+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A Look At the Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
After getting your new iPhone 5, you will probably be looking for the right case to use with it. Quality cases aren’t exactly cheap, ranging from anywhere between $20-80. Today
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default A Look At the Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 5

After getting your new iPhone 5, you will probably be looking for the right case to use with it. Quality cases aren’t exactly cheap, ranging from anywhere between $20-80. Today we will be looking at the Incipio Feather case for the iPhone 5, a case made for those minimalists out there that want nothing more than to help scratch-proof the back side.

Shown above, the Incipio Feather case is very minimalistic. The Incipio logo is proudly displayed at the bottom of the case. It’s a snap on plastic case that has a rubberized feel to it. This rubberized plastic gives it a good grip that should help keep you from dropping your new iPhone 5.

The Camera hole has a nice wide opening for the lens, LED flash, and new rear-facing microphone. Thanks to the low profile of the case and the wide opening, the case will never get in the way of your photographs – especially when using the LED flash.

The case features an opening on the edge so you can reach all of your volume controls: the volume up button, volume down button, and the ringer/silent switch. I prefer the open feeling rather than having some kind of rubber overlay on the buttons, since it usually ends up being much easier to press the buttons. I had no trouble at all operating the buttons or the ringer/silent switch with the Incipio Feather case.

There is also a nice opening at the top so you can easily access your power button. With the open lip at the top, enough of the iPhone 5’s anodized aluminum is showing so that everyone around you will know you’re using the iPhone 5.

From the bottom, there is another nice opening for your speaker, microphone, headphone jack, and Lightning cable port. All of these are also easily accessible due to the nice open design at the bottom where no part of the case is actually covering these objects. All the space the case gives you allows you to use a wide variety of different speakers and headphones.

The Incipio Feather case for the iPhone 5 feels great in the hand. Being that the case is light and minimalistic, you’re not sacrificing the slim form factor of the new iPhone 5 for protection. In fact, the light case mixes very well with the weight of the iPhone itself to give you what feels like just the right consistency.

The Incipio Feather case is not exactly designed for drop protection, as it provides next to no shock protection whatsoever. On other hand, the case will be great for people that set their iPhone 5 on the table because it will help keep the table from scuffing up the anodized aluminum on the back. It also comes with a screen protector to help shield the screen. At best, the Incipio Feather is a light-duty case intended for the not-so-clumsy. The more clumsy people might want to invest in an Otterbox or something more protective of that nature.

In terms of looks, the case is very sleek and you can barely even tell the case is there unless you’re looking at it from the back. I like this case and would certainly recommend it for the price – it gets 4 out of 5 leaves.

For people that care about looks, the Incipio Feather comes in black, purple, pink, blue, red, green, gray, and orange. It retails for $24.99 on Incipio's Web site. Incipio also makes a similar case for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S if you use one of those phones.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-26-2012 at 09:37 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    bought this case at frys the day after the iphone was released. Best purchase ever. I also bought the metallic finish feather case. they are both awesome. they absolutely no bulk to the phone but does add protection.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMindedBoy View Post
    bought this case at frys the day after the iphone was released. Best purchase ever. I also bought the metallic finish feather case. they are both awesome. they absolutely no bulk to the phone but does add protection.
    Hard Plastic is terrible imo. The NGP Obsidian Matte Black (soft shell/tight rubber) I have been buying since the original iPhone. Dropped my phone from the 2nd story of a mall building by the escalator and it bounced nearly a foot and sustained 0% damage. We're talking 15-20 feet here people to put that into perspective for you.

Just my two cents
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

2nd story?! WTF were you doin?! Lol I jus look down girls shirts from the 2nd story

Thanks

My apologies to the person who already bought this but there is no frontal protection at all!!! I dislike these type of cases cuz accidental dropping of your iPhone on the wrong spot and its an automatic decrease in resale value..

I try to keep my iDevices in perfect condition for the next person that buys it from me.

That's my thinking, anyways

Thanks

I love minimalist cases like this. If I would, I'd go caseless because I like the beauty of the iPhone. I just want to have something to protect the back when I put it on my desk.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I love minimalist cases like this. If I would, I'd go caseless because I like the beauty of the iPhone. I just want to have something to protect the back when I put it on my desk.

Dodo leather backing.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

nice case, but NO SCREEN protection...
    What is with these companies and not making a case that wraps around the front of the screen at all, just in the corners or along the edge is all I ask

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    What is with these companies and not making a case that wraps around the front of the screen at all, just in the corners or along the edge is all I ask
    It comes with a free screen protector and micro-fiber cloth. I ended up giving that to somebody, though.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-27-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    That's why their are other cases available. This is obviously marketed for those that want lightweight material with the beauty of the screen on display. I try to stay away from cases, i usually just sport invisishield.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    My apologies to the person who already bought this but there is no frontal protection at all!!! I dislike these type of cases cuz accidental dropping of your iPhone on the wrong spot and its an automatic decrease in resale value..

I try to keep my iDevices in perfect condition for the next person that buys it from me.

That's my thinking, anyways
    Poetic on amazon is a nice inexpensive case that offers some face protection. Also the back is transparent.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Hard Plastic is terrible imo. The NGP Obsidian Matte Black (soft shell/tight rubber) I have been buying since the original iPhone. Dropped my phone from the 2nd story of a mall building by the escalator and it bounced nearly a foot and sustained 0% damage. We're talking 15-20 feet here people to put that into perspective for you.

Just my two cents
    i dont have butter hands so i never drop my phone, this case is the best for me. that ngp shell you describe is horrible,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought this case right after getting my i5. No screen protector included. The only bad part is next to the volume buttons the edge is not fully protected and the black finish is wearing off on the edge, creating a silver line. I have had all the iphones since they came out years ago, this is my favorite iPhone cover ever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lthornton View Post
    I bought this case right after getting my i5. No screen protector included. The only bad part is next to the volume buttons the edge is not fully protected and the black finish is wearing off on the edge, creating a silver line. I have had all the iphones since they came out years ago, this is my favorite iPhone cover ever.
    I got a screen protector with mine inside of the packaging with the literature. You should have gotten one as well according to Incipio's site. If you didn't, you may be able to complain to them and get one:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jme2712 View Post
    Poetic on amazon is a nice inexpensive case that offers some face protection. Also the back is transparent.
    I saw those and almost bought it! LOL!

Instead, I really wanted a case/holster combo and I was tired of waiting for Seidio to release their white version so I found (at Best Buy of all places!) a Platinum case. Its exactly what i was looking for!

Here's the link (several colors): Platinum Case

A Look At the Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 5-image.jpg

A Look At the Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 5-image.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got an Incipio Case a little different from this at Wal-Mart for $20. I like it better this this one cause it sticks out a little on the front which protects the screen when turned on its face. It isn't open on the top and has cut out slots in the bottom for the lightning connector, speakers, and headphone jack.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yahh, we can tell you like livin' on the edge Anthony !

Now I have uploaded some pics of an iphone 5 real wood case.\

That's what I am talkin' 'bout...and $13 on eBay! (including shipping)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Look At the Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 5-wood-1.jpg  
    Last edited by thevmax; 11-26-2012 at 07:56 PM.