Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Color Cables: Glow in the Dark Charge and Sync Cables

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Default [GIVEAWAY] Color Cables: Glow in the Dark Charge and Sync Cables

I feel like I've got charging cables in every pocket and plug in my life. They haven't improved tons over the years, and today's Color Cables are trying to make a splash in the cable world.

Company

With 3 weeks left in their indiegogo campaign, Color Cables is a brand new product out of Los Angeles, CA. Led by James Crofton, who's worked as a company director for a major eyewear company for years, their first and flagship product is Color Cables.

In the Box

Color Cables are packaged in white or black heavy paper packaging, with plastic underneath. The Color Cable itself is prominently displayed through the clear packaging, so you know which connector and color you've got. These cables are packed pretty tight - I had to rip each package I tried, with no easy way to slide the cable out.

Design

Coming in both 3 and 6 foot versions, Color Cables are tangle-free, glow in the dark, and retail in 7 colors. The connectors are solid and easy to insert, although they're not "Made for iPhone" certified yet. The cables are flat, instead of round, which eliminates tangling. In testing, we found the glow to be nice - easy to find your cable by the bedside, but not so in-your-face it kept me awake. Like most glow in the dark items, normal sunlight or artificial light charges the glow.

The thumb groove on each end makes it easy after a few days to know which side of the cable is up without looking, which was super useful. And serious - 6 feet is so much longer than the included 3 foot cable when you buy an iPhone! The cable reach from the front power adapter in my car to the back seat easily with the passenger able to use the phone comfortably.

I didn't use the micro USB cable, as I don't use any devices which have that connector.

Multiple colors for charging cables makes it much easier to check at a glance which goes to which device, especially useful if you keep your wall ports out of view wherever you charge your devices. Mine stay behind my nightstand, so having one cord for my iPhone and the other for my iPad was appreciated.

Price/Conclusion

Color Cables will retail for $9-30, depending on which length and connector you purchase. These are great cables, big improvements over the included ones when you purchase a device.

We've got some giveaways below, but we are also huge fans of supporting innovators and entrepreneurs - definitely hit up the Color Cables indiegogo page to become a supporter if you're interested!

We're giving the Color Cables a 4 leaves rating - packaging can use some improvement, and "Made for iPhone" certification would be a big plus.

As is customary for an MMi review, Color Cables is hooking up our readers with A LOT of free stuff! (Thank you!) We've got 3 free 30 pin charging cords, and 6 free Micro USB cables for lucky readers! Use the widget below to grab entries into the raffle, and we'll pick a winner Wednesday!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Those cables are sweet!

Thanks

$30 a cable?!?!?! Are they out of their MINDS??? That probably costs 30 to produce!

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    $30 a cable?!?!?! Are they out of their MINDS??? That probably costs 30 to produce!
    Your joking right?

To be Apple certified it costs money
    To use GOOD materials that won't break in 10 days cost money

if you want cheap cables that will last a week or act certified for 5 days then stop charging your phone EBay has thousands at a few bucks each

By the way Kyle I can't enter on the ModMyI iphone app
    Last edited by WHUDS; 03-17-2014 at 06:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

30 Pin Please!

Interesting price spread... The cables look nice, but the glow in the dark point is a bit gimmicky.

El lightening cable en verde por favor. Gracias

Green Apple
    Thanks

No lightning connectors?! Oh well just cant use for may main device

Lightning or 30 Pin?

Lightning cable for iPhone 5S!!!
    Black cable!!! If not then green!
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Your joking right?

To be Apple certified it costs money
    To use GOOD materials that won't break in 10 days cost money

if you want cheap cables that will last a week or act certified for 5 days then stop charging your phone EBay has thousands at a few bucks each

By the way Kyle I can't enter on the ModMyI iphone app
    If you're so confident, why don't you go ahead and buy one? I bought 3 cables for $4 on eBay. They are in perfect condition, work perfectly, and don't get the non-compatible screen. You're wasting your money on a stupid "glowing" cable, because that will really improve your life.

My apple cable is frayed to pieces; I bought a POS off amazon and it broke in 2 months (you get what you pay for).

Anyway this cable looks great and I could really benefit from it, as I'm currently using my original apple cable with duct tape -_-

Thanks
    . Color Cables were created with a vision where form compliments function. Truly the best cable you will ever own. Just in-case you are tempted to support our campaign on Indiegogo: For clarification.

ALL DEVICES SUPPORTED - Lightning --- Micro USB --- 30 Pn Dock Connector -

AVAILABLE NOW ! (Early Bird special prices below)

30 Pin Dock Cables (3ft) @ $9 (6ft)@11
    Micro USB Cables (3ft) @ $9 (6ft) @$11
    Lightning Cables (3ft) @ $14 (6ft) $16

(RRP will be from $20-$30 depending on your connector and length)

Thanks for your support.
    Color Cables: Glow in the Dark, Charge & Sync Cables | Indiegogo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremynoe17 View Post
    Those cables are sweet!
    Color Cables were created with a vision where form compliments function. Truly the best cable you will ever own. Just in-case you are tempted to support our campaign on Indiegogo:

ALL DEVICES SUPPORTED - Lightning --- Micro USB --- 30 Pn Dock Connector -

AVAILABLE NOW ! (Early Bird special prices below)

30 Pin Dock Cables (3ft) @ $9 (6ft)@11
    Micro USB Cables (3ft) @ $9 (6ft) @$11
    Lightning Cables (3ft) @ $14 (6ft) $16

(RRP will be from $20-$30 depending on your connector and length)

Thanks ModMyi and everyone else for your support.
    Color Cables: Glow in the Dark, Charge & Sync Cables | Indiegogo
    Last edited by jamescrofton; 03-17-2014 at 09:15 PM.

looks like a pretty decent build quality.

Those cables are very sweet!

Sweet looking cables. Could use both the micro-usb and the lightning connector.

Nice looking cables!

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    If you're so confident, why don't you go ahead and buy one? I bought 3 cables for $4 on eBay. They are in perfect condition, work perfectly, and don't get the non-compatible screen. You're wasting your money on a stupid "glowing" cable, because that will really improve your life.
    Not true, I have bought 8 cables off Ebay and have 3 left that work, ALL DIFFERENT and all substandard to original. All were under 5 bucks a piece. Your cables will fail if they are Lightening, 30 pin? They may fail and until your unit burns up you may never know, Enjoy the superiority you think you have, I will enjoy know that the cheap cables on Ebay are POS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast