Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NO UI Sounds on iPhone 2.1 :(

Default NO UI Sounds on iPhone 2.1 :(
    Hi,

My UI sounds suddenly stopped playin :'( .. i can hear the custom ringtone and the music also plays thru the speaker...but i cant hear any UI sounds like ..lock/unlock/key click..etc...not even the sms received sound.

Tried replacing these with some custom sounds...but those also dint work..

Tried doing a reset settings thru setting > general > reset all settings...that also dint help.

Soft/Hard rebooted my phone..still no luck.

Could some1 please help me with this. Could this be cuz of a theme which i placed in the winterboard themes folder? This theme had a UISounds folder and i think this ***** has caused the problem.

Some1 please help me get my sounds back without restoring.

Also if not get back the original sounds atleast some customes tone for the sms alert.

the same exact proble happened with me, my final option was to restore :S:S i ever tried replacing the files but also did not work, so i just restored!! Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by at004 View Post
    the same exact proble happened with me, my final option was to restore :S:S i ever tried replacing the files but also did not work, so i just restored!! Good Luck
    WTF!!!!!!

i just upgraded my phone to 2.1 abt 3 weeks back... n have loads of cracked apps n other great stuff runnin which i dont wanna do all over again .....MODSS/DEVELOPERS plz plz plz develop a patch for this **EDIT CPJR - NO PROFANITY** thing... i dont think a lot of people would want to do a full restore for this small thing

OK anyways...would a restore from backup work? or ill have to reinstall firmware 2.1 then unlock n jailbreak n install my apps again n ****?
    Last edited by cpjr; 11-19-2008 at 05:22 PM.

you turned your phone off and turned it back on right? How about, plug in your headphones, go to ipod, push play, let it play for a couple seconds, then push pause, then unplug the headphones. I know that apple has this bug where it still thinks the headphones are plugged in causing no system sounds except through the headphones. Try that..if not, play around with it for a little bit. It should work, if not, then i guess you have to restore.

watch your mouth or you will get an infraction against you. i had the same issue and had to restore as well. something went wrong and thats all i had to do. just back all your stuff up.....you should do all that anyways
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^^I watched it for him

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    I know that apple has this bug where it still thinks the headphones are plugged in causing no system sounds except through the headphones.
    I had this problem earlier where the phone thinks that the headphones are still plugged in ... but in that case u cant even hear the ringtones n ipod music thru the speakers...also you cant hear the other person while on a call.....but thts not the case this time... the ringtones/music/calls etc can be heard thru my speakers...its only the UI sounds in apps and springboard..like key tap/sms/mail alert..etc.. Even the game sounds play fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    watch your mouth or you will get an infraction against you.
    Will keep that in mind n wont say S&^& again

i had the same issue and had to restore as well. something went wrong and thats all i had to do. just back all your stuff up.....you should do all that anyways
    THis means ill have to do a fresh restore from scratch right? n again install all my apps n other stuff. or can i just restore from my iTunes backup..without loosing my data.(i mean apps/games/etc)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^^I watched it for him
    Thnx MOD. BTw no developer here who can come out with some kinda patch for this? This seems to be a pretty common problem with 2.1

Thanks

I would honestly just restore. Usually the best solution when you are having issues with system files.

^^^^ i could not agree more. and you should always back up your stuff like at least once a week (for me) just in case. its worth it. your gonna have to restore sooner or later anyways...might as well do it now.

sorry dude. sometimes there is no magic solution. when jailbreaking and modding something is always bound to go wrong. its worth it. i promise

Thanks

Think of it as "Spring cleaning"

Thats what I try to do as I tend to brick my 3g on a semi-regular basis trying stuff I shouldnt be.

Now I mostly use a "test dummy" 2g I got for doing the extreme stuff....if it blows....oh well, start over...hahaha.

such a friendly way to put it cpjr. couldnt think of anything better myself....spring cleaning

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

such a friendly way to put it cpjr. couldnt think of anything better myself....spring cleaning
    ^^^Post Whoring.....1 definition - To post on message boards for the sake of posting, to post useless things to raise your post count.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    ^^^Post Whoring.....1 definition - To post on message boards for the sake of posting, to post useless things to raise your post count.
    Does this count

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

cricketlang (11-19-2008)

^^^^^not really. my post count gets higher anyways. im on here from 2-10 every day of the week. one post really wouldnt matter. and technically you posting your response instead of PMing me would be "post whoring" as well

Does this count
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! that deserves a useless thanks too. just because i know cpjr needs his thanks and post count up. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Last edited by cricketlang; 11-19-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yes I do....we have about 300,000 members and I am #4 in post count.

My goal is #2...above Cash and below p_f, cause I'll never catch up to him

HAHAHA, LOL. Really doesnt matter I post cause I likey.

for real. this place is like my life during the week...dont call me a posting whore because i actively interact here. its not like i go around posting useless things. i help out and conribute as much as i can to this site and i plan to do more once i have my iphone. and i swear cpjr and i are like the kings of thread jacking...like everytime. hahahaha

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I do....we have about 300,000 members and I am #4 in post count.

My goal is #2...above Cash and below p_f, cause I'll never catch up to him
    BTW.....Most of your post have been very helpful

^^^^i learn a TON daily from cpjr. usually anything he posts i am right there to read it and comment on it. i already know tons about the ipod but now im learning more about the iphone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast