+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The AL13 Aluminum Bumper Case is for Those Wanting to Preserve the Look of the iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
Anthony Bouchard "It’s a minimalist case, so it won’t protect you from those hardcore drops like some other cases will..." Why buy this case!!! No real protection from drops!!! Only
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote:
    Anthony Bouchard

"It’s a minimalist case, so it won’t protect you from those hardcore drops like some other cases will..."

Why buy this case!!! No real protection from drops!!!

Only reason the many will use a case is for glass protection from drops... (certain work environments) so the majority of time many users never use a case.

This one is very well done and for those "case-lovers" this looks like a good one to get.

Me and Leo LaPorte much prefer not to have ugly cheap cases or attractive expensive cases on otherwise beautiful phones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought 2 different aluminum bumpers for our 5's when they first came out, one in this design, the other the screw on type.
    Added silver carbon fiber skin for the back, both a third of this price.

Boy did they look sharp.

Boy, did they lose signal!!!!!!!!!

And any drop (of course I try not to do that), had an echo.

These look great, but for everyday use, one must be careful and close to towers.

Great idea, but bad idea in my opinion, unless see line above, these aren't for heavy users.

Green Apple
    Thanks

a minimalistic case with a not so minimalistic price. No doubt it looks good though

Thanks

Looked at that case and several other aluminum ones. But $70 bucks for a case is just not worth it to me especially since it seems to be an anodized aluminum case. Wear and tear wont make the color stay.

I work in the industrial business side for machines that mill aluminum and I keep looking at some of these cases since they match the industry I work in. Like I said, the price is just a turn off. Id consider it at $49.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I bought 2 different aluminum bumpers for our 5's when they first came out, one in this design, the other the screw on type.
    Added silver carbon fiber skin for the back, both a third of this price.

Boy did they look sharp.

Boy, did they lose signal!!!!!!!!!

And any drop (of course I try not to do that), had an echo.

These look great, but for everyday use, one must be careful and close to towers.

Great idea, but bad idea in my opinion, unless see line above, these aren't for heavy users.
    +1, I bought the edge case for the 5. I couldn't pick up wifi even in the same room as my router. Avoid metal cases at all cost.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This case is very good looking and also it safes our phone from scratches also.
    You can visit:-smartphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm digging this!!!!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12