+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Glowing Light Mod - iFixDirect.com

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
I know you've all seen the glowing Apple mod for the iPhone 4 and 4S. We have all heard the horror stories about short circuiting logic boards, or even simply
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Default Apple Glowing Light Mod - iFixDirect.com

I know you've all seen the glowing Apple mod for the iPhone 4 and 4S. We have all heard the horror stories about short circuiting logic boards, or even simply the battery drain it has. You're in luck - our guys at iFixDirect.com came up with a wonderful new solution to those problems.

If you read [URL="http://modmyi.com/content/7534-giveaway-ifixdirect-color-kits.html"]my previous article[/] on iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S color kits, you'll know iFixDirect.com is all about giving their customers the bet quality product on the market. To that end, they have done months of research and testing (I know this because I kept bugging them about it) on a better and simpler solution to the Apple logo light-up mod.

What they've come up with is amazing! With a simple lift of the LCD ribbon, the removing of a tiny piece of tape, and setting the light pad, this solutions gives you a fully functioning glowing Apple in minutes.

And to do you one better, you can get it now in more than just different color glass - they also have the mod available with a wood like backing to give your phone some extra flare. You know, just in case the glowing Apple wasn’t enough to grab peoples attention.

You can check out the kits at iFixDirect.com - they range from $60-65.

And since iFixDirect is so cool they hooked is up with a $10 dollar off coupon code. Just use code MODMYI to receive the $10 bucks off.

Mvn was gracious enough to give us a nice how-to-install video and some better High quality pics

Thanks you MVN

Last edited by Cowboy; 06-27-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have been installing the original light kit for people. No one has had any drain or short out issues. My only problem was dropping my phone a few times caused it to come lose and had to reopen it and adjust it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I have been installing the original light kit for people. No one has had any drain or short out issues. My only problem was dropping my phone a few times caused it to come lose and had to reopen it and adjust it.
    good to know. i wish this article had more about stuff like this which actually addresses our concerns like a review should.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No wood backplates
    I couldnt find any wooden backplates with the glowing light mod on iFixDirect.com. Are they going to be offering these soon?
    Last edited by Rylax26; 06-25-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Download My Bliss Weather Mod for LowerAW: http://www.mediafire.com/?pelfb6v1imjfrm6

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree on wishing for more info. might be interested if they make this for the next gen iPhone going to be upgrading this cycle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylax26 View Post
    I couldnt find any wooden backplates with the glowing light mod on ifixit.com. Are they going to be offering these soon?
    You went to the wrong website. Re-read the article.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to firetwuck For This Useful Post:

Rylax26 (06-25-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firetwuck View Post
    You went to the wrong website. Re-read the article.
    Thanks I wrote the wrong website in my post but I went to the correct website - iPhone Repair - iPhone Color Swap - iPad Repair - - iFixDirect and they only offer black, white, red and blue. I have a black iphone so i would still probably be interested in the black back but the other colors up top look pretty sweet.
    Download My Bliss Weather Mod for LowerAW: http://www.mediafire.com/?pelfb6v1imjfrm6

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool... its just so dang expensive still... $30 is about all I'd pay for that.

Thanks

You forgot to post the cydia repo for this...

Thanks

Just Incase you missed it iFixDirect is offering modmyi members with a 10 dollar off coupon just use the code
    MODMYI
    To receive the discount.

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Great article and great discount.

On the other hand, I've had my light mod for ages and no battery drain or short circuits. And I've never done anything like it before or since (it did take me about an hour though!!)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ordered one, hope the LED is easy to install.
    Tried to look up youtube video but couldn't find one, but then I was not trying very hard...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ordered one of these kits only to strip the screws on the logic board... has anyone done this and found a solution?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why don't your photos look as good with these replacement backs? because the lenses are crap and not polarized or multi-coated like the lens on the original Apple back. Sayin...

Green Apple
    Thanks

What I don't like about that website is some of the false advertising. They don't have the black 4S antenna/mid plate for sale, even though it's displayed prominently on their home page, as well as the mirror red color swap kit. I'd buy both of those in a heartbeat. I guess it's more disappointment that they don't actually sell them. Light mod looks cool if not a little overpriced.

mvn
    Thanks

We actually had the 4S black frames in stock, recently killed production on them and there is a reason for that. Quality control is important and i can honestly say each and every frame thats available in color for the 4S is terrible quality as you will notice scratches/wear within weeks and within months you will be peeling the remaining of the colored paint. On the other hand, the iPhone 4 black frames are produced with a special process that bonds the paint to the metal permanently thus making it scratch resistant, it is the sole reason why the black frames are displayed.
    Apple Technician - Modder

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Why don't your photos look as good with these replacement backs? because the lenses are crap and not polarized or multi-coated like the lens on the original Apple back. Sayin...
    Also, does it have the OEM finger print resistant coating on the back glass? I wish someone could compare this to KO Gadgets crappy mistake.

mvn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broncosi View Post
    Also, does it have the OEM finger print resistant coating on the back glass? I wish someone could compare this to KO Gadgets crappy mistake.
    The glass on the cover is not original like your stock parts, it is aftermarket just like all the other glass covers available for kits. It is the highest grade of quality available since original Apple glass cannot be obtained with the see through logo, if it was possible we would have it. Only available original glass is for black and white covers without the transparent logo in place. We are going to offer this alternative soon as we have an idea in mind which some people probably will like especially considering it will be purposed around the original oleophobic tempered glass. Keep in mind original glass like Apples will be also more expensive and the modification is already running close to $100 as is. It is an interesting argument of quality and low price, as many people want both but it is impossible to deliver.

To answer the question about the camera lenses, they are original and in fact asides from the glass everything else used is original that includes the heat sink, camera lens, and flash diffuser. The photos will look great, i will post some pictures and a video of my iPhone tomorrow to give you a more thorough idea.
    Apple Technician - Modder

Thanks

Thank you for answer the question mvn
    Been out most of the day

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvn View Post
    We actually had the 4S black frames in stock, recently killed production on them and there is a reason for that. Quality control is important and i can honestly say each and every frame thats available in color for the 4S is terrible quality as you will notice scratches/wear within weeks and within months you will be peeling the remaining of the colored paint. On the other hand, the iPhone 4 black frames are produced with a special process that bonds the paint to the metal permanently thus making it scratch resistant, it is the sole reason why the black frames are displayed.
    Yes I see the main page now only describes it as iPhone 4 midframe, however it is still on the 4S colorswap page. Why can't the 4 midframe color process be done on the 4S midframe, just out of curiosity? Still wish the red mirror kit was available. That thing is hella sexy.