+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't find my ringtones?

is a discussion within the

Ringtone / Alert Sounds

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
I'm on a 2.0 1st gen iphone with iTunes 7.7.1. I followed a tutorial on renaming m4p files to m4r and getting itunes to recognize them as ringtones. I sync,
    Thanks
    Exclamation Can't find my ringtones?
    I'm on a 2.0 1st gen iphone with iTunes 7.7.1. I followed a tutorial on renaming m4p files to m4r and getting itunes to recognize them as ringtones. I sync, and the file shows up both in the ringtones tab in itunes under "sync all ringtones" and my ringtone list in itunes. HOwever, I dont see them in Settings > Sounds > Rintones on my phone. Am i missing something?

Also, are there any good video ringtones apps for use on 2.0?
    Last edited by fbords; 08-07-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typo

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem here, anyone able to help? let's bump this thread back to the top.
    2G 16gb wrapped in a white incase slider w/ zagg invisible shield screen protector

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have FW2.2 I gave up searching a way to input ringtones through itune, so I use SSH to directly put it in, works great and its easy!

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

im using iphone ringtone maker.Its fine&easy to use...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Quick solution
    I had same experience with the problem. I suspect it's naming mess on iphone system. For example, I removed all ringtones in iphone from iTunes but the phone somehow remembers their names so that whenever I update the same ringtones from iTunes again, iphone does not recognize them as new ringtones. It's stupid but it seems true. Here is a quick solution I found:

In iTunes of your desktop,

(1) Right-click the ringtone you want and select "Get Info" from the menu
    (2) In Info tab, change its name to something different from previous one. (I usually add ** in front of the previous name)
    (3) Sync with iPhone and you should see the ringtone in custom group by setting -> sounds -> ringtone.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by statcom; 07-19-2009 at 03:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

one thing that should help is if your ringtones have no artist or orther info than just a name field then you have to add one and then it should sync sometimes this helps i think its a glich in the software and if you have multiple ringtones then click on the top one and hold down shift and click on the last one they will be all highlighted in blue then you can right click and choose "get info" from the right click menu and you can edit all of them a t once instead of having to change or edit them one at a time. this helped for me i hope it helps you.