+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Guide To Make Video Ringtones

is a discussion within the

Ringtone / Alert Sounds

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
How To Make Video Ringtones First off heres a link to my other thread where I post my own VTones that I share with you - http://www.modmyi.com/forums/rington...e-request.html I use Aimersoft
    Thanks

Default How To Guide To Make Video Ringtones
    How To Make Video Ringtones

First off heres a link to my other thread where I post my own VTones that I share with you - http://www.modmyi.com/forums/rington...e-request.html

I use Aimersoft iPhone Video Converter, everything in this guide will be done using this program! It is $30 to buy but worth every penny(COME ONE, YOU HAVE A iPhone!!!!!!!!!! Don't tell me you can't spend 30 bucks you'll blow on something useless!!!!I can't post a link for the program but just google it and its not hard to fine, it does have a free trial but leaves a watermark in the output. IT IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE VIDEO CONVERTER FOR THE iPhone SO PLEASE JUST SPEND THE MONEY, YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!
    1. First off you need to get a hold of some music videos or what you plan on using to make your VTones. This is all you and may not be as easy as you think(TRUST ME)
    2. Open AIVC(Aimersoft iPhone Video Converter), click the Add button and find your video file.
    3. FIRST!! Click your video so it is highlighted! Click "settings", SET THE RESOLUTION TO 960*640 AND MAKE SURE IT WILL SAVE AS A .MP4, JUST USE THE IPHONE MPEG-4 OPTION!! AND CLICK "SAVE AS" I NAME IT VTONESThis makes the output video twice the resolution of the iPhone thus resulting in better quality.
    4. Now click "Trim" and use the "scissors" to make the video start and stop where you want....you can make it as long as you want but the phone only rings for 20 seconds...shorter than that and the video will loop.
    5. Now click 'Crop" once done there..You will need to play a guessing game here..you want to make only part of the video cut out so it looks as the iPhone screen up and down...what is in the square you cut is what you will see in the output..MAKE SURE TO CLICK FULL SCREEN FROM THE ZOOM DROP BOX WHICH DEFAULT IS KEEP ORIGINAL!!
    6. You can go into "Effect" and make your sound louder or change a few effects of the video..this is up to you.
    7. You can change the output folder if you would like at the bottom but click the large "START" button at the bottom right and it will pop up a new window and show you it converting...unchecking the preveiw button speeds up the converting process dramatically!
    8. THATS IT..you have made your own video tones.
    9. The program is really user friendly and has some other things to do but nothing special or "needed" that i didn't mention. Good Luck!!!
    YES I MADE THIS THREAD BUT IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION PLEASE POST A COMMENT AND DON'T PM ME SINCE THERE ARE OTHERS WHO WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP SINCE I CAN'T PROMISE I CAN ALWAYS GET YOU AN ANSWER RIGHT AWAY AS TO THE FACT I DO HAVE A LIFE!! IF YOU DO HAVE PROBLEMS OR JUST CAN'T FIGURE SOMETHING OUT AFTER TRIAL, ERROR, AND ASKING IN A COMMENT...PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME THEN BUT NOT UNTIL THEN!!!!

I hope this is a big help to those of you who have been asking how to make your own VTones..Maybe I might see some of your videos when someone calls me now
    Last edited by RByers; 11-27-2008 at 01:16 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RByers For This Useful Post:

Colorado Steve (01-14-2009), cute_kamote (09-20-2010), krayster (02-06-2009)

Thanks
    Where can you download the videos to make your vtones? I tried youtube but their quality of videos sucks, plus it does not fit the whole screen of your iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did what you said and made the video and got it into my iphone in the ipod videos! But how do i set it as video ringtone?? You dont mention about that..

Thanks

You use either Open SSH with a client on your desktop (google it) or also google...iPhone Browser and download the latest version available if on a pc...you will then put your videos into var/mobile/media/skrew/vringtones (I THINK, it IS close to that if not exact I just can't look at the moment, busy) hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i didnt quite catch that sorry , how do i set them as vtones on the iphone? whats SSH?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Awesome tutorial. Do keep in mind that when cropping the movie, set the size to "full screen", and then in the video settings, set the resolution to 640*960, and not 960*640.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Bless One For This Useful Post:

cute_kamote (09-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My video turn out to be blurry.. why?

Thanks

i followed the guide but anything i do i see it on the whole screen and not centered

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive made my own vringtones and they are working on my iPhone 4 but I cant seem to get them to work my 3G. I would appreciate any help. Skrew videos are working but iG33kstas vringtones are not working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have made the video....can u tell me please that how can i set this video as ringtone...i have iphone 4