+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Stanley Technician Case From Incipio is Tight and to the Point

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
Yesterday we showed you the Stanley Foreman iPhone 5 case from Incipio , which was high on protection, but also carried some bulkiness. If you’re more into the lower-profile cases,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Stanley Technician Case From Incipio is Tight and to the Point

Yesterday we showed you the Stanley Foreman iPhone 5 case from Incipio, which was high on protection, but also carried some bulkiness. If you’re more into the lower-profile cases, then have a look at the new Stanley Technician iPhone 5 case. Both cases are of Incipio's new 2013 Stanley Rugged lineup.

The Stanley Technician case is a snap-on case for the iPhone 5, although there is also a version for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. It is the most minimalist case offered by the Stanley series, and it’s a pleasure to hold in your hand because it fits so snugly around the iPhone and it’s not very thick. As you can see from the image above, the case also comes with a holster, so the case can be fastened to Jeans pockets, tool pouch, or anything else you can stick it on.

The case holds up well to a beating, and the Stanley name is proudly displayed on the rear of the case in the silicone outline:

The camera, rear-facing LED flash, and rear-facing microphone are all open to whatever you point them at with the spacey rear hole:

The sleep/wake button on the iPhone is shrouded by a silicone layer to keep the button safe from scratches and scuffs. Pressing it is no hassle at all:

The case also gives the user a nice wide hole for switching on and off the ringer/silent switch. The switch is exposed, however the volume up and volume down buttons are covered in the silicone lining to prevent scratches and scuffs. The sides of the case feature a rugged design in the silicone, which makes gripping this case a breeze:

From the bottom, we can see that there is a slightly tight space to fit your plugs, however the lightning connector will fit just fine. The headphone jack is limited to smaller and mid-sized jacks. The case has three separate holes that make way for the bottom speaker and the bottom microphone:

We can also see from the image above that the case has a really low profile on the screen. It almost feels like there’s nothing covering the screen. The case offers a wide-open area for the touch screen and doesn’t get in the way of the front-facing camera, or the front-facing speaker.

The holster, much like the holster offered with the Stanley Foreman case, has the Stanley logo printed on the clip. The clip has a ratcheting mechanism, so you can adjust it to the angle that you prefer. The beefy clip doesn't feel like it's going to break any time soon:

If you have more of a minimalist attitude and don’t like carrying the extra bulk, but still want some moderate protection, I can recommend the Stanley Technician case for iPhone 5 from Incipio. This is one of my favorite cases that I’ve checked out in 2013 thus far, as it's tight-fitting and I like the design on it.

Because of its low profile on the front, moderate protection, and easy-to-grip edges we’re giving the Stanley Technician 4 out of 5 leaves.

Every Stanley Technician case from Incipio comes with a screen protector and microfiber cloth. The case comes in Black and Yellow, Black and Pink, Black on Black, and White and Gray. It retails for $39.99 on Incipio's Web site.

You can check out Incipio's Stanley Rugged case video below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the link below:

YouTube Link
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-01-2013 at 10:40 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

-10 but some will buy it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default yuck
    I agree with you. It looks like ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    -10 but some will buy it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i also agree with the 2 guys above me, this case looks weird