Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To

Default How To
    How to add custom ringtones on 1.1.3.

all you have to do is go into itunes select the song you want as a ringtone right click convert selection to aac then copy the file to your desktop or where ever and right click that file choose rename file to whatever.m4r then upload to library/ringtones and boom your done go to settings select your ringtone you've just made and ENJOY!!!!!

NOTE!!! you may have to restart your phone for the ringtones to work

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BLOWNCO For This Useful Post:

ajl917 (02-13-2008)

Thanks for the easy guide, but I've tried this and i can't seem to get it to work...
    Using iMac running 10.5.1, iTunes, 7.6, with a 1.1.2 iPhone and hacked to 1.1.3 using the new ZiPhone method.

The tunes appear in the Ringtones folder in itunes, but don't appear on the phone after a sync and restart, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by -GP- View Post
    Thanks for the easy guide, but I've tried this and i can't seem to get it to work...
    Using iMac running 10.5.1, iTunes, 7.6, with a 1.1.2 iPhone and hacked to 1.1.3 using the new ZiPhone method.

The tunes appear in the Ringtones folder in itunes, but don't appear on the phone after a sync and restart, any ideas?
    sorry i left out the part where you have to ssh or afp into the phone and manually copy the new file to library/ringtones on the phone not itunes

Worked great, but I had to change my ringtone in my browser and in WinSCP, but works great! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post
    sorry i left out the part where you have to ssh or afp into the phone and manually copy the new file to library/ringtones on the phone not itunes
    sorry bro I am new to this....how does one ssh or afp into my phone....I was able to complete all of your steps in the thread you posted except for when it says upload into ringtones/library....

I apreciate your patience with a newbie

Don Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Don Blaze View Post
    sorry bro I am new to this....how does one ssh or afp into my phone....I was able to complete all of your steps in the thread you posted except for when it says upload into ringtones/library....

I apreciate your patience with a newbie

Don Blaze
    Don,

You must have BSD Subsystem and openSSH installed on your iPhone(you find the apps in the installer).

than, all you need is to download the following program:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/92548579/winscp406setup.exe

Unpack it on your PC and run it.
    Check your iPhones IP and enter it in the field "host name"
    User: root
    PW:alpine

Hope this helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AotW For This Useful Post:

angel212019 (02-18-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

best and seasiest way is to download iphoneringtonemaker google it and downld it best app ever seen with effects added in it....want serail search torrent u will get it

how do i check my iphones ip address?

good program to have is bossprefs since it'll show you your current IP when you turn on OpenSSH, but you can always go to settings > wi-fi > click on the arrow next to the network you're connected to

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post
    How to add custom ringtones on 1.1.3.

all you have to do is go into itunes select the song you want as a ringtone right click convert selection to aac then copy the file to your desktop or where ever and right click that file choose rename file to whatever.m4r then upload to library/ringtones and boom your done go to settings select your ringtone you've just made and ENJOY!!!!!

NOTE!!! you may have to restart your phone for the ringtones to work
    I've tried this and for whatever reason it refuses to work for me. I import the song into itunes, convert to AAC, put it in a folder so I can rename it...which all it does is make the file x.m4r, get on win scp and put it in the ringtones folder but it never shows up on my phone. Can you help me?

Edit

Uhm nvm I got it to work, I was putting the file in the wrong ringtones folder, thanks for the guide.
    Last edited by heat_2008; 02-26-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Fixed my problem.

I'm on an iMac, 10.4.11, iPhone 1.1.3 jailbroken with the Dev Team's first official release, iTunes 7.6.1

When using ANY method of putting on ringtones I've found that works for 1.1.3 EXCEPT Garageband, I can get the ringtone to show up in iTunes. iTunes will play the ringtone when I double click it, hit play, whatever. After a sync, the tone appears on my iPhone, but will not play. Another family member happens to have iLife '08, so I used his GarageBand to create a ringtone from the SAME file, uploaded it to his iTunes, took the actual .m4r file to my iTunes, and then it worked fine. That's great, but I won't always have access to his computer.

Any ideas on how to get my tones to play? I have manual manage disabled, iTunes music folder organized, have tried deleting all spaces and even a method I found that involves renaming the .m4r file back to .m4a once it's in the Ringtones folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I dont have a ringtones folder. I've used winSCP and iphone browser and there is no folder named ringtones. Any ideas?