Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with StatusNotifier and Rock?

Default Problem with StatusNotifier and Rock?
    Hey, i recently installed Rock, after using Cydia since jailbreak on my 3.0 3GS.

Overall i am very impressed, but have a niggling problem. Everytime i load Rock, it says i have an update available for Status Notifier, but every time it fails to download.

Its says current version 0.2.11-1, New version 0.2.11-1 (Unknown), but when i go to download, it says "Download Failed" "Last error - COuld not locate URL to download file"

Its annoying as back on the springboard it says i have an update (a red number 1) but i cant clear it

Any help?

I've had the same problem and notified them of it several times through email. They have never bothered to fix it. I'm getting fed up, personally.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Guys. Just ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    Guys. Just ignore it
    Maybe you should just ignore a thread if you don't have anything useful to contribute. I don't want to ignore it, I don't want that notification to remain there. Plus, you can't even install StatusNotifier through Rock at all, not just update it. If Rock wants to replace Cydia, it needs to be able to do everything Cydia can do, especially install apps! It needs to be FIXED, not ignored.

Thanks

Whoa dude calm down. Lol. Ur like getting pissed. Just givin u a suggestion. Why dnt u try removing status notoier from cydia and then installin from rock. Tell if if that works

Quote Originally Posted by neenyrules View Post
    ...have a niggling problem...
    I must admit, I lol'd

Did you try uninstalling it in Cydia, then trying a fresh install in Rock? (I know for a fact that StatusNotifier does not actually have an update; the dev never even ported the Settings app to 3.0 so it crashes if you try to open it.)

Thanks

HAha i jist said that

Thanks

Lol try it in cydia

But i did get
    updated to 3.0
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 11-15-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Lol nice pic

As mentioned above, it does not install through RockApp.

lol whats been going on in here guys?? haha

As mentioned, StatusNotifier will not install OR update through rock. If you remove it (through cydia or rock) the only way to reinstall is in Cydia. However as soon as you do that, a "niggling" (lol) update icon appears next to Rock, but you cant clear it as the update doesnt work in rock.

I just got fed up and uninstalled StatusNotifier. I could of removed Rock, but Rock seems a lot better than Cydia