Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Just Mobile Encore iPad Stand

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default [GIVEAWAY] Just Mobile Encore iPad Stand

Company

Just Mobile has been around for 7 years making really cool accessories. They've focused on accessories for iProducts since 2007, and we always love what they come up with. Based out of Taiwan, with a serious attention to detail and design, Just Mobile builds things that feel as if they match the engineering glory of your Apple products. High quality materials match up to beautiful-in-simplicity designs.

In the Box

This one's a simple one - a single preassembled stand is in the slick packaging. There's also a Just Mobile booklet which introduces you to the company and showcases some of their other products.

Design

Just Mobile always delivers clean design which seems as if it should say "designed in Cupertino, CA" on the back. The Encore iPad stand doesn't disappoint here.

A hefty aluminum base is enough to hold your iPad (or any tablet, really) in either landscape or portrait mode. The stand has a rubberized bottom which makes sure your surfaces aren't being scratched, and also gives a little grip to the stand's position, making sure there's no slip as you tap the device.

The rubberized arm pivots easily with just a push of your finger. It's smooth - no clicks of pre-set angles. At first, this bothered me a bit as I thought it wouldn't hold to the iPad, but as I used the stand I realized there is zero "wiggle" to the arm. Cheaper competitors seem to lose their grip after a little use, or wiggle in and out of position - not so with the Encore.

The arm pivots from a 180 degree hold (or more, honestly, but then your iPad would fall over, ha) to a perfect angle for typing (seen above), and hold the device well at all angles, in both portrait and landscape orientation. A small rubberized lip at the front of the stand keeps your device from slipping off the front of the stand.

For travel or storage, the arm folds all the way down to be flat - easy enough to stow in a bag. In testing, we found most any tablet device fits well in the Encore (Kindle, Android tablets, Kindle Fire). It's too large for a phone, though - tablet only here.

Price / Conclusion

At a retail price of $59.95 (on their website - although it's for sale at $50.93 with free shipping on Amazon if you're a Prime member), this stand is definitely overpriced. I'd feel comfortable paying $29.99 for it, and even $34.99 to justify that "Apple markup" all iThings seem to garnish. Even though we're working with high quality aluminum and materials here - $60 is over the top.

Aside from the price, the Encore by Just Mobile is a well-crafted piece of beauty, and another brilliant design by the folks at Just Mobile.

We're giving the Encore by Just Mobile a 4 leaves rating - the top point missing because the price point is all wrong.

As is customary for an MMi review, Just Mobile is hooking up a reader with an Encore stand for free. Use the widget below to grab entries into the raffle, and we'll pick a winner Friday morning.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

This would be great for reading at my desk. The smart cover only works in landscape and I prefer reading in portrait. I don't know if I would pay $60 just for a stand, though, maybe if it had built in stereo speakers...

This would b sweet 4 my new iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Looks really nice, I kind of need a reliable stand for my iPad

You need a great stand for a great device

awesome looking!

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want

I just lost my stand, perfect timing, here's hopin'.

This is super nice... I hope I win it either way I'm probably going to get one

Memememememememe

Thanks

Nice, me wants
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks

nice

Nice looking... stand

iPhone? More like MyPhone myiphone3gs4055's Avatar
    Thanks

this is the first accessory for my new iPad on the list