+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS5 Missing Essential Features Related To FaceTime/iMessages

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
Now that the GM has released, a major feature that I feel is essential to iMessages, and FaceTime (now that it goes by e-mail) is still missing. The ability to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS5 Missing Essential Features Related To FaceTime/iMessages
    Now that the GM has released, a major feature that I feel is essential to iMessages, and FaceTime (now that it goes by e-mail) is still missing. The ability to block users who spam you, or guessed your e-mail and keep messaging/calling.

Say you are rather well known online (ie: President Obama) and you have an iPhone. You decide to use an e-mail address that everyone either knows or can easily guess as your account on these services. (ie: [email protected]) Now too many of your legimate friends, coworkers, etc... know this address for you to easily switch it. Total strangers, stalkers, crazed fans, angry citizens, etc... now FaceTime you, and iMessage you all the time now. How would you put a stop to it? There is no way to do it. I think the following features must be added:

A) Add/remove users from a block list for each of the 2 services I mentioned. (Lists are exclusive from each other)

B) Have the option to in addition to option A block users that are not added to your contacts list.

I feel this is essential for both keeping your phone from going off constantly, and for maintaining your privacy/sanity. Imagine being a semi-public figure in your town, company, etc... and having your e-mail address guessed. You'd have to turn the service off, and go without it just due to these missing features.
    -FBIRyuJin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fbiryujin For This Useful Post:

miladkhahil (10-07-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

True! Even a black list for calls and texts would be welcomed...because you don't need to be famous. For example ex-girlfriends can be very annoying

iPhone? More like MyPhone fabbuloso's Avatar
    Thanks

I have problem with imessage.one of my friends use gevey i4,mine is unlocked i4 and i cant receive text mesaage from him.only imessage works.i use two adresses one of them is my mail other one is my number.and my caller id is my mail.why do think that happens.i still have GM installed.any ideass?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takumo View Post
    True! Even a black list for calls and texts would be welcomed...because you don't need to be famous. For example ex-girlfriends can be very annoying
    +1 for us! haha
    hope they put a new update about this soon

What's Jailbreak? Fidlisskbarned's Avatar
    Thanks

Upgrading from JB 4.3.3 to iOS5 was the worst idea. Nothing compares to iPhone after jailbreak. No easy way to restore either. DO NOT UPGRADE IT SUCKS