Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Piel Frama Pull Series for iPhone 4 and 4S

Default [GIVEAWAY] Piel Frama Pull Series for iPhone 4 and 4S
    With all the new technologies available in this day and age, it’s becoming more difficult to find quality, hand made goods these days. Piel Frama is a manufacturer of high quality leather cases. They are based in Spain and have been making hand made cases for mobile phones since 1984 – before Europe even had mobile phones! They were kind enough to send us a couple of different cases to review. One for the iPhone 4/4S and one for the iPad 2/new iPad.

Today we’re taking a look at their Pull series of cases for the iPhone 4/4S. The case they sent us is their cowskin-ostrich case. There are a couple different things that make this case unique and stand out. First and foremost is the attention to detail given on this case. It is hand made and you can tell. The stitching around the outside of it is beautifully done. You can tell care was taken when making this case as well. The craftsmanship is superior.

The Pull case is such that you slide your iPhone in from the top and all the way down inside. I’ve had cases like this before and one of the more frustrating things about them is how while it’s so easy to get the phone in, taking it out can be a struggle. This case has an elegant solution for just that. There is a strap that is sewn onto the inside of the case and has a small tab that peeks out the top once the phone is inside. To get your phone out, all you have to do is give the tab a ‘pull’ (yes, I believe they named the case that for a reason) and voila, your phone pops about a third of the way up out of the case. In our day to day testing, we found this pull tab to be very convenient.

The inside of the case is made of super soft cowskin. No worries here about any damage to your phone provided you keep the case clean. As the case fully encompasses the iPhone and only the top is exposed, it offers pretty great protection. It is a soft case though so you still wouldn’t want to drop it from too high off the ground.

The Pull case is small enough that you can still fit the iPhone in your pocket although it might be a bit of a squeeze with tight pants. It would really shine if you carry a purse around. You could toss it in and not worry about your keys or anything else doing any damage.

I’ve never seen ostrich skin on a case before and it has a bit of a different look and feel to it. The price point is steep coming in around $75 but it is definitely unique and will stand out next to other cases. The Pull lineup also comes in other types and colors of leather. You can pick one up from Piel Frama’s website. Of course, we’ve giving one away to one lucky member.

We're giving this case a 4 out of 5 leaves.

Rack up entries with the widget below and don’t forget to leave a comment and we’ll declare the winner in a couple of days.

Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 05-08-2012 at 10:24 AM.

ill just use a sock

Those dots on the outside look kind of weird.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This case is very elegant. It can keep your phone safe and easily available to you. I would love this case! Awesome review.

a tad fancy for me, but ill use it if i win it

would have to pay me to use that case.

Not looks that great, but i will try it anyway, if I get it for free

Yh I'll just get my spare leather sock out...

Kinda makes you wonder why there's not a bigger market for chicken-skin leather. You could make this same case for $0.25.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I totally want this pull case. I think it looks great and unique. You gotta pick me!

That is a fairly steep price point but a unique look none the less...

I agree the dots look interesting...But it will be pretty boring too if it didn't have them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd love to use this case!! I had Piel Frama for my old HTC Blackstone (Touch HD) and was amazed by the quality! Would really love to use it with my new iPhone 4S... <3

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Not bad :P

Kind of reminds me of the herpes I had in summer of 2006.. Didn't like it then..but looks cool now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its unique - the handcrafted market and the elegance of Apple products go hand n hand. like it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Banks4004 View Post
    ill just use a sock
    Lmao
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

The original piel frama case I got for my original iPhone 2G is still in great condition. It ws gifter to my son who put an iPhone 3G in it and it suffers regular teenage abuse!
    I have a piel frama case for my iPhone 4g that still looks brand new.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Banks4004 View Post
    ill just use a sock
    I guess iPhones are cheap enough nowadays even for hobos to have them?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I'll take it. The iphone is so much sexier without a case anyways, and this would give me a sweet way to protect it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast