+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rock Extensions - Possible Conflict (CydgetLoader.dylib)

is a discussion within the

Rock Your Phone Support

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I recently installed Cydget on my Jailbroken iPhone so that I could try out the new Cydget plugin called "Front Contacts". Unfortunately, I am now getting this error message on
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Rock Extensions - Possible Conflict (CydgetLoader.dylib)
    I recently installed Cydget on my Jailbroken iPhone so that I could try out the new Cydget plugin called "Front Contacts". Unfortunately, I am now getting this error message on my phone:

The full error message states the following:

"Possible Conflict"

"Rock Your Phone detected an issue - likely with CydgetLoader.dylib [/Library/MobileSubstrate/Dynamic Libraries/CydgetLoader.dylib] calling. If you are experiencing a persistent error - please try disabling each Rock Extension under Settings -> Rock Extension. If the issue is resolved, please contact the developer of the extension.

It then gives me two options to choose from:

1) Restart and Submit Bug
    2) Disable Rock Extensions
    If I choose Restart and Submit bug, my phone simply resprings, then brings me right back to the same error message... If I choose Disable Rock Extensions, my phone allows me at least get past the lock screen, but when I next respring, I get the same error message.

In an attempt to troubleshoot, I launched Cydia and uninstalled Cydget & "Front Contacts", then I rebooted... This didn't resolve the problem, as I am still getting the same error message...

I've used iFile to browse for the /Library/MobileSubstrate/Dynamic Libraries/CydgetLoader.dylib file mentioned in the error message but since I uninstalled Cydget and Front Contacts, the "CydgetLoader.dylib" is no longer in that directory???

I am at a loss of what to do here, and I would really appreciate any help that anyone could give me to help resolve this issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

----------------------

For reference purposes, here are some of the jailbroken apps I have installed:

Also installed are Intelliscreen (though it is disabled), SBSettings, & Backgrounder

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No Joy
    I wish someone could post some kind of solution coz i got the same problem on with the mobilesafety.lib. even tried emailing RYP but they havent got back to me. seems like there is no solution

Green Apple
    Thanks

I figured out how to resolve this issue on my end, so hopefully the same will help you.

If you have SBSettings installed, swipe your status bar so that the SBSettings are revealed, then click "More". Then go to the "MobileSubstrate Additions" and disable everything, then respring.

Then, one by one, re-enable each MobileSubstrate Addition you just disabled and respring after re-enabling each one, and see if one particular one was the one causing you issues.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to m021478 For This Useful Post:

davidhalter (03-28-2010)

Thanks

i am having the same problem but slightly different, if i click "disable rock extensions" it just re opens the messgae, anyone know a fix p.s. instead of saying the error is in /Library/MobileSubstrate/Dynamic Libraries/CydgetLoader.dylib it says it is in /Library/MobileSubstrate/MobileSafety.dylib
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Default MobileSafety.dylib causing crash
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsongeorge View Post
    i am having the same problem but slightly different, if i click "disable rock extensions" it just re opens the messgae, anyone know a fix p.s. instead of saying the error is in /Library/MobileSubstrate/Dynamic Libraries/CydgetLoader.dylib it says it is in /Library/MobileSubstrate/MobileSafety.dylib
    I am also having this problem, with MobileSafety.dylib as the suspected culprit. I can't for the life of me figure out what I might have recently installed that is triggering this, but I thought the phone was bricked at one point - it went into an endless loop of rebooting, stuck on the Apple logo. Took a lot of research, effort, and trial and error to get it into DFU mode and do a restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cushcalc View Post
    I am also having this problem, with MobileSafety.dylib as the suspected culprit. I can't for the life of me figure out what I might have recently installed that is triggering this, but I thought the phone was bricked at one point - it went into an endless loop of rebooting, stuck on the Apple logo. Took a lot of research, effort, and trial and error to get it into DFU mode and do a restore.
    I had a similar problem just now. I had uninstalled Rock Extensions and MyWi and all of a sudden my phone booted and would be in an endless cycle. This is the third time I've restored my iPhone 3GS and its so annoying! ._." One more restore and Ima go homicidal >_> lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im having these crashes as well after a recent RockApp update. Extremely annoying. Considering RockApp wiped out my phone a few weeks ago with their botched update, this is really starting to piss me off.