+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RAWBKNY Wooden Keyboard for MacBook Pro [KICKSTARTER]

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
So I've been using this wooden keyboard for the Macbook Pro Unibody product for a couple weeks now. They're essentially wooden with adhesive underneath, and created by RAWBKNY, a classy
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default RAWBKNY Wooden Keyboard for MacBook Pro [KICKSTARTER]
    So I've been using this wooden keyboard for the Macbook Pro Unibody product for a couple weeks now. They're essentially wooden with adhesive underneath, and created by RAWBKNY, a classy high-design accessory manufacturer out of Brooklyn who we've looked at before. Some cool dudes, apparently, making accessories out of natural products like wood and leather.

Although marketed as a "wooden keyboard," I think wooden keys is a more appropriate term. Each piece of rosewood or bamboo is cut to the exact shape fo the corresponding key. There's a single huge caveat: you lose your backlight capability.

Not to be deterred, the RAWBKNY guys decided to craft a better solution, and are running a Kickstarter campaign to fully fund the new backlit design.

This new design is perfect - each key is now laser-cut to allow the backlight to shine through (even the caps lock indicator works!). The natural feeling of the wooden keys under your fingers is actually quite nice - a surprising move from hard plastic. The screen isn't bothered at all.

The Kickstarter is only 16 days from being completed, with over $10,000 of their $25,000 goal met. You can grab one of these stands for a discount off the price they'll retail for, or get one of many other perks (iPhone 5 case? sure!).

One really cool feature of the new one (which I would have loved when putting these things on, ha) is a little jig they include to put around each key as you're placing the actual wood piece. Getting perfect alignment was tough, and once or twice I thought I was going to pull out an actual key while trying to move the wood ones around (I didn't). This little jig goes around the key, and allows you to place the wood key on exactly as it should be. Thanks, guys. Little touches that improve user experience are appreciated!

Be sure to head over to the Kickstarter and support, good design deserves it!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rawbkny/wooden-keys-for-macbook-and-desktop

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

that is hideous

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

That is awesome. TAKE MY MONEY!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 729 Posts

That doesn't look too bad though

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 935 Posts

In kinda diggin that. Might feel cool while typing!

Thanks

I think that is SWEET...

Thanks

Beautiful

Banned
    Thanks
    the is unique looking like an art work to me and get amazed by seeing it ... though the cost seems reasonable to the product as it have to be made with the art work over its surface to create the later, digits and signs .. I'm moving over the computer peripheral stores online to get a deal done with a favorable one..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i love it, i dare to say that it is the best thing i have ever seen this year
    I just bought this one, but cheaper than the wooden keyboards.
    RAWBKNY Wooden Keyboard for MacBook Pro [KICKSTARTER]-qq_20130320165116.png
    Last edited by funners; 08-15-2013 at 04:12 AM.
    I recently saw the pictures of iwatch, just love it so much

Banned
    Thanks
    now i am owning one and working over the same wooden made keyboard .. this is all new feeling to work upon an untraditional material which has a sleek and sober design as well to match well with your style ..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its lovely quite elegant one...I would love to buy this one can any one share the appropriate link for it...

Thanks