if you don't like it, hardly!
    Install a cracked version, check it out, you like it, buy it or as it becomes more common now install a trail version, check it out, you like it buy it, you don't like it, uninstall it.
    Regarding money and MMi, I have to say it could be much worth. Sure server cost etc needs to be paid, hence ads on forum, but membership is free, unlike some forums where you have to subscribe/donate to have a pop-up-ad free screen or buy a rang to be able to get a higher download quota etc. You do not have this at MMi.
    I personally see whatever I create as OpenSource, free for everyone to use, distribute and modify, simply because it is a hobby I enjoy. Apart from that I always have been a sloppy skinner/themer, just have not got the graphical talent, but skin/theme development is my stronger side. I always hope that somebody might pick up on the idea of my work and improves it to create something much better. But that's just me, other people have a different attitude to their work. Thankfully we are all different in taste, attitude and opinions.
    Agreed, there are themes/apps/tweaks worth the money, buty as you say if you pay for it and it is a crap one theres more chance of Angelina Jolie walking into my bedroom naked than getting a refund!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valiceemo View Post
    LOL, yep OK.
    you make no sense mi amigo.
    there is a HUGE difference between providing a service, i.e. my job for which i get paid, and helping others.
    Perhaps that is the difference in cultures, certain people are out to make money in anyway they can, others are not.
    I have no issues with developers charging money for apps, and of course it is a business, but the prices some people charge...is there any wonder that they get 'pirated'?
    I fully understand the time, effort and energy that goes into developing apps, but for people to slap a $5 price tag on themes and tweaks etc just because they can, and then release shoddy work is, in my opinion what is destryoying the jailbreaking world, it should (and i believe) used to be abouit improving the idevices, but now it is about $ $ $ and leans towards themes, most of which are pretty poor and do nothing more than slow the devoce down (and i speak from experience) (and yes i know there are some great themes out there too)
    Perhaps i am just old fashioned, and dont wanna waste time and money on making my already great look device look "cool" or "different" and have to pay for the privelidge?
    My point is actually clear. Who are you to determine what someone should charge for their work? I would like my escalade to be cheaper but I can't... I wanted MyWi to be cheaper but I can't. So I have to live with it. Now there is plenty of free apps on Cydia and themes. We promote all. So what really is your point? You want everything free ? You want all tweaks/themes/mods to be free just because u have them free as well and are furious because your app got rejected and now this is ur form of retaliation? To bad mouth MMi ? Come on seriously...you should just move on and be happy. I been in this since the beginning of iPhone modding and I see nothing wrong with the system other then apple not allowing it. The scene has evolved and will continue to evolve despite your views

Thanks
    My point is actually clear. Who are you to determine what someone should charge for their work? I would like my escalade to be cheaper but I can't... I wanted MyWi to be cheaper but I can't. So I have to live with it. Now there is plenty of free apps on Cydia and themes. We promote all. So what really is your point? You want everything free ? You want all tweaks/themes/mods to be free just because u have them free as well and are furious because your app got rejected and now this is ur form of retaliation? To bad mouth MMi ? Come on seriously...you should just move on and be happy. I been in this since the beginning of iPhone modding and I see nothing wrong with the system other then apple not allowing it. The scene has evolved and will continue to evolve despite your views
    of course i dont want everything for free, thats a very foolish thing to suggest!
    I just do not understand what 'forces' developers to charge so much for apps!? What overheads are there when you are sat at a PC?
    If its a full time income, then i can accept a reasonable charge, but $20, $15, is too much.
    Im in no way retalliating at all, just making a point, which is very valid, as has already been said, everyone is entitled to their opinions, BUT so long as they are within the petty rules of this site!
    But it is odd, that my tweak (free of course) was rejected and a matter of days later the exact same tweak is released for a cost?!?

The scene has evolved and will continue to evolve despite your views
    im not trying to change the mentalility of the scene, just expressing my opinion, which i thought i was entitled to....so long as it fits inline with the site and everyone elses

Anyway the mentality of this site bores me know, so if admin are reading this please feel free to close this thread and delete my account.

Thanks you all for a very useless few months at followourrules.c....i mean modmyi.com......