+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Add a Brightness Switch to Your App Switcher With Brightness Switcher!

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 808 Posts

Default [Giveaway] Add a Brightness Switch to Your App Switcher With Brightness Switcher!

Brightness Switcher adds a seamless switch to your App Switcher to adjust screen brightness.

Want to have an easier way to adjust your brightness? Apple already includes the ability to adjust your volume in the App Switcher and on the lock screen when you double press the home button, but doesn't include any way to adjust brightness outside of using the Settings app. This can be annoying if you hate having you dig through settings to adjust something that sometimes needs to be instant. This tweak, dubbed Brightness Switcher by the renowned jailbreak tweak developer Yllier, is nice and simple and serves a very important purpose. It brings simplicity to iOS, albeit already a simple operating system. It's also fully compatible with iOS 5; it works with any iOS version 4.2 and up.

How does it work? Easy. Like this:

Opening the Settings App, you can see the settings for Brightness Switcher. It's as simple as it is beautiful. You can choose for your App Switcher to have just the brightness switch, or both brightness and volume. Also, look how beautifully massaged it is into iOS!

"One more thing." - Steve Jobs
    Remember the beautiful tweak that we showed you by Ori Kadosh called LockScreen Multitasking? Well, Yllier's Brightness Switcher tweak is fully compatible with it, and it will work on the lock screen as well! Ever notice how the lock screen is always so much brighter than the springboard? Well now you can fix that! And it's such a beautiful combination:

You can grab Brightness Switcher in the Modmyi repo of Cydia today!

Tweak Name: Brightness Switcher
    Developer: Yllier
    Price: 99
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

I was able to email Yllier and ask some questions regarding Brightness Switcher; which I hope you will find enlightening as well:

Anthony: What gave you the idea to make this tweak?
    Yllier: I either use my iPhone's or my earphone's remote volume buttons. So there is no need having volume controls in the switcher. I was looking to replace the volume slider in the switcher with something more useful and I choose a brightness slider.

Anthony: What are your preferred settings for the tweak?
    Yllier: Just having the brightness slider.

Anthony: Are you planning any updates in the future for this tweak?
    Nope. What else should I add? (Share in the comments!)

Anthony: What are your top five favorite Cydia packages or tweaks that you are not responsible for?
    Yllier: I'm trying to keep the looks of my iPhone as native as possible...
    • My top favorite is SBSettings.
    • TetherMe; my cellular provider wants to see extra money for tethering. No way I'm gonna pay them and so far they haven't complained
    • 3G Unrestrictor; still useful
    • Shrink; slim fingers don't need huge icons
    • SwitcherMod; without this the switcher would be almost horrible.
    • And let me add a 6th; iFile, just because it has helped me a lot when my MBP was not with me

The Giveaway!

Yllier was generous enough to give away TEN copies of Brightness Switcher.

Here's how to win:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win Brightness Switcher for iPhone!"

Winners will be announced on Thursday, November 17.

Sources: Yllier

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice! Why doesn't Apple implement this? It would be soO easy to integrate this into the notification center.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Brightness Activator is the best brightness tweak.

Here's how to win:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    buahahaha
    Last edited by zYxMa; 11-16-2011 at 05:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There's App Switcher Brightness, which i say looks a whole lot better because it doesn't have that weird amount of space in between the volume and brightness adjuster. And oh look, it's the same price

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abcderick12 View Post
    There's App Switcher Brightness, which i say looks a whole lot better because it doesn't have that weird amount of space in between the volume and brightness adjuster. And oh look, it's the same price
    I brought your commentary to the attention of the developer. Perhaps Yllier will take your advice?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abcderick12 View Post
    Have you ever tried swiping back to the other switcher pages when using AppSwitcher Brightness? it's nearly impossible because the sliders are too near to each other -> the system doesn't know if you want to swipe to another page or use one of the sliders. since the slider is placed on the page view the slider will be used or nothing happens.

That's exactly the reason why my sliders are a bit more apart. it might not look that nice, but in this case usability beats design.

as far as I know he doesn't seem to support only brightness and also no SBRotator.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yllier For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (11-16-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

This is built into SBSettings and Wee Stats, so why would anyone pay to get a brightness slider? This would be a nice free tweak though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Giveaway] Add a Brightness Switch to Your App Switcher With Brightness Switcher!-imageuploadedbymodmyi1323230366.607450.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    This is built into SBSettings and Wee Stats, so why would anyone pay to get a brightness slider? This would be a nice free tweak though.
    Those are laggy. Yuck.