Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] myFC PowerTrekk Instant Power Anytime, Anywhere

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default [GIVEAWAY] myFC PowerTrekk Instant Power Anytime, Anywhere

With all of today's gadgets and gizmos, people are always needing a way to power their devices. Unfortunately for some people, the places they travel are not located on the so-called "power grid". When you can't find a plug, you're on a plane, or out in the great outdoors... the myFC PowerTrekk provides you with instant power whenever and wherever you need it.

Company

myFC is an innovative Swedish based company creating great ways to power today's mobile devices. myFC distributes PowerTrekk in the US via a company called Industrial Revolution.

In the Box

The packaging of the myFC PowerTrekk is very clean and simple. It can be compared to how the iPhone is packaged - everything in a deliberate spot, and created to show off the bright green color of the myFC PowerTrekk by contrasting it with a jet black box.

Inside the box you will find the PowerTrekk system and a USB cord that attaches to the following adapters:
    • micro USB adapter
    • iPhone 30-pin adapter
    • iPhone Lightning adapter

In addition to these adapters, you can also use any USB cable and micro USB to plug directly into the myFC PowerTrekk. The box also includes a waterproof pouch to store the system when not in use, and a user manual.

The only thing that does NOT come in the box are the PowerTrekk Pucks, which are sold separately.

Design

The myFC PowerTrekk has a unique design that allows a small amount of water to be manipulated into hydrogen gas to produce instant energy to power your devices. The fuel cell does so by causing a chemical reaction between the water and the Pukk that you insert into the system. This in turn creates hydrogen gas which is pumped into the "engine" at the top of the device. The top portion contains a lithium ion battery that can charge your iPhone about 1 to 1.5 times before needing a recharge.

The best feature is you don't have to use a Puck to recharge it. You can plug the myFC PowerTrekk up to an outlet and it will recharge that way also. It's cleared for use on flights as well - there's nothing more frustrating than having your device run out of juice on a long flight. Unlike other external batteries, the myFC PowerTrekk can charge your device by using a teaspoon of water and a myFC PowerTrekk Pukk.

Price/Conclusion

The myFC PowerTrekk retails online for $229.99 and the Powertrekk Pucks are sold separately in 3-packs for $12.99.

Although this product is on the higher end, it is built well and will last a long time if cared and stored properly. It's a benchmark for fuel cell products in the future... why not set the bar high? The myFC PowerTrekk is a revolutionary new way to power your gadgets/gizmos anytime and any place. "Made for iPhone" certification would be nice - right now connecting to my 5S gives the much-abhorred "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone". However, it does still charge the phone perfectly fine.

You can purchase the myFC Powertrekk on the Industrial Revolution website. We're giving the myFC Powertrekk 4.5 leaves for its incredible design, capability, and amazing functionality!

As is customary for an MMi review, Industrial Rev is hooking up our readers with free stuff! (Thank you!) We've got a free myFC Powertrekk fuel cell charger as well as a 3-pack of Pucks to send to one lucky reader. Use the widget below to grab entries into the raffle, and we'll pick a winner Wednesday!

Review by guest reviewer Michael Quattrochi. Michael is an avid outdoorsman, drummer, and gadget lover. We sent the PowerTrekk out into the Georgia woods for 3 days with him.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 12-27-2013 at 06:05 PM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

👍 looks awesome!!! Very functional and nice design.

Would be great for my 5s after mobile substrate comes out cuz I'll be modding my phone non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSoul View Post
    👍 looks awesome!!! Very functional and nice design.

Would be great for my 5s after mobile substrate comes out cuz I'll be modding my phone non stop.
    Lol..oh yeah!!!

Thanks

Def love to have this
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Portable chargers I'd imagine are life savers. I should def invest.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

looks nice!

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is awesome, at last some improvements over "regular" power sources

300$? They sell 6000 MAH battery's at Staples for 30$.. charges an iphone twice. 10,000 MAH ones on ebay are just about the same too.

in perspective, an iphone recharges once with about 1500 MAH, ipad I believe 5000.

Could really use this. I'm constantly running out of charge!

It'll be funny when your friend sees you pouring water into it and asking what you're doing and you tell them, "I'm recharging my phone. Duh!"

that seem really nice to have around when you are making a trip

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A valuable addition to the away kit. Batteries invariably die at inadvertant moments.

very useful accessory

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This looks great! Very handy!

This would be great!

loveee the color!

Looks good, but a lil too pricey for me,,,

I could have used one of these when I was on my Christmas vacation! Maybe I'll get one for next year

Eco friendly!!!!! Wow that really awesome