+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to convert m4r

is a discussion within the

Ringtone / Alert Sounds

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
Hey can someone tell me how to convert an m4r back to caf or aiff plz. Thx
    Thanks

Default How to convert m4r
    Hey can someone tell me how to convert an m4r back to caf or aiff plz. Thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi. I'm not sure but maybe renaming the ringtone.m4r to ringtone.m4a then convert it from there to aiff.

Thanks

thx yeah that worked, now let's see if it'll let me change it back once I up the volume lol I knew it was something simple like that hehe thx again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default caf to m4r (or m4a) / OR m4r to caf, etc
    (I will use example.ext to explain the process)
    .caf to m4r: (or caf to m4a)
    change example.caf to example.aiff >drag example.aiff into itunes music section > convert example.aiff using the iTunes AAC encoder - in settings (this will change it to example.m4a) > Drag the newly created file from iTunes to the desktop > Change example.m4a to example.m4r > OR leave example.m4a if you need it as m4a > Finished

.m4r (or m4a) to .caf:
    rename example.m4r to example.m4a (if already m4a, skip this step) > drag example.m4a into iTunes and convert it to aiff using the iTunes AIFF encoder - in settings (this will change it to example.aiff) > drag example.aiff to the desktop > rename example.aiff to example.caf > OR leave example.aiff if you need it as aiff > Finished

Tested and works both ways. Hope that helps.

If you have a wav or mp3 (or other format), convert it to .aiff using audacity audio editor and then follow the instructions above. If you want the .caf into mp3, wav, etc, follow the conversion to .aiff and then convert the .aiff to whatever format using audacity.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

MP3 to M4R can also convert any video and audio formats to another formats for IPhone and IPhone 3G without any quality loss.
    M4R converterM4R Converter, it can help you to WAV, MP3 format into M4R format, M4R Converter also supports FLAC, AAC, AC3 and other audio files for your players to create great iPhone M4R ringtone is very easy.