Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Just Mobile's Gum Max Duo is a Beautiful Backup Battery

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default [GIVEAWAY] Just Mobile's Gum Max Duo is a Beautiful Backup Battery

Everyone needs a charger for their iPad or iPhone sometimes - whether it's when you're on vacation, at work, or because your spouse keeps hogging the chargers. Let's take a look at Just Mobile's Gum Max Duo.

Company

Just Mobile has been making awesome Apple products since the release of the iPhone. They're based out of Taiwan, and have a long history of creating really cool accessories that feel as if they came straight from Cupertino's R&D labs. We love these guys!

In the Box

The box is a simple and clean piece of packaging - the heavyweight black box has a picture of the Gum Max Duo on the outside, and a brief description. You can open a flap on the front to see through a plastic window to the actual Gum Max Duo.

Inside the box you'll find the Gum Max itself, in a black rubber sleeve. There's also a user manual, a micro-USB to USB charging cable (you'll need your own iPhone/iPad charging cable), and a Just Mobile sticker.

Design

Like everything Just Mobile makes, the Gum Max Duo is a beautiful mix of form and functionality. It fits well in a hand, and is all brushed aluminum and smooth curves.

On one side of the aluminum finish there is a single button and 8 LED status lights. Press the button to see the charge left in the Gum Max Duo. The other side is unblemished blushed aluminum. On the two slimmer ends of the device are the charging ports. One side has a micro-USB port which you use the included cable with to charge the Gum Max. The other side has two ports to charging USB devices like your iPhone and iPad - both a 1A output and a 2.4A output.

I was able to charge my iPad a couple times as well as charge my iPhone twice before having to recharge the Gum Max Duo. Recharge the backup battery by just plugging it into any standard USB port. At home I use my normal iPhone charger, and plug the iPhone into the Gum Max Duo - charging both at the same time.

A cool feature Just Mobile includes with the Gum Max Duo is these colored rubberized shockproof sleeves. They protect the device from scratching, light drops, and dirt, and offer a fun way to customize the charger a bit. Just Mobile sells a red, blue, or yellow one for $12.95 each (plus shipping) if you'd like to color up a bit more. The sleeves allow you to see the charging LED status lights through the material.

Price / Conclusion

You can pick up a Gum Max Duo for $129.95 on the Just Mobile website. A little pricey, but still competitive considering it's a dual charger and has 2.4A power as well! At that price I do wish there was a Lightning to USB cable included, or at least a 30pin charging cable. It'd also be nice to see an AC adapter to charge the Gum Max Duo with. I'm not a fan of this "a USB cable alone is enough" mentality for charging devices lately.

We're giving both the Just Mobile Gum Max Duo 4.5 leaves - it's clean, thoughtful design and perfect function are great!

As is customary for an MMi review, Just Mobile is hooking up our readers with free stuff! (Thanks guys!) We've got a free Gum Max Duo to send to a reader. Use the widget below to grab entries into the raffle, and we'll pick a winner Friday morning.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

This would come in handy!

This is awesome! I just love how they are getting smaller and smaller and more and more powerful. (yay, run on sentence.)

This is brilliant, and definitely would come in very, very handy for those long days away from a charger.

Really cool design.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Definitely looks nice. I've been looking for a nice battery pack so I might give this a closer look next paycheck (if I don't win one, which would be awesome).

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

More power!

Quote Originally Posted by julioooo View Post
    i want it ;o
    I can see where this would be useful to charge my iPod while my GPS and I phone are charging while traveling I hope they toss one my way.

I love that color lol

Interesting little guy there

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can't wait til i win anybody know what the name of the case on the iPhone?

This looks like a great battery, and it sounds like it works better than many if the others I have tried.

This is pretty cool, and I definitely like the colors. I blast through my iPhone 5 battery so I could use this thing for sure.

iPhone? More like MyPhone myiphone3gs4055's Avatar
    Thanks

It's so colorful and neat

I will definitely buy one, if I can't win

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

@tonebone2k8 - see this article about iPartStore for the case!

Awesome review! I definitely want one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is a great backup battery! I want it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast