Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Serious issue after Rock update?

Quote Originally Posted by Daku007 View Post
    I had exactly the same problem. Updated all items in Rock and now phone just shows pineapple logo and then disappears. No charge, nothing.

Could someone help me to restore it please? It was an unlocked 3G jailbroken with OS 3.1.2 & baseband 04.26.08 and I dont want that pineapple logo anymore.

Thanks
    Leave your device unplugged, load iTunes. Hold down your HOME button while plugging in the USB cable. Keep the button down until the device powers up and it should switch to recovery mode. You may have to try it a few times before it takes.

Don't worry about the pineapple - you'll need to restore the device so it will replace everything back to stock. I hope you have a backup in iTunes!

For everyone out there who lost data in the whole Rock debacle:

I'm not sure if Rock is doing anything to help those of us who have data stuck on our new bricks, but it sure as hell looks like they aren't so it might be worth giving after-restore data recovery a shot...

The thread at HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery has more information (look for army113's guide on the 7th page), and looks promising... I haven't tried it yet myself and it looks like a bit of a hassle to set up, but at least it's better than writing all that data off for good.

People have reported success with data recovery up to weeks after the restore, so even if it's already been some time since you did your restore it might still be worth a try.

Best of luck to everyone who got boned in this giant mess - hope you manage to recover at least some of your data!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12