+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Proclip iPhone 4 and 4S Car Mount

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
Today we’re taking a look at one the most practical iPhone accessories you could ever own, if you drive a car that is. Proclip is a company that specializes in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [GIVEAWAY] Proclip iPhone 4 and 4S Car Mount

Today we’re taking a look at one the most practical iPhone accessories you could ever own, if you drive a car that is. Proclip is a company that specializes in mounting systems for your devices and the best part is that they’re car specific, meaning you get a perfect fit - every time! As far as Apple devices go, they have mounts for every iPhone, iPad and iPod out there, as well as a massive vehicle database to pick from.

Proclip was kind enough to send over a mounting system to use in my Civic Si. Now I’ve seen and even used several different car mounts in the past but none even comes close to Proclip. There are a couple key elements in a vehicle mounts. One of the most critical things is how secure the mount is. Nobody wants their iDevice going for a ride when the brakes get tapped just a bit too hard! Location of the mount in the car is also another critical aspect.

The Proclip mount involves two pieces. The first is the car specific mount. Each vehicle has several location options to choose from. Typically they mount to an air vent near the steering wheel or somewhere on the center console. The best part about the mount being car-specific is that you don’t have to mess with adhesives that just don’t stick or suction cups that keep coming off the window – I’ve been there, it’s not fun.

The vehicle mount is designed to – wouldn’t you know it- clip on to your dash. The mount I received clips on to the top seam in the dashboard and onto the top of the vent. Proclip even supplies a couple of small wedges to pry up the trim on your dashboard just enough to sneak the mount in. I’ve got to say that the fit is absolutely perfect! It required a decent amount of pressure to snap in, and once in, it’s rock solid. Proclip even ads a couple of small 3M adhesive strips to make extra sure it won’t move.

The second part of the mount is specific to the device. Here again, there are a variety of options for iPhone holders, depending on whether you use a case or have a naked device. There are also options for tilt, swivel, cigarette charger connecting cable and even a rear clip for that extra support while off-roading. As you can see in the picture though, it is easy to tilt into landscape mode and there is more than enough support for that during normal, everyday driving.

The device mount can be mated to the car mount securely with several small screws, provided by Proclip. The fitment of the iPhone in the holder is also superb. It slides in to the mount and feels very firmly held. It also is padded which I couldn’t be more pleased about while using my iPhone without a case.

Between the options to mount in multiple locations, rock solid security, and outstanding fit, it hasn’t taken much time and already, I’ve fallen in love with this mount. Perhaps the only bad thing I could say about this is that if you connect your iPhone to your car stereo via an AUX in or USB cable, you might have to run it up your dash, however, it’s a small price to pay for having your phone in your field of view while driving, and complying with hands-free regulations as well!

The vehicle mount goes for around $30 while the device mounts can set you back anywhere between $25-130 depending on which device and extras you want on the mount. Needless to say, the degree of customization is staggering. If you want a mount that you will not be disappointed in, you can purchase a mounting system on the Proclip website.

Proclip will be giving away an iPhone mounting system (any generation iPhone) to one lucky member. So, if you have an iPhone and a car you can enter below!

Use the widget below to get the most points and we’ll declare the winner from the results in a couple days. Don’t forget you also need to leave a comment on this post to be eligible to win!

Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 02-22-2012 at 10:52 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

weee

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

please! need this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is nice...wonder if it would stick to the surface of my car?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like a great mounting system!

Thanks

OMG. The best I've seen, yet. I need this particular one in my life... Pronto!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice I need to get one ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW checked out the website expensive but I really like the pass through connector!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've wanted one of these forever, but they've been too expensive. Definitely entering as many times as I can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Count me in! These look awesome. Will totally promote these if I win!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    These look pretty, nice, I want one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was just looking into one of these

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks like a great product!! No more cup holder!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've looked at there products and they are awesome, I would love to get this for my jeep.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really want this!! I've been looking for a car mount

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Count me in! This would look great on my dash!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I wanna talk to the owner of this car. I also use a proclip on my Si. I've had it for about a year and it's been great so far. But about the car: Year? Miles? Mods? If she's stock, look into getting Flashpro for starters. Then from there you can start adding parts and tune as necessary. I put about 25k on my Si, and it may not be the fastest, but damn it's sure fun to drive! Plus I get ~32-33 mpg hwy. Also, are you on 8thcivic.com?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    do They have for Subaru WRX 2002??

I would love to have one, just changed my car's audio system, would love to have a nice place to sit my iPhone on the go.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast