Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Serious issue after Rock update?

Default Serious issue after Rock update?
    Hi today I installed an update for the Rock app and my 3.1.2 blackrain'd 3GS couldn't sync with iTunes, maybe as a result of this. When I replugged the phone it wasn't verified by iTunes anymore, offering me to either restore from backup or restore as new.

I did neither but instead rebooted the phone a couple of times after which it won't turn on now.

Looks like a serious iBrick- apple logo will appear for a few seconds and then the phone will turn off.

Anyone know what's going on? I see this guy has a similar issue so maybe it's really something related to the Rock update?

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipod-touch-...isappears.html

Quote Originally Posted by globalist View Post
    Hi today I installed an update for the Rock app and my 3.1.2 blackrain'd 3GS couldn't sync with iTunes, maybe as a result of this. When I replugged the phone it wasn't verified by iTunes anymore, offering me to either restore from backup or restore as new.

I did neither but instead rebooted the phone a couple of times after which it won't turn on now.

Looks like a serious iBrick- apple logo will appear for a few seconds and then the phone will turn off.

Anyone know what's going on? I see this guy has a similar issue so maybe it's really something related to the Rock update?

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipod-touch-...isappears.html
    Same exact thing happened to me today. I have a 3G and logged into Rock today. I saw that 7 updates were waiting, so I chose to update all. I looked at the phone after a couple of minutes, and the screen was blank. Actually, the iPhone had shut itself off. If I hold the power button down for a few seconds, the apple logo will appear, then disappear after a few seconds as the iPhone shuts down! Majorly pissed about this!
    Last edited by ferrell; 05-05-2010 at 01:24 PM.

LOL, I think Rock is in for some trouble. I already DFU-restored, nothing else to do I figured.

Exact same thing happened to me..I have an iPod Touch 2G and I updated the Rock stuff this morning (was 7 or so updates) and I did get few errors while updating.
    It seemed fine when I used it thereafter...Couple of hours later I try to switch it on and it won't turn on..Does not even charge up!!!!!

ANNOYING!!

**PS I cannot even perform a DFU restore ** My Ipod just dies on me
    Last edited by jointchief; 05-05-2010 at 01:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same thing happened to me and a friend. I have an iPhone 2G 16GB 3.1.2 Jailbroke on blackra1n and he has a iPod Touch 2G 8GB 3.1.2Jailbroke on blackra1n. And it was after the rock update. Its gotta be rock.

Wow, i just posted a topic about this same thing, reeaaaallly bad timing for sauriks server to be down
    i can get my phone in dfu mode, but i hate the fact that i will have to upgrade to 3.1.3

This just happen to me and i just created a new thread about it, so i guess there is no way to fix it at this point?

doesnt look like it, without a DFU mode restore... this needs to get on the front page of modMyI, this is serious. EVERYONE with rock is gonna get bricked! since sauriks is down, we will all be forced to go either iphoneless til he comes back and we can downgrade, or upgrade to 3.1.3 and be screwed about unlocks.

UPDATE: i am currently restoring to 3.1.2 using sauriks server, i guess its live now? regardless, watch out for rock. -.-
    Last edited by j-stormy; 05-06-2010 at 01:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had the exact same issue!

Had to DFU restore...pointed it to the 3.1.2 firmware so I'm all good now.

I believe Rock has released an update since this happened though?

The folks at Rock support have been very helpful, and they mentioned this:
    The 6 updates (or most of them) were part of an update to Cydia and some associated utilities. These updates were not made by us and were posted in a community repo. One of the updates removed some files it shouldn't have and you experienced the result. Once we discovered the issue we have blocked the update to protect all Rock users. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are also working with the maker of the update so we can prevent future issues.

There was an update to Rock.app itself in the last couple days but I assure you that was not the cause of your issue.
    It sounds as if they're saying someone else pooched an update, and Rock was just the unwitting delivery tool for the bad update.

Ouch...This bit me too. Currently restoring...3.1.2 - Backup.... "Sync in Progress".

i just posted about the same thing...THIS SUCKS!!!

Any way to get my pictures off of my phone? I have a 4 month old daughter and all the videos will be gone if I restore... Any ideas??

If it weren't for those pictures/videos I wouldn't really care too much. Just an inconvenience.

There has to be a way to 'copy' those files that were removed back onto the phone, right?? Isn't that how they JB the phones in the first place? Editing or adding something to it???

I'm really stressed about losing those pictures....
    Last edited by devonian69; 05-06-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by devonian69 View Post
    Any way to get my pictures off of my phone? I have a 4 month old daughter and all the videos will be gone if I restore... Any ideas??

If it weren't for those pictures/videos I wouldn't really care too much. Just an inconvenience.

There has to be a way to 'copy' those files that were removed back onto the phone, right?? Isn't that how they JB the phones in the first place? Editing or adding something to it???

I'm really stressed about losing those pictures....
    I was in the same boat, pictures of my little daughter and all... turns out iTunes backs up the Camera Roll photos too so they will come back during the restore (don't restore as new!). Hopefully you've synced recently, or at least not months ago.

Unfortunately its been over two months...

I managed to get into iRecovery while in Recovery Mode. I guess I can upload a file to the phone (can't see how to DOWNLOAD files though). What files were removed from the iPhone and where do they need to go on the iPhone? If I can copy those files back to the phone, MAYBE I can get it to boot up enough to get my pictures off??

Please let me know if anyone has tried this yet.

Thank you

Any updates on recovering your files? Im in the same situation.

I'm also in the same situation. Couldn't get iRecovery to see my phone though.

Quote Originally Posted by pgergen View Post
    I believe Rock has released an update since this happened though?
    Not sure...

I restored after it initially happened and early this morning it happened again!

Restored again... Going to install Rock App and see what I can figure out...

I had exactly the same problem. Updated all items in Rock and now phone just shows pineapple logo and then disappears. No charge, nothing.

Could someone help me to restore it please? It was an unlocked 3G jailbroken with OS 3.1.2 & baseband 04.26.08 and I dont want that pineapple logo anymore.

Thanks

im having bother too. 1G iPod touch and it wont boot into recovery. I get the boot screen for 3 seconds or so. not good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast