Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why can't I sync ringtones??

Default Why can't I sync ringtones??
    I just got my iPhone, it's version 1.1.4, and I used iLibertyx to do the unlock so that I can use the phone with T-mobile.

Everything seems to be working fine, except I can't sync ringtones. Everything else syncs from iTunes, but it totally just 'skips' ringtones. What the heck?

I'm fairly certain I've done everything else properly. I converted the files, they are .m4r, and they show up in the iPhone ringtone's tab and I've tried selecting them one by one or selecting all to sync, but like I said... the ringtones get skipped while everything else syncs.

What gives?
    Is there something else I can do to get custom ringtones on my phone without paying for it?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

are the ringtones 30 seconds long?
    are the ticked in the little boxes on the left?
    under your iphone connection on itunes in ringtones its selected to sync-all?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Yes to all 3... I don't get it

Same thing happened to me, the only different is that i am on 2.0.2 firmware. just dont seem to get what is wrong here. Some help please??

And after trying with the WinSCP, putting them in libary/ringtones , it worked. just somehow iTune dont sync them. Also remember the ringtone name MUST be in English.
    Last edited by d0t125; 09-02-2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im on 2.0.1 and my itunes wont sync either. To clarify, Itunes will sync and then it immediatly syncs again and i loose them. i can unplug the phone after the initial sync and my ringtones are all there.

Is this what you guys are experiencing? I would love a way to fix this, it is amazingly frustrating.

My ringtones did show up in the "ring tong" section, but how ever, it wont sync at all. when i go to iphone, under ringtone, select all, it still doesnt sync, like they never existed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

What bit rate are the ring tones????
    Post one (or more) of the ones you're having issues with, so someone else can try them. Just to see if it is some issue with the ring tone itself...

Quote Originally Posted by moorex View Post
    I just got my iPhone, it's version 1.1.4, and I used iLibertyx to do the unlock so that I can use the phone with T-mobile.

Everything seems to be working fine, except I can't sync ringtones. Everything else syncs from iTunes, but it totally just 'skips' ringtones. What the heck?

I'm fairly certain I've done everything else properly. I converted the files, they are .m4r, and they show up in the iPhone ringtone's tab and I've tried selecting them one by one or selecting all to sync, but like I said... the ringtones get skipped while everything else syncs.

What gives?
    Is there something else I can do to get custom ringtones on my phone without paying for it?
    "1.1.4" What version of iTunes are you using?
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 09-09-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you tried re-making the ringtone? That works sometimes if it doesn't the first time.

Default Ringtones iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by d0t125 View Post
    My ringtones did show up in the "ring tong" section, but how ever, it wont sync at all. when i go to iphone, under ringtone, select all, it still doesnt sync, like they never existed.

Hi!

I had exactly the same problems. You`ll have to change the name of the new ringtone file(Not only file type. The ringtone you are making can`t be named the same as the original file). Then change the name of the same file(ringtone file) to something else. The most easy way would be to call it the same as you called the file.
    I think/hope this will help you with your problem