Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Updated mobilesubstrateis a discussion within the
Rock Your Phone Supportforums, a part of the
Rock Your Phone Discussionsection;
Now my phone is completely screwed. It will go to the apple logo on boot, then shuts off, thats all it will do, tried it several times. Can't even restore....
11-11-2009, 12:44 AM #1Updated mobilesubstrate
Now my phone is completely screwed. It will go to the apple logo on boot, then shuts off, thats all it will do, tried it several times. Can't even restore. Hopefully I have no problems with a replacement from apple. My thoughts, watch out for the rock installer.
Finally decide to jailbreak and less than a week later... I think I'll stay with apple software.
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM #2
You should email saurik about mobilesubstrate issues. We are the installer - not the developer.Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!
11-12-2009, 07:32 PM #3Mobilesubstrate
I was also affected by this. I was completely unable to get my iPhone to turn back on. I ended up restoring the phone, resyncing my contacts, then restoring my apps through Rock as follows:
- Load up iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via the charge USB cable
- Hold down both the home button and the lock button FOR ABOUT 20 SECONDS. The Apple logo will flash on, then off again in about 5 seconds. DO NOT LET GO of the two buttons. The Apple logo will reappear in about 10 more seconds. DO NOT LET GO of the two buttons. In about 20 total seconds, the iTunes logo, an up arrow, and a USB cable will all appear. NOW you will be in 'recovery mode.'
- iTunes should prompt you to recover your iPhone. Click Restore.
- The restore process takes about 5-10 minutes. After it completes, immediately restore your settings from the latest backup created by iTunes. This is what restores your contacts, settings, and accounts. It will NOT reinstall most apps.
- Update your phone completely through iTunes to 3.1.2 and get the MMS update, as well.
- Download Blackra1n. Google it if you don't have it on your PC already.
- Re-jailbreak your device.
- Donate to the developer as a thank-you. HE SAVES YOU LOTS OF MONEY!
- Click the blackra1n icon that will appear somewhere on your iPhone. Let it reinstall Rock Your Phone, Cydia (if you want), and the blackra1n update.
- Run Rock to let it finish installing. It will restart your phone.
- Run Cydia (if you chose it, as well) to let it finish installing. It will restart your phone.
- Run Rock again. Tap the Manage button on the bottom-right, then tap Settings. Scroll down near the bottom, and tap "Restore from Backup." I'd recommend picking your second-to-last backup to avoid any potential problems. Let it restore, and all of your Rock apps, themes, ringtones, etc. will be reinstalled. This will likely require a restart.
After that, you're back were you were before. EXCEPT, of course, any illegally downloaded apps if you use ********** or something like that. Those you will have to re-download on your own.
But, hey, at least your phone works again! And you have your contacts...thank god for that.
Hope this helped. I went through it all myself today, and I was freaking out until I figured out how to do this. Credits go to Glenn from the Rock Your Phone app for the advice to restore through Rock and myself for everything else, I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrummerZ64 For This Useful Post:
11-12-2009, 07:53 PM #4
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM #5
I have Rock, Intelliscreen and MyWi installed and updated mobile substrate, Rock, Categories and all went smoothly, no issues.
11-12-2009, 09:15 PM #6
well for pppl who it didnt work remove rock extensions b4 u upgrade mobile substrate cause they conflict each other
Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
You too blkcadi
11-18-2009, 12:21 AM #7
thanks to Drummerz, i was a freaking out myself until i found this. damn update effed a lot of people up im sure, but nothing personal to saurik, you still the man.
got to update to 3.1.2 as well. i hope others find an easier experience from this update!
11-21-2009, 04:20 AM #8
Perhaps its not the rock app itself but the rock extensions if anyone has that on their phone I believe that's what the conflict is I really believe this needs to be investigated further.
Also it is always possible to preform a DFU mode restore Hold power and home while phone is on and plugged into the computer then when the screen goes black continue holding home until you hear the usb chime then restore in itunes.
Last edited by Dajokeisonu; 11-21-2009 at 04:22 AM.