+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Glowing Light Mod - iFixDirect.com

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
@ mvn and cowboy. I purchased the KO gadget failure and honestly wanted the mod very badly. It turned out to be a huge disaster >.> anyways will there be
    iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

@ mvn and cowboy.

I purchased the KO gadget failure and honestly wanted the mod very badly. It turned out to be a huge disaster >.> anyways will there be a video to help guide us? It seems from the discription it is an easier install than KO gadget's was, but honestly I've only done modifications to the software (tweaks and themes, etc) and never actually opened my phone. I'm a competent tinkerer but i don't want to gamble with my beloved iPhone.

So will there be some guidance? cause $50 seems decent enough (thank you for the discount code btw).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

Yes it's super easy to install and I believe they send them with a manual
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default This version will probably still suffer from flicker.
    I purchased the first version from KO Gadget that included the LCD with two wires. I was able to successfully install the mod but not without a major headache. Just like the first version, the second version (which appears to use the same install technique as this one offered by iFixDirect) suffered from a flickering light due to the contacts not being able to make a good connection.

Not only that but the back glass is ultra vulnerable to cracking since there is now a gap between the glass & internals of your phone. So if you apply any hard pressure to areas around the LCD panel then the glass cracks (I have gone through 4 glass panels over the past 5 months). I'm not a fan of cases so perhaps this had a lot to do with it.

By biggest complaint though is how the LCD panel tends to move or disconnect when any type of pressure is put around the apple logo, since the LCD does draw some power from the ribbon cable it's connecting to, this means that your iPhone's LCD is not as bright as it could be since it's supplying power to the LED. As a result you get an iPhone who's screen brightness flickers when the back panel flickers. It's annoying as HELL!!

I'm currently waiting to see what kind of unbreakable back panel iFixDirect claims to be working on. In the meantime I'm going to cross my fingers the clear case does away with the flickering issue when pressure is put on the back glass. I will be installing my 5th back panel soon.

Apple Glowing Light Mod - iFixDirect.com-img_0002.jpg

Here's a current pic of the back of my phone :'(

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

one more quick question I didn't see a picture on the site so is the blue this color?

Apple Glowing Light Mod - iFixDirect.com-untitled.png

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Miron88 (06-04-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosi View Post
    Also, does it have the OEM finger print resistant coating on the back glass? I wish someone could compare this to KO Gadgets crappy mistake.
    because there is plastic on the inside that covers the camera hole. You most likely left it on there, and it is blurrying up your pics

mvn
    Thanks

I'm currently waiting to see what kind of unbreakable back panel iFixDirect claims to be working on. In the meantime I'm going to cross my fingers the clear case does away with the flickering issue when pressure is put on the back glass. I will be installing my 5th back panel soon.
    The unbreakable version would be the wood covers, they will not shatter if dropped on multiple occasions and can easily fall from 6 feet high without breaking. They can be broken in half if you try of course but not from falling thats for sure. Plus its real wood which gives it a nice feel as well, ill have the pictures posted tomorrow of the wood covers but the video is ready.

Just like the first version, the second version (which appears to use the same install technique as this one offered by iFixDirect) suffered from a flickering light due to the contacts not being able to make a good connection.
    No flickering light issues once you have set in the pad neatly. If you need you can always add adhesive to the pad to ensure its secured well. We also add adhesive and padding to the physical point of connection for that same reason.

one more quick question I didn't see a picture on the site so is the blue this color?
    Electro blue cover is the same color but it does not come with the text on the bottom, just the logo cut out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple Glowing Light Mod - iFixDirect.com-modmy1.jpg   Apple Glowing Light Mod - iFixDirect.com-modmy2.jpg  
    Last edited by mvn; 06-27-2012 at 05:31 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A perfect add on to your ph. Amazing concept.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvn View Post
    The unbreakable version would be the wood covers, they will not shatter if dropped on multiple occasions and can easily fall from 6 feet high without breaking. They can be broken in half if you try of course but not from falling thats for sure. Plus its real wood which gives it a nice feel as well, ill have the pictures posted tomorrow of the wood covers but the video is ready.

No flickering light issues once you have set in the pad neatly. If you need you can always add adhesive to the pad to ensure its secured well. We also add adhesive and padding to the physical point of connection for that same reason.

Electro blue cover is the same color but it does not come with the text on the bottom, just the logo cut out.
    Are there replacement back-plates available without the light or tools? How much just for the standard back-plate to replace my cracked one (4S black)?

Thanks

check out the website posted in the first post

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    check out the website posted in the first post
    Please let me know if I missed something but the link ifixdirect only includes the following options:
    iPhone 4 GSM/ATT BLACK - $60.00

iPhone 4 GSM/ATT White - $60.00

iPhone 4 GSM/ATT Red - $60.00

iPhone 4 GSM/ATT Electro Blue - $60.00

iPhone 4 GSM Bamboo Wood - $70.00

iPhone 4 GSM Wenge (Dark) Wood - $70.00

iPhone 4S + iPhone 4 Verizon Black - $65.00

iPhone 4S + iPhone 4 Verizon White - $65.00

iPhone 4S + iPhone 4 Verizon Red - $65.00

iPhone 4S + iPhone 4 Verizon Electro Blue - $65.00

iPhone 4S + iPhone 4 Verizon Bamboo Wood - $75.00

iPhone 4S + iPhone 4 Verizon Wenge (Dark) Wood - $75.00
    I am only looking to replace my cracked back panel, I already have the LED installed. TIA

Thanks

I would email them if you aren't seeing what your looking for

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I bought the KO kit and this kit, this is my review of both kits.
    KO kit advantages:
    1. better back plate, it goes on easily (current version)
    2. LED can be moved to location that best fit the Apple logo.
    KO disadvantages:
    1. The edges do not fit well on back plate, light bleed through on all sides (current version)
    2. Glass break easily, accidentally broke my first kit (this version is similar to ifixdirect back plate)
    3. Hard to keep LED connection to stay.

Bought ifixdirect kit Advantages:
    1. LED is easy to install.
    2. Backplate do not bleed through as much.
    ifixdirect kit disadvantages:
    1. Backplate extremely bad fitment hard to install, light bleed through up top because the LED pushes the plate out quite a bit.
    2. LED connection also goes in and out, however it is easy to move it left and right to get connection.
    3. I think it affects brightness of iPhone LED screen, maybe because the power is being drained by this mod? Sometimes the screen flickers, not sure if it is the install or the LED.
    4. Could this kit have affected the GPS signal? Because when I used GPS it comes in and out. When it is out I squeeze the back plate in the signal comes back for a moment when I release the back plate it drops again. This happened all the time while driving home (1 hour drive), it got so irritating I turned GPS off.

I end up leaving both kits off. Just not worth it to me, if someone can make one that works well I may get another one...

Update:
    Since I took LED off and I switched back to OEM cover, while driving to work I thought I would test the GPS just to make sure it is not the phone. No more drop signals what so ever without the kit.
    Last edited by unison999; 07-09-2012 at 09:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please send more info.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One of the nice gadget here and have liked it,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It looks very cool.

Thanks

Wow that's really cool, I wonder if us plebs could throw one together.
    http://www.superadventuremegaquest.com Super Adventure Mega Quest - New D-Padless technology perfects mobile gaming - Combines the graphics of every generation in one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

THAT IS SOOOOO PIMP! Where can I get this!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12