+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.4.2 ringtone fix

is a discussion within the

Ringtone / Alert Sounds

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007...-itunes-7-4-2/ "Shadowfax discovered how to restore custom ringtones (for free) in the latest version of iTunes 7.4.2 that was released. The newest iTunes apparently broke the previous iTunes hacks that
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iTunes 7.4.2 ringtone fix
    http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007...-itunes-7-4-2/

"Shadowfax discovered how to restore custom ringtones (for free) in the latest version of iTunes 7.4.2 that was released. The newest iTunes apparently broke the previous iTunes hacks that allowed you to easily sync any AAC file as a Ringtone.

The workaround is simple, and simply involves combining the previous methods (file renaming, and ID3 tag changes).

You have to use that ID3 mod (Atomic Parsley), but use .m4r extensions. Once you change the STIK field to 14 using atomic parsley and change the extension from .m4a to .m4r, you can drag ringtones into your library again by hand
    The ID3 mod was previously described which properly tags the AAC files as Ringtones. The M4R filetype also tells iTunes to place the ringtones into the proper location.

Due to the simplicity of the changes, it seems maybe Apple didn't maliciously break Ringtone support but simply solidified the format."

Testing now

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphoneroeth's Avatar
    Thanks

what is "STIK field"

Green Apple
    Thanks

how do you do it in terminal again... grrr... i hate these stupid lil updates

Thanks

Apparently Shadowfax only tested this in iTunes (didn't sync it with his iPhone as he said he was trying to run out the battery for callibration...)

Anyway, seems like this is NOT a legit fix, just some pre-mature blogging and wishful thinking. So now it's time we take out our scalpels, open up one of those Apple ringtones and see what makes it 'tick'.

Green Apple
    Thanks

itoner and ssh still works but i hate the titles(filenames) it brings up on the iphone ringtones list. cant get it to be the ones embedded on the files.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone have iTunes 7.4.1 for mac? I want to uninstall 7.4.2 and go back to 7.4.1 so I can use this iPhone.

Thanks

i dont get what the big deal is with everybody and iTunes with ringtones, just use manzana or ibrickr and drop em in. no biggie
    Hit Thanks!