Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Colored iPhone 5 Housing Kits - iPartStore.com

Threaded View

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Default [GIVEAWAY] Colored iPhone 5 Housing Kits - iPartStore.com

My iPhone 5 is blue - let's take a look at the color housing kits for the iPhone 5 from iPartStore.com!

Company

iPartStore is a newer company, but they're affiliated with the iHospital guys, who've been in the business for years and got started right here on ModMyi.com creating hardware guides. They're based out of Florida, and offer parts for iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Mac. They also do wholesale.

In the Box

While our review unit was, sadly, boxless, the iPhone 5 housing kit from iPartStore.com includes the metal rear housing only, along with the SIM tray, volume rocker, sleep button, and silent mode switcher. Cabling is not included - you're basically pulling off your existing back to replace with this one.

Design

These are great quality parts - I've been using mine a week or so now, and haven't had any issues from daily wear and life. The fit and finish match the original housing very well - and I actually love that it keeps the stock iPhone 5 glass on the front. None of the replacements for the iPhone 4/4S ever quite had such nice glass as Apple uses. These parts eliminate that issue completely since it's still Apple's glass.

The rear of the phone keeps the glass top and bottom just like the stock iPhone 5. Mine is a black (matches stock) with the dark blue metal. iPartStore.com has nearly 30 color combinations, both with white and black glass options.

Buttons are clean, work well, and everything seems as if I bought a stock iPhone 5 - in blue.

Installation took these guys nearly 2 hours to do, and is a bit of nerve-wracking work. You can give it a try yourself, or you can have your local iPhone repair shop do it for you. iHospital is great at any of their locations, or whatever is local to you. Some places will also give you a discount on install if you let them keep the old parts.

Price / Conclusion

The housing kits are competitively priced at $99.99, and ModMyi.com members get free shipping with promo code "MODMYI" - up to 200 total orders. You can grab them at their website for pre-order - they're shipping in the beginning of April, at which time prices will most likely return to their $119.99 level plus shipping.

We're giving the product 4 leaves - a nice housing, clean and a great finish and fit.

As is customary for an MMi review, iPartStore.com is hooking up our readers with free stuff! (Thanks guys!) You get your pick of color, and free installation from iHospital (you can ship to them if you don't have one local - shipping cost is on you, though). Use the widget below to grab entries into the raffle, and we'll pick a winner Thursday morning.

Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 03-19-2013 at 10:51 AM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews