+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no new text mwssage sound...

is a discussion within the

Ringtone / Alert Sounds

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
hi... my phone does not have new text message sound. even if i go to settings/ new text message sound and pick a sound i does not play. where can
    Thanks

Default no new text mwssage sound...
    hi...
    my phone does not have new text message sound. even if i go to settings/ new text message sound and pick a sound i does not play.
    where can i found the folder where the text message sound is installed? (im using winscp)
    pls help... thanks

Thanks

they are stored here:

Root/System/library/audio/UISounds

You can find all the default UISounds in the download section if you need to restore them
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

iceman600 (03-03-2008)

Thanks

the files are there...!!! but why when i recieved a text messafe theres no sound? even in the settings when i pick the tri-tone there is no preview sound? what am i doing wrong? but if send a text msg sound is produce...
    pls somebody pls help me...

fixed it.... many thanks to ericidle

omg i really dont have a text message alert... when im on home and somebody txted me theres no alert of what so ever. but if im on the sms and someone txted me i have an alert message.... pls help me to fix it.

and by the way, what folder i can see the text alert files... the file that are on the settings? the one with the tri-tone, chime, glass, horn, bell and electronic?

thanks for your help
    Last edited by iceman600; 03-03-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try this source in installer and it will install talking alerts for SMS voicemail and email, I'm using them myself and they are cool

Talking Alerts available here:

www.meachware.com/list.xml
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iceman600 View Post
    the files are there...!!! but why when i recieved a text messafe theres no sound? even in the settings when i pick the tri-tone there is no preview sound?

Hi iceman The same happens 2 me .did you find a fix ???

I myself now have no sounds for text alerts .

& have tried above suggestions but none have worked for me . So maybe you could share how you got your's fixed thats if you did .

tks
    Last edited by miaseren; 03-16-2008 at 11:51 AM.
    Mi@Seren

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Myslef i have a little bit different problem! i am not getting the "new text message" neither my iphone is ringing when i receive sms! i can only know if i have new sms by unlocking and looking to the sms application!!!! Help please

Thanks

i'm having the same problem too. It was ok like last week but now suddenly no new text msg sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the sms sound problem i fix it by turning on the application pysl or uninstalling it....i had the same problem but the bug was from the pysl application that i install it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by e.a. View Post
    the sms sound problem i fix it by turning on the application pysl or uninstalling it....i had the same problem but the bug was from the pysl application that i install it
    I had the same problem after installing pysl... but when i uninstall it i got stock at the apple logo... i had to do a restore to fix the problem,,,...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default sms sound not working
    I had the same problem and had a hard time finding an answer. The sound when a phone call came in was fine, but no sound for sms on my unlocked jailbroken iphone.

Unfortunately, the best (I would almost say only) way to fix this problem is to reformat. I did this and it works great after that. I've had a couple of bugs I've had to fix so far and I've reformated 3 times already (had it for like 3 weeks) but it's mostly from installing the wrong 3rd party app.

If you reformat it will fix most of your problems and it's quite easy to do with itunes which will back up everything for you.

Hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had the same problem with my sms. I thought at first that it was due to Swirly MMS as someone had suggested...but no. As it turns out I had installed iAmp and had removed it...but didn't notice the "not getting audible sms notifications" until hours later and forgot about the fact that I had installed and removed iAmp at all. Thus, as it turns out, I reinstalled it. Then I removed it. Then I reset the phone immediately afterwards (home button and power button for 10seconds). Mind you, I was fully prepared for it not to work...but my sms sounds are back in full-force! So to any of you who have installed iAmp....it's mostly likely the cause. Something is buggy there and there is no noticeable improvement when installed. I am also running 1.1.4. I am just ecstativ to have it back....it was making my whole iphone experience lacking.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thatgadgetgirl For This Useful Post:

hung83 (05-28-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thatgadgetgirl View Post
    I had the same problem with my sms. I thought at first that it was due to Swirly MMS as someone had suggested...but no. As it turns out I had installed iAmp and had removed it...but didn't notice the "not getting audible sms notifications" until hours later and forgot about the fact that I had installed and removed iAmp at all. Thus, as it turns out, I reinstalled it. Then I removed it. Then I reset the phone immediately afterwards (home button and power button for 10seconds). Mind you, I was fully prepared for it not to work...but my sms sounds are back in full-force! So to any of you who have installed iAmp....it's mostly likely the cause. Something is buggy there and there is no noticeable improvement when installed. I am also running 1.1.4. I am just ecstativ to have it back....it was making my whole iphone experience lacking.
    Thx thatgadgetgirl! It really works! HaHaHa...!