+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] PureGear Kickstand Case and Holster for iPhone 4 and 4S

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
PureGear is based out of Irwindale, CA - 20 minutes east of LA. They're a newer brand, started in September of 2010. They now retail over 100 products for various
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Default [GIVEAWAY] PureGear Kickstand Case and Holster for iPhone 4 and 4S

PureGear is based out of Irwindale, CA - 20 minutes east of LA. They're a newer brand, started in September of 2010. They now retail over 100 products for various mobile devices in the US and Canada. We're looking at their Kickstand Case + Holster today.

Overall, I like the case. It's made from a rubberized material which didn't seem to grab lint too much out of a pocket, but held it's position well on a glass surface. The case fits both the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S. There's also a removable holster, which I'm never a fan of, but worked well.

The case itself is a sturdy one, which fits snugly around the back and sides of the iPhone. The sides are smooth, and the back has a design in it which allows for a bit more grip. It's an ingenious little kickstand here, which is flat against the back normally. You'll need a fingernail or a solid grip to get the kickstand out the first few times - it's in there tight, although not so tight it's ridiculous. You definitely won't have it falling out without you wanting it to.

The kickstand slides down to one position, and snaps in place there. You can then stand the iPhone up in either portrait or landscape mode, and get a good solid stand.

If you're a fan of slim, you're in luck with this case. While a bit bulkier because of the kickstand, this case is still very thin and fits in a pocket well. It does not cover the front of the device, but covers the rest of the device well - a few drops showed no marks on the phone at all. The complete top of the iPhone is uncovered, with a lip gripping it. The dock connector and volume buttons and silent switch are both uncovered as well.

If you're a fan of the holster style case, you'll really like this one. It's very slim, and constructed well (cheap ones rattle or move on their own - this one didn't). I even ran a few miles with the PureGear case holstered to my running shorts, and it held true and snug.

A slight curve to the holster clip allows it to stay slim and hold tight. The clip is on a cover for the iPhone which, when combined with the case itself, offers full body coverage of the device. So if you DO wear this as a holster, your phone is fully protected from drops. Curved bits of plastic hold the case and phone in the holster side - you need to slide the device in from the top rather than try to move the clips - they don't budge. It also easily slides out of the top, and is quickly accessed.

It's a little pricer than I'd have thought - you can pick up the case through the PureGear website for $29.99, plus tax and shipping ($7 to ship here to Tampa, plus $2.09 in tax... almost $40). Personally, $19.99 seems closer to what I'd price this at. Rest assured though, the construction is solid and the material is top notch.

Thanks to the guys at PureGear, we've also got a couple of these to give away! Leave a comment on the story and use the widget below to enter - we'll pick a winner this week and ship it out!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

FIRST TO COMMENT! this product looks amazing! i could definitely use this on my naked iphone 4s! haha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like the kickstand case.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

I gotta have it. It's a kickstand plus holster. Freakin kickass

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

seems very good quality! i would love to give it a try!!

Thanks

Looks sweet! Be nice to have the kickstand available all the time, and in a slim case. Very nice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

new Blackberry to iPhone covert.. can definitely use this case to protect my refurb 4S /32GB from AT&T

thanks

*T*
    Thanks

Looks fresh, but is the back of the case bronze or is that the iPhone back?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have the same case in hard plastic (almost identical in design) that I got from China for about $1.99 shipped! I'd be willing to buy at a reasonable cost, but the price and shipping is rediculous.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks awesome. Hope i win

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks great, pretty slim considering it has a kickstand!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

I bought one of these at the Verizon store. I liked the kickstand but the holster bottom (the part that keeps the bottom of the iphone from slipping out) eventually broke off. I decided I wanted more protection on the top & bottom so I got something else.

Other than that, the case has a super tight fit and great texture!

Thanks

nice case, i'd like to haz !

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

I owned something similar from Philips that I purchased from Sears for $24.99 but the Philips covered the entire phone, It was my go-to case until I dropped my phone. The case protected the phone well but it happened to land on the back where the stand (made of plastic) comes out. The majority of the stand was intact except for one of the plastic pins that acted as a guide when moving the stand. The pin broke and the stand no longer worked.

If the guide pins on this case are not plastic then I would purchase one. My current case is by Speck that has a spring-loaded stand that slides out from the bottom of the case. It can be used in both portrait and lanscape modes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wouldn't mind having this case, looks like it could be handy at times

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Be nice for facetime calls

Thanks
    Sound more that perfect to me

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats pretty sweet
    (null)

EVO
    Thanks

eenie meenie miney me please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the case looks nice, but i am always so torn to put my iphone in a case. its such a sweet looking device to just be wraped up.