Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just Mobile Xtand Go Universal Car Mount Review and Giveaway

Default Just Mobile Xtand Go Universal Car Mount Review and Giveaway

I love pretty much everything Just Mobile makes. They make accessories for Apple products, and the style, fit, and quality always match perfectly with the Apple products they are featuring. Their*Xtand for iPhone is still something everyone who comes into my office asks where I got. So of course when Tiffany from Just Mobile emailed me asking if I’d like to try their new Xtand Go car mount for iPhone 4/3G[S]/2G (and really, any phone), I told her to shoot it my way asap.

Finding a good car mount has been tough for me. They always wind up too “clunky,” wouldn’t fit where I wanted them in the car, were designed to be TOO universal (how ’bout those car mounts with little arms that expand or contract to “fit” your phone?), or were just plain ugly. Just Mobile seems to have fixed the majority of those issues with the Xtand Go. The “arm” consists of 3 circular pieces of hard plastic with hinges and swivels, so positioning the phone once it’s on the mount is easy and has a wide range of options. The mount itself where the iPhone 4 goes is extremely form fitting – in fact, even having a colored decal on the side of the phone made it a bit too wide to fit. With the iPhone 4 naked, it clips in perfectly and is just tough enough to get out – bumps won’t shake the phone loose, but it comes out with a firm pull from the mount when you need the phone.

In the box is the iPhone 4 mount seen above, the “arm” – also seen above, the glass mount shown above (I prefer the iPhone to be mounted on the console of the car, some people like it on the windshield), some round double-sided adhesive for affixing the bottom of the “arm” seen above, and a few universal adapters for the “arm” which I will bring up now. In fact, the universal clips are one of my favorite things about this stand.

As you can see above, the universal clips affix to the back of any case you may use for your device using a powerful adhesive which comes off clean (with a little work). With this universal clip (which is extremely thin for those worried about the added bulk), any device and any case will fit the stand as smoothly as if Just Mobile’s German engineering and design team were using your case when they made the Xtand Go.

If you’re in the market for a car mount – pick this one up. I’ve tried quite a few, and this is my favorite. And you really can’t go wrong with Just Mobile’s products. The Xtand Go sells for $39.99, although Amazon currently has it on sale for just under $31. Of course, if you don’t want to pay that… just leave a comment in the review thread here, and we’ll pick a random member from the comments Thursday to send a free Xtand Go to.

More...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ModMyi Reviews For This Useful Post:

Rinki Garg (03-01-2012)

That mount is so cool great job

I don't think I've ever commented on a giveaway in the time I've been a member of the mod forum (and I've been around for a more than a few years)... But this product is just so nice that I'll stick my neck out there and say that I'll gladly take one off your hands... I've wanted a car mount ever since the iPhone got actual GPS capability... I've just never seen one that is as slick as this beauty. Great review... I'm sold.

Thanks

article posted 02-01-2011, 07:10 AM

?

that looks amazing!

This thing looks amazing. I wouldn't have to worry about my phone falling out of the generic phone/gps holders.