Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Otterbox Commuter Series for iPhone 4 and 4S

Default [GIVEAWAY] Otterbox Commuter Series for iPhone 4 and 4S

Having already reviewed the Reflex and Defender series, this is our final review of the Otterbox case lineup for the iPhone 4 and 4S.

The Commuter is a two piece case which marries an inner silicone shell with a polycarbonate exterior. Putting the case on the iPhone is pretty easy: all you have to do is pop out the silicone shell, wrap it around your iPhone, and clip the hard outer shell around it. The fit on the iPhone is extremely good, and we would expect nothing less from Otterbox. The polycarbonate shell even has quite a bit of give so the case doesn’t become completely rigid once together.

The Commuter comes in somewhere in the middle of the Reflex and Defender both in terms of bulkiness and protection. As with the other two, this case is pretty bulky and not exactly pocket friendly. But, as we all know, Otterbox puts a lot of their time into making sure your phone is protected, and the Commuter is no exception. Dropping an iPhone in a Commuter case should not get the blood pumping and heart rate up like dropping our iPhone always does! It’s designed to take a bit of a beating.

A couple aesthetic things about the case…..it has a cutout for the vibrate switch while the power and volume buttons are completely covered. One thing that I didn’t like terribly much is that the headphone jack and dock connector are covered with flaps that can be open and closed to insert the desired cable. I understand why it would be nice to be able to close off these areas and thus protect the iPhone even more, but I found it a bit of nuisance to have to open and close the flaps.

All in all, I would have to say that this is my favorite case out of the lineup. If you want the utmost in protection, definitely go out and get a Defender but if you want something that is a bit smaller but still offers great protection and doesn’t put as much of a dent in your wallet, have a look at the Commuter.

They’re available on the Otterbox Website for $34.95 and comes in a bunch of different colors..........OR, you can leave a comment here for a chance to win one!
    Last edited by Cyprian Peters; 02-18-2012 at 12:34 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyprian Peters For This Useful Post:

wicked_willis (02-21-2012)

This case looks awesome. I would love to have it. I used this type of case when I had an iPhone 3g, iPhone 3gs, and my old iPhone 4.

Looks cool gimme gimme

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is pretty awesome, a lot more sleeker then regular otterbox cases

Looks great, doesn't seem as bulky as other ones as well.

This is is the kind of case I need after replacing my glass back twice

Looks awesome, would love to get one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea like that its not too bulky

It looks nice. I would like to get one

Nice Bit Of Kit, Like to try it!

Ya this is pretty sweet case wouldnt mind one

Count me in! Thanks for the opportunity

Oh snapples! I hope I win. Good luck to everyone and thanks MMi for these awesome giveaways.

love the colors

Cool looking and funtional! Count me in!

winning one of those cases would me sweeeet!

me me me me!!

hell yeah i would love to have one of these

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast