+ Reply
Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Jabra SPORT Wireless Headset

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
Headphones are something I do not take for granted. They play a big role in my day to day activities, whether it’s at home, at the office, or while travelling.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default [GIVEAWAY] Jabra SPORT Wireless Headset

Headphones are something I do not take for granted. They play a big role in my day to day activities, whether it’s at home, at the office, or while travelling. I even use different kinds, depending if I’m going to be talking on the phone or not. I have a more expensive pair for purely listening but when I want to talk on the phone I usually switch them out for the stock Apple headphones with the in-line mic.

Unfortunately, while doing any sort of physical activity, neither of them is suitable. The Apple headphones just don’t stay in my ears and I don’t want to damage my more expensive pair by getting them sweaty. Ideally, it would be nice to exercise, listen to music and if need be, take a call……enter the Jabra SPORT headset.

The SPORT headset has an over-the-ear design, which makes it more likely to stay in place during physical activity. It has US Military grade rain, dust and shock protection. These might be one of the only pairs of earphones I would be comfortable using in a heavy rainstorm. They are ultra lightweight to the point where you might forget you’re wearing them.

The best thing is the fact that the area where the earphone connects to the main body is made of a bendable silicone, which should allow for a good fit on many different types of ears. The cord connecting the two earpieces together also has a rubbery coating on it which, again, should withstand the elements, including all that sweat you build up during a good workout.

Let’s talk a bit about the audio quality as, let’s face it, these are headphones! The SPORT communicates to your iPhone through A2DP and also has AM3D bass audio enhancement and a wind-shielded microphone. The sound quality was very good and the bass really was the star, if bass is your thing. The call quality was quite good, in our testing the caller on the other end could tell it was a Bluetooth, but I’ve found the same to be true with many other brands of Bluetooth headsets. Conversation was easily understandable. The SPORT also has a built in FM radio.

As we all know, all ears are not equal, and can range from tiny to large. That’s why Jabra has included multiple ear attachments which should be able to fit comfortably in whatever size ear you may have. In our testing, the SPORT remained in the ear comfortably for over an hour and didn’t fall out during physical activity. Connecting it to the iPhone was a snap. Jabra claims the battery can get through 3 hours of music and 4.5 hours of talk time. While we did run the battery out with music and found it did indeed last just under 3 hours, we did not have a 4.5 hour conversation.

There are buttons for play, pause, forward and backward skip on the earpiece itself which is nice feature as the point of these is to not have to touch your iPhone while using them. Overall, these are great if you are looking for durable, quality sounding earphones that can absorb the beating that comes with intense physical activity. You can pick up a pair on the Jabra website for $99.99. Jabra has been kind enough to provide us with an extra pair that we will be giving away to one lucky member.

We're trying a new method for giveaways - get the most points in the widget below, and we'll pick a winner from the results in a couple days!

Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 02-19-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would be great in the cruizer!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome giveaway!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Would love these

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Really wanna win this!!! i've been waiting for so long to get one of these!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i want one. good to use while working out. i like giveaways.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I especially like the wireless. I alway get tangled in my headphone cords. I'd like one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks comfortable, in comparison to "traditional" BT headsets.
    Also, Jabra is known for great products, so this can't be bad whatsoever .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is such a great idea. I have tried many different headphones while running and they either fall out all the time or mr arm pull on the cord and the get yanked out. These look like a good alternative. Would love to give them a try.

Thanks

Looks very well built, wonder how good the sound quality is? ;P Would be so so useful for my exercises, since all the headphones I own are high end bose products, or skullcandy/ableplanet headphones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome!! This will make my day ;P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

these look awesome! big jabra fan!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Love the headset looks amazing!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No more pulled and frayed cords! I love it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

these looks awesome, the apple headphones have never stayed in my ear and the ones that you stick in your ear are so uncomfortable, i would love to have these

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This would be very nice for when I go to the gym. I don't like working out with the Apple headphones because the wire is all over the place, especially when I'm on the treadmill.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jabra, Baby! Jabra! Would be great if many were given away randomly. Everyone should have a chance to earn it =)

Thanks

Wow those are slick, sign me up for those puppies. Thanks modmyi- nice giveaway!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would love to use these while working out!