+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Mountek MT5000 - CD Slot Universal iPhone Mount

is a discussion within the

Reviews

forums, a part of the

iOS and OS X Reviews

section;
The Mountek MT5000 iPhone Mount surprised me. It's a pretty typical universal mount as they go - a couple sliding arms with a quick-release button to release your device. However,
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Default [GIVEAWAY] Mountek MT5000 - CD Slot Universal iPhone Mount

The Mountek MT5000 iPhone Mount surprised me. It's a pretty typical universal mount as they go - a couple sliding arms with a quick-release button to release your device. However, it's got a couple features which set it apart, and the build quality was surprisingly great.

The box threw me off. It comes in a plain thin white box with a Mountek sticker on it. Inside the mount is in a plastic bag with a little folded piece of paper telling me about the product, and referring me to a Gmail address for my customer service (they've responded quick though to questions I had while reviewing). I expected little.

However - the Mountek mount was far better than I thought! The material is a grayish black firm plastic or composite (their site doesn't say). The mount differs from most in that it inserts into your CD changer, and the 4 inserted tabs expand away from each other as you turn a screw, holding the mount firmly in place. What? You still listen to CDs in your car? Well, this mount isn't for you then.

Once in place, the MT5000 melded perfectly with the design of my dash (an added bonus!), and was easy to set my iPhone in and press the sides towards the phone to keep it in place. The padded bits left the phone snug and clean. A button on top of the mount was easy to press and sprang the sides out for me to grab the phone out when I was done. The mount itself is sturdy and the unique method of attaching to the car (in the CD slot) is surprisingly strong.

Rotating the phone was easy, 360 degrees as well as being able to tilt it towards and away from me. This mount would just as easily work with your iPod Touch, older iPhone models, or most smart phones or GPS units. A removable bit at the bottom makes sure the device doesn't slip down.

I like the placement of the mount quite a bit - I don't really listen to CDs much anymore, and have a changer in my car anyway so there's 6 in there (meaning I don't foresee having to move this much if at all). I actually decided to keep this mount in my car after using it a few days - spot on, Mountek. My only issue I have is my volume button is under the changer, and while this does leave enough room to get to it, it's a bit cramped. I use the volume on my steering wheel usually, so that wasn't too much of an issue for me. It did bug me a bit, though. Many cars have the volume buttons to the side though, so that may be a non-issue for you.

You can grab one for the decent price of $19.99 on their site, but we've got one for giveaway of course as well! Leave a comment and we'll pick a winner to send this out to this week!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That would be handy

Also not bad for $20
    Last edited by snaketooth; 08-06-2011 at 02:51 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been searching for a solid way to mount my car around my iphone 4 for ages. Now Mountek comes up with this brilliant device. Why the hell didn't Hyundai just think of that to begin with? As the great man, Will Smith, says - now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout.
    Last edited by Ozzie5374; 08-07-2011 at 07:43 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like a great mount, a wonder nobody thought of this before. From other reviews I've read online it seems to be pretty stable with only one review saying it fell out after a few times of installing and uninstalling.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great mount. Even better car. Looks like the Mercedes C3XX Sport Package with Navigation!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is great .. I would definitely want it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This would be awesome for when I am traveling and have a rental car. I have to get one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I Need This! =D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems interesting, and probably needy for my car

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Only $20. Not bad at all. Never seen one that goes into CD slot. That's awesome!! Now only if I had money for one of those ha

Thanks

That would be sweet. I think the placement on my Trailblazer would also allow the vents to chill the iPhone a bit, which would be nice in the summer!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by friscosooner View Post
    That would be sweet. I think the placement on my Trailblazer would also allow the vents to chill the iPhone a bit, which would be nice in the summer!
    I just got a car recently and have been looking for the last 2 months to find a suitable car mount!! I don't use CDs so this would just be perfect and I really like the way it fits into the whole dashboard. Definitely worth it.

(sorry for some reason I couldn't add a comment, this was the only way. )

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pretty nice deal. I wonder if I could still play cd's since I have a 6 disc changer. I mean they are already loaded in the dash and I hardly change them out.

Thanks

I want free stuff!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool! I need one of those! I usually just use the CD changer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have been looking for a mount for my phone since I have had it since February an have not had any luck. I drive a 2007 pontioac g6 and most of the mounts I found connect to the vent or on the dashboard. In the summer it is usually 95+ degrees everyday in the summer and the vent style is not like that of traditional car vents so most mounts do not fit right so both options won't work for me. I would love to get this but even if I don't win it, I will most likely still purchase it. Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This sounds like an awesome device, nice job Mountek!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome! I've been looking for a clean iPhone mount for my truck. All the ones out there either have a swivel arm or mount to your windshield and looks tacky or comes with the adapter to listen to it through your radio. Anyhow this is a great clean looking holder. I wonder if you can charge your phone while it's sitting in it's slot?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoWoRkSoN's Avatar
    Thanks

I would really love to get this Iphone mount specially since i don't have blue tooth on my car and it could come in handy with my navigation app because I also don't have navigation in my car

Green Apple
    Thanks
    that is beautiful. cd's are really a thing of the past.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast