This is the Richard Solo Smart battery version 2. In our last version the unit attached to the phone itself and caused for some concern among members as to whether or not it was safe to attach to the phone in such a manner, as well the way it attached it extended the iphones footprint up to almost 10 inches long. This new Solo version 2 for iPod/iPhone uses a cable to attach the phone to the battery allowing the battery to tether up to 20 inches away from the phone. Now you can put the battery anywhere you wish, even at the back of the phone.

The retractible USB charge cable for the Solo and the cig lighter plug with usb ports make a nice combination of user interface and convenience. A wall charger is also included for when you are home and charging the Solo. On a side note, the USB to apple plug that comes with the solo can also charge the phone by itself while the Solo is being charged elsewhere.

I've gotten good use of the lazar pointer and I've enjoyed using the white led for entry into my home at night as well. On the front of the Solo you'll see a set of lights. One is charging when the unit is plugged to a power source. Another is discharging when the iPhone is plugged in. The last one is for full charge. These indicators will let you know if your Solo is working properly or is good to go. As you can see the back also has an on/off switch for the lower light accessories.

Technical Specs

1.) 1800mAh polymerized lithium-ion battery

2.) Richard Solo Battery itself is charged to 100% in about 5 hours or less

3.) Output: DC 5V +/- 0.25V

4.) Output current: 500mA

5.) Battery weighs: 2.3 oz. [67.6 gm]

6.) Battery measures: 2" x 7/16" x 4 3/8" [5.3 x 1.3 x 11.2 cm]

7.) Mini-USB to Apple connector cable measures: 20.5" [52 cm]

8.) Extended USB retractable charging cable measures: 29" [73 cm]

More...