+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia sucks compared to ROCK..

is a discussion within the

Rock Your Phone Support

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Am i the only one that thinks cydia is garbage compared to Rock? Rock was so much faster, you didnt have to "reload data", I could queue multiple downloads and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Cydia sucks compared to ROCK..
    Am i the only one that thinks cydia is garbage compared to Rock? Rock was so much faster, you didnt have to "reload data", I could queue multiple downloads and not have to worry about crashing, and it was much simpler to use.. AND one of the best features was that while a file was downloading, I could still browse other packages and if I had to respring or reboot.. I could choose do to so after I was finished browsing.

Thats just my 2 cents. but lately cydia has been so buggy and Im beginning to get really frustrated almost to the point where I dislike my phone being jailbroken.

Also, does anyone know why Rock went away? When I read the thing on cydia's homepage, they made it seem like Rock was so imperfect but they only focused on saying how bad Rock was.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, you are not. I am so disappointed with Cydia. They never transferred my Rock purchases over and do not reply to emails for help with this. If they could not support the customers they acquired, they never should have acquired them.

I see this as fraud. They took my money and I cannot update any of my apps purchased through Rock.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBO SLICE View Post
    Am i the only one that thinks cydia is garbage compared to Rock? Rock was so much faster, you didnt have to "reload data", I could queue multiple downloads and not have to worry about crashing, and it was much simpler to use.. AND one of the best features was that while a file was downloading, I could still browse other packages and if I had to respring or reboot.. I could choose do to so after I was finished browsing.

Thats just my 2 cents. but lately cydia has been so buggy and Im beginning to get really frustrated almost to the point where I dislike my phone being jailbroken.

Also, does anyone know why Rock went away? When I read the thing on cydia's homepage, they made it seem like Rock was so imperfect but they only focused on saying how bad Rock was.
    Rock was only faster because it was coded and executed code in a very unstable and dangerous way. There is a massive thread on this site about this exact same topic. It is 32 pages of Jay Freeman/ Saurik the creator of cydia answering any and all questions for about three days.

Here is the thread, it very informative.
    Cydia Acquires Rock.app

Rock was acquired and absorbed by cydia as a finical acquisition. From what we were told rocks infrastructure was in dire need of help, and the owner no longer wanted to deal with it so he sold. Some of Rocks code and features are being added to cydia slowly, it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by rustytrawler View Post
    No, you are not. I am so disappointed with Cydia. They never transferred my Rock purchases over and do not reply to emails for help with this. If they could not support the customers they acquired, they never should have acquired them.

I see this as fraud. They took my money and I cannot update any of my apps purchased through Rock.
    You will also benefit from reading this thread it explains how and if you can transfer licenses for an app. the most common reason you can't, is due to the dev that made the app being unreachable to help confirm the process, if I am recalling the thread correctly
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thing is, I've looked at that thread before. Fastsnap is one of the products I can't upgrade and in that thread, he says it is not available at all in Cydia.

It is available, and Cydia wants me to pay for it again, but every time I try to link my account it says, "That Rock ID is already associated with a Cydia account." What account is unclear. \

Then it says that I should contact saurki at his email address if I have problems. I have written four emails, and received no reply.

It's ********. Besides, I already paid for it so I shouldn't have to wade through 32 pages of web forum posting to try to figure out how to get my license to transfer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rustytrawler View Post
    Thing is, I've looked at that thread before. Fastsnap is one of the products I can't upgrade and in that thread, he says it is not available at all in Cydia.

It is available, and Cydia wants me to pay for it again, but every time I try to link my account it says, "That Rock ID is already associated with a Cydia account." What account is unclear. \

Then it says that I should contact saurki at his email address if I have problems. I have written four emails, and received no reply.

It's ********. Besides, I already paid for it so I shouldn't have to wade through 32 pages of web forum posting to try to figure out how to get my license to transfer.

Edit
    Last edited by Broomhead; 06-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

So many thing wrong with your post.