GoGo USA offers a variety of gadget accessories specifically designed for Apple products. Currently they are concentrating on making cases for the iPhone 3G/3GS and the iPod Touch 2G/3G. They haven't been in the Apple accessory business for very long but have some high goals and according to their site are "committed to providing our customers with excellent customer service, innovative high quality products, and competitive prices in the market."

Today we're checking out their Slim Snap-on iPhone 3G/3GS Case Velvet Touch with Design (Applehead White). This case is just a simple snap-on sleeve that goes on the back of your iPhone 3G or 3GS. It's constructed from plastic shaped to fit the back and sides of your iPhone preciesly. The polycarbonate is supposed to resists scratching your iPhone 3G/3GS and also claims to collect less dust than other case designs. To top it all off the case is claimed to be very thin but very tough to resist breakage.

First impressions of the case materials are. The plastic is very soft feeling while having no problems maintaining shape. It's difficult to explain, it is undoubtedly plastic, but it feels a lot more supple and soft than initially expected. Fitting on the iPhone 3G/3GS is tight and secure. The "Applehead" image on the back seems to be integrated into the case so it won't scrape off easily. The case is very very thin at less than 1mm thick. It adds practically no bulk or weight to the iPhone which is good for taking it in and out of your pocket or protecting from scratches but is not meant to protect your iPhone from shock.

In testing the shell didn't fall off during a variety of different drops from different heights and angles. There are the same basic cutouts that one expects from an iPhone case allowing easy access to volume, silent switch, sim card, headphone port, camera, speak, microphone, and data port. There is also a cutout on the back for the Apple logo from your iPhone 3G/3GS.

The GoGo USA Slim Snap-on case for iPhone 3G/3GS is what one expects to see from a simple snap-on case. The fit is good, the plastic is pretty good (oddly "soft" with this shell, and you can still use all the ports and buttons on the phone. I'm not so sure about the cut-out for the Apple logo on the back I'd actually prefer if that was covered and protected from scratches as well but that's my personal perefernces. GoGo is now shipping a screen protector along with their sleeves which would be a nice addition and makes the $19.99 price point more reasonable.

Overall the case is average, there isn't anything horrible in the design but there also isn't anything I would call special. At the end of the day if you're purchasing a shell-design case it's a good basic option depending on your asthetic senses. The screen protector bundled in with the shell is a nice bonus.

We're giving away our review sample! Simply post a comment below with the color of your iPhone 3G/3GS to enter. Giveaway ends 12/12/09.

More...