Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] PEACHii iBooKas - Bamboo for your iPhone

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default [GIVEAWAY] PEACHii iBooKas - Bamboo for your iPhone

In our third PEACHii review in the past week or so, we're taking a look at their iBooKas, an all-bamboo case perfectly machined for your iPhone 4 or 4S.

Designed in Florida, and "made in a sweaty shop" according to the engraved text on the inside of the case, we've become big fans of the stuff Nick from PEACHii and his crew make. Over the past couple weeks I and my wife have both been using the iBooKas around town, and get a lot of compliments on them.

These pieces are nice in their unique look - wood cases (ok, ok, we know bamboo is TECHNICALLY a grass) are rare, and this one fits perfect on the device and looks good, too.

Precision machined from a single piece of bamboo, all the necessary cutouts are on the case to allow you to access the various buttons and ports of the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S (the SIM tray is not accessible with the case on; the though being it is used rarely). The back also has an circular opening where the Apple logo shows through.

There are also indentations cut in where your fingers and palm tend to gravitate to on the case, making for a solid, contoured grip. The warmth of wood makes a nice step away from the hard plastic or metal most cases offer. Each case is hand-sanded and finished with an oil blend before getting to you.

Getting your device in and out of the case is simple, but snug enough you're not worried it's going anywhere. You can simply bend the bamboo (VERY slightly, please) just a tad as your putting the phone into the case, and it snaps in with a satisfying feel.

The iBooKas comes in a few colors - natural (pictured standing up in the first photo in this review), carbonized (a browner color), or marbled (a combination of the two). They don't add much thickness to the device (you know you've got a case on, but it's still thin), and run $49.99 each on the PEACHii website. Give an average of a week before it ships, as PEACHii is busy!

The guys at PEACHii were cool enough to hook us up with a giveaway iBooKas, so feel free to leave a comment here with your bamboo thoughts or experience, and we'll pick a winner to send one of these to tomorrow!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I've seen a few of the PEACHii reviews over the last couple of days. This iBooKas is the one item that has actually enticed me to create an account on this website and try to win one in a giveaway. It's just a damn sexy case, and very unique. Well done.

I've been looking at this case for some time and I think there is no other case that would look better on iPhone... I would love to get it but it's a bit pricy for me

This is one of the better wooden case I have seen.

I have a lot of different cases for my Iphone but must admit this case looks great. I love the idea of a natural case and wood just love one. Hopefully this is sustainable which in this day and age is a bonus. Might buy one in the future if I do not get one from you guys. Thanks Modmyi am an avid fan. Spliff1

Life is peachii....This case looks good. I see alot of things made of bamboo.

Those babies are pretty peachy. Wouldn't mind rocking one on my new i4S!

Well the only bamboo I have so far are mini shoots in tiny jars.. They're cute. I like this though, I checked out their website and by far I prefer the bamboo cases and backs, simply the natural feeling of it and just how unique it looks in comparison to the grey carbon ones. Mixing the modern with the natural, I like it. It's perfect.

I definitely find this case to be very attractive. I would thoroughly enjoy putting this on my new iPhone 4S!

ive been lookin for a case for a long time, for two months if fact, and in those 2 months, have dropped my phone twice, SO I NEED THIS, THINK OF IT AS... protecting a fellow "i" user from spending another $200 on a replacement

It seems like an awesome case. Like most cases are too thick or down right ugly. This case is nice smooth and looks great. Can't wait to see if I get picked to get the free case.

Love This case, been through a few cases and have been wanting one of these bamboo cases

these cases look super cool and awesome... i want one

Looks really nice! Would really look nice with my Bamboo flooring that I have in my house!

they look real good. i could see my iphone in that case

I'll go in for one of these

Very refreshing look.

Thanks

looks like some one found a good use for the bamboo in their yard that they cant get rid of. they need to sell bamboo with a warning.

These are the coolest cases I've seen as far as wood goes. The carbonized one is really nice but I wouldn't say no to either of them. Thanks MMi and PEACHii Looking forward to being contacted and now I'm gonna start on my thank you speech

These look really nice... Count me in!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast