Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Ringtone / Alert Soundsforums, a part of the
How To Make Video Ringtones First off heres a link to my other thread where I post my own VTones that I share with you - http://www.modmyi.com/forums/rington...e-request.html I use Aimersoft...
11-27-2008, 01:55 AM #1How To Guide To Make Video RingtonesHow To Make Video Ringtones
First off heres a link to my other thread where I post my own VTones that I share with you - http://www.modmyi.com/forums/rington...e-request.html
I use Aimersoft iPhone Video Converter, everything in this guide will be done using this program! It is $30 to buy but worth every penny(COME ONE, YOU HAVE A iPhone!!!!!!!!!! Don't tell me you can't spend 30 bucks you'll blow on something useless!!!!I can't post a link for the program but just google it and its not hard to fine, it does have a free trial but leaves a watermark in the output. IT IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE VIDEO CONVERTER FOR THE iPhone SO PLEASE JUST SPEND THE MONEY, YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!
- First off you need to get a hold of some music videos or what you plan on using to make your VTones. This is all you and may not be as easy as you think(TRUST ME)
- Open AIVC(Aimersoft iPhone Video Converter), click the Add button and find your video file.
- FIRST!! Click your video so it is highlighted! Click "settings", SET THE RESOLUTION TO 960*640 AND MAKE SURE IT WILL SAVE AS A .MP4, JUST USE THE IPHONE MPEG-4 OPTION!! AND CLICK "SAVE AS" I NAME IT VTONESThis makes the output video twice the resolution of the iPhone thus resulting in better quality.
- Now click "Trim" and use the "scissors" to make the video start and stop where you want....you can make it as long as you want but the phone only rings for 20 seconds...shorter than that and the video will loop.
- Now click 'Crop" once done there..You will need to play a guessing game here..you want to make only part of the video cut out so it looks as the iPhone screen up and down...what is in the square you cut is what you will see in the output..MAKE SURE TO CLICK FULL SCREEN FROM THE ZOOM DROP BOX WHICH DEFAULT IS KEEP ORIGINAL!!
- You can go into "Effect" and make your sound louder or change a few effects of the video..this is up to you.
- You can change the output folder if you would like at the bottom but click the large "START" button at the bottom right and it will pop up a new window and show you it converting...unchecking the preveiw button speeds up the converting process dramatically!
- THATS IT..you have made your own video tones.
- The program is really user friendly and has some other things to do but nothing special or "needed" that i didn't mention. Good Luck!!!
I hope this is a big help to those of you who have been asking how to make your own VTones..Maybe I might see some of your videos when someone calls me now
Last edited by RByers; 11-27-2008 at 02:16 AM.
11-27-2008, 04:03 AM #2
Where can you download the videos to make your vtones? I tried youtube but their quality of videos sucks, plus it does not fit the whole screen of your iphone.
12-07-2008, 07:18 AM #3
I did what you said and made the video and got it into my iphone in the ipod videos! But how do i set it as video ringtone?? You dont mention about that..
12-08-2008, 11:21 AM #4
You use either Open SSH with a client on your desktop (google it) or also google...iPhone Browser and download the latest version available if on a pc...you will then put your videos into var/mobile/media/skrew/vringtones (I THINK, it IS close to that if not exact I just can't look at the moment, busy) hope this helps
12-09-2008, 06:32 AM #5
i didnt quite catch that sorry , how do i set them as vtones on the iphone? whats SSH?
01-14-2009, 08:17 PM #6
Awesome tutorial. Do keep in mind that when cropping the movie, set the size to "full screen", and then in the video settings, set the resolution to 640*960, and not 960*640.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Bless One For This Useful Post:
12-14-2010, 02:41 PM #7
My video turn out to be blurry.. why?
03-03-2011, 04:00 AM #8
i followed the guide but anything i do i see it on the whole screen and not centered
03-12-2011, 01:34 AM #9
Ive made my own vringtones and they are working on my iPhone 4 but I cant seem to get them to work my 3G. I would appreciate any help. Skrew videos are working but iG33kstas vringtones are not working.
03-06-2012, 11:14 AM #10
i have made the video....can u tell me please that how can i set this video as ringtone...i have iphone 4